Time for a Superman thread

Time for a Superman thread.

Who voiced him better? Tim Daly or George Newbern?

Both

I never really took the time to compare any of Superman's VAs, so in my head there's no distinct difference and I always mix up which actor did which version/

I hear a little of both when I read Superman. They carry the character well.

George.
His lines during the Cadmus arc were extremely well-delivered and his world of cardboard speech always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

>Superdad
>Superbro
>Superlord

What other version of Super should exist

Superpimp

>beat Batman and Big Barda's streak even under a red sun
>fucked Wonder Woman so hard, she had permanent sex hair

Why is JLA Superman so based?

I think Newbern got shit when he first took the role but I think that's because Superman's characterization in the first season of Justice League was off. Plus we didn't get to feel his everyman side of Clark as much as we did with Daly. I think Newbern did a great job and, unlike Conroy, still owns the role. He was aces in Injustice, I was not expecting that "you weren't the gun" line to hit me like it did.

It's difficult for me to think of a definitive voice for Superman, because Superman should sound like any normal, perfectly nice guy you'd find on the street. Nolan North did fine work with the role as well.

Didn't like the All-Star guy but the voice acting in that movie was bad in general.

This comic always gets me, no matter how many times I re-read it.

Anybody mind if (try to) drop a quick storytime of one of my absolute favorite single Superman issues?

I'm going ahead anyway, sure hope I don't fuck this up!

Bantz

One of my favorite Superman stories has to be from the recent Adventures of Superman comics. Supes has to convince a cult of Superman followers that he's not their god/messiah before they all mass suicide from rooftops all over the city.

If anyone has that, a storytime would be the tits.

I like WW's design in this but WWxSupes is in fact worse than cancer

>WWxSupes is in fact worse than cancer
Calm your autism. There's only one episode about them.

>Superhero
The guy that everyone in-universe knows him as
>Superboyfriend/Superhusband
Especially for Lois, Lana, WW, etc.

And there it be.

A*

>None of this in film

Snyder is fucking hack

>None of this in film
It's almost like Superman can have a range of lighter stories and darker stories because he's a malleable character.

Literally "not muh" posters are cancer.

Damn what an issue. I always liked Millar's Superman. Thanks for the storytime.

All the stuff going on in this comic and I couldn't stop wondering if he was going to find the dog.
Thanks for posting it.

Gentlemen, I just found out how to make Evil Superman stories interesting again.

Not muh Superman
Though in seriousness you're right, Superman saving some kid's puppy wouldn't fit in a darker Superman story....really I doubt it'd make it into a lighter Superman story. But Synderman just isn't the Superman most people wanted.

The woman in the back should be black Lois

How many people did Prankster and Toyman kill while Superman was waiting for this lady to get down from the ledge.

Now I want to see Superpimp with blaxplotation versions of Maxima and Livewire on his arms checking up on his hoes.

When is Superman going to get a proper game?

I liked the Superman Robot from "Superman: Doomsday". They should bring him back and give him a backstory. It would give Superman his own version of Alfred.

I liked that a lot. Thanks for posting this!

I love this artist's work, Lois and Clark is so fuggin Kawaii

Best ship.

>Hey guys whatif I took that scene from All-Star and stretched it out for pages and pages without it being interesting like in the golden age.

I've always LOVED the idea that Selena gets fucking tired of Bruce being a dick and decides to give Clark a try, and is amazed at how much she enjoys being with a man who smiles every now and then.

The old "nice guys are better than assholes" lesson may not be as true as some of us wish it was, but if there was any woman who would genuinely get tired of chasing after an asshole, it would be Catwoman, wouldn't it?

He is the best thing in Final Crisis BY FAR!

>Singlehandly saved Superman from motherfucking Lex of all people
He should had been given more spotlight.

Oh shit Orange Soder

>Don'chta get it Dad?
>He's Superman!
That warmed my heart like you have no idea

so best

and the hilarious JLA crossover

>not wanting to see any of these lighthearted moments in a Superman film

t. Snyderfag?

Or at least a name. S1 or something like that.

I still love that one of the best one-off portrayals of Superman was written by Garth fucking Ennis.

Sometimes with emotional scenes, less is more. If a page has just a few powerful words mixed with solid art it can pack a much stronger punch.

You mean the Digital First?

Much of it is really good, but the first and third trade collections of them are really aces.