Why do people spend so much money on condos with views of Central Park if it looks like shit for 8 months of the year?

Why do people spend so much money on condos with views of Central Park if it looks like shit for 8 months of the year?

Because all the other views are even shittier. NYC is so overrated.

Probably because it's still a pretty nice view.

If you have enough cash to afford a high rise condo in Manhattan, money saving is probably very little of your concern.

>that
>not maximum comfy
when I inherit a couple mill, the first thing its going into is a comfy penthouse in manhattan

And then you won't have a couple mill anymore

This.

It's human nature to want to be near nature itself.
So strange to me that we all live in places wrapped in concrete..

>another people have different tastes and opinions and I'm having difficulty comprehending it person

do frozen lakes exist in america

That's cool as fuck man.

I'd wager even in those 8 months, it is more pleasant to look at than another building blocking the view would be.

Also, status. They spend so much money, because people know that it costs much money. Though honestly? If I was a rich-fag in NY, I would consider doing so as well - and if it is for easy jogging assess.

>anxiety pills left of keyboard

We got a new yorker alright.

even when "nature" looks shit, it still looks much better than the shit surrounding it

>jew funny money
>valuable

ayy

>another people have different tastes and opinions
>I'm having difficulty comprehending it person
oh boy

because nycucks live in a concrete shit hole and often forget what trees look like.

because its the only place in the city where the view isn't the side of another building

Depends on what you mean by "frozen lakes".
They dont often freeze all they way to the bottom, usually its the surface that is frozen. Up north they might have lakes freeze to the bottom though.
If you mean a permanently frozen lake that has been solid for millions of years, no. The far north of canada might have something like that, but noone really lives there.

hudson river is nice

Of course. Lakes freeze over in the winter where I live, and people snowmobile/ice fish on them. I've even drove my truck on one.

damn NYC is beautiful, i stayed there for a while and loved every moment of it and the urban environment, and this comfy picture just makes me want to be there more

as far as i can tell though in terms of living there dreams will just be dreams but i may be able to get another visit

on topic even when it's shitty it still probably looks good to some of the people living there, especially OP's image. like said, it's natural for some people to want to be around nature, and i guess they go for it around central park

Fucking shill

didn't know you could shill a city

damn I should have gone for STEM

The major reason is people need light. By being in a building "overlooking" Centraal Perk, you are in a building that will not have other buildings next to yours (in the park) that will obstruct the light that comes into your apartment. Until you live in a building that has its light obscured or obstructed by other buildings, you can't begin to appreciate what it is like to be in a building with unobstructed, natural sunlight coming in.

>Reddit on screen

Central Park is the best part about NYC, and I'm serious. shittiest vacation I've ever been on, even nearly got robbed by a nigger off the ferry

it's not strange at all. there's 10k years of civilization that is, at this point, part of our genetics and natural selection. if you want to shit yourself and be an animal, go ahead. there is no merit in the "modern human life is unnatural" argument since everything we do is a product of nature - we simply learned to manipulate nature.

He's right. The only people who give a fuck about Manhattan are Jews, as they're the only ones who can afford to live there. The others are rich Chinese, but I don't see why a Chinaman would shill for Manhattan.

Shit, even Little Italy is nearly gone. It's just one block now.

The only good areas in NYC are Brooklyn, specifically what's left, meaning not Chinese, of Bensonhurst, Staten Island, and maybe the area atop Castle Wall. Everywhere else is kikes, niggers, spics, chinks, and hipsters.

I thought Brooklyn was hipster central

Wanna invite a broke bro over to hang out ;_;

holy fuck I didn't realize it was that fucking big

most lakes deeper than 4m usually don't freeze to the bottom

the far north lakes have about one more month of ice cover than the south

I live close to lake Winnipeg . ice is off by early-mid may and freeze up is late October

>Not liking snow

Its a little under 3 miles north to south and like maybe half a mile east to west

The other 4 months?

Do you like having a backyard?

Also all green spaces look like shit for 8months from that high up.

Depends on what part of Brooklyn. They're around Williamsburg and some area below Castle Wall. However, there's a catch for them living there. Brooklyn in general is a mix between hardened people who aren't afraid to shoot you in broad daylight, and the other half are turtleneck-wearing engineers with money. The ghetto folk don't take kindly to these out-of-state hipsters moving in, and it's not unheard of when a hipster gets their teeth kicked in for running their mouth to the wrong person.

Manhattan also has its share of hipsters, however these are the techie kind who are journalists, shills, and are typically Jewish with daddy's money. Think Sarkeesian.

843 acres, 1/2 mile wide 2 1/2 miles long, 9000 benches, 20,000 trees.

I am an employee there. Ama?

What used to be there before it was a park?

Well the park is a man made piece of landscape architecture built in the 1880s.

Before it was a Park parts of it were an African settlement called Seneca Village, and there was also a bone boiling business in the 59th street area. They had to kick those people and businesses out of the Park to build it.

Going back even further the Park has the remnants of three American Revolution forts.

that looks depressing