Boring Running 2049

I just saw this steaming pile of shit and I cannot believe for the life of me ANYONE found this movie genuinely good. Besides the atmospheres and occasional flashy graphics, the only thing that I liked was the AI wife idea. That was cool. The rest of the movie was absolute trash. The pacing was so slow I was getting bored almost constantly. The couple sitting next to me at the theater were full blown laid out in their recliner seats sleeping like they were in bed the entire time. I mean, this movie has an 89% rating on rotten tomates - can that shit even be trusted anymore? An 89%? Really?! Are paid shills voting that score? My God this movie was awful. Don't even get me started on the nightmarish sounds blaring nonstop. "WAAAARRRRPPPPPTTTTRRRR." Like how high on weed do you have to be to enjoy a piece of shit story like this???

I that case, I recommend you Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Yeah this movie was hella f*cking epic man, we really need some more threads to discuss everything about it!

>Boring
Stopped reading right there. Fuck off back to Capeshit

OP here. Capeshit disgusts me too dude. Possibly even more. It's no wonder Hollywood's numbers are in a downward slope

I didn't like Guardians 2 either, it was like watching fireworks, a visual spectacle - sure. But the storytelling, oh my God where is the quality thrill?! It's so Hollywood cookie cutter. Although Guardians was much better than Blade Runner for the record, it did have some cool scenes. I thought Valerian and the City of 1000 Boners was better than both tho desu.

Seriously tho, are new Rotten Tomato scores trustworthy these days?

bump

But he didn't like it
If you saw the top 2017 thread or most lists on lb/imdb they have have guardians with this reddit flick

Hollywood is gonna lose their power, they don't know what's really good. They're gonna be in trouble soon, give it a decade and they're gonna be in deep shit unless they sort things out drastically.

shit bait and shit taste, stick to marvelflix babe

I thought it was going to be good going in, the original's themes were very subtle and its plot, while simple, allowed for those themes to be explored fully without shoving it in your face. Here they out right state the concepts and ideas they are referencing removing any subtlety or ingenuity to them, and also not allowing the audience to think about them at all. They also attempted to increase the scale and scope of the plot, but also failed to effectively infuse the themes into that plot. They COULD have but there was a very clear disconnect between the thematic scenes and the exposition/plot scenes which removes the connection.

I've said it before, there's a great movie in here but you'd need to edit this movie a lot to get it out. It reeks of the studio dumbing it down for audiences much like the original blade runner

I was dreading this going into it, and I thought it was going to be as bad as Dark Tower. "Oh new Blade Runner teams up with surrogate father from the original film to do lots of highly choreographed overly CG'd action set pieces".

I actually loved it. It's a better GITS than the most recent GITS, and it's the only thing to really progress cyberpunk since the animated GITS.
I didn't see the plot twist coming, and the scene on the bridge with the interactive giant hologram was a real personal gut punch for me.

Not better than the original Blade Runner, but then the original Blade Runner is the closest thing I've ever seen to a perfect film. If it was as good as the original I'd be looking for an exit to the simulation I'd obviously been placed in.

Also that Spike Spiegal ending.

>Autism Runner

>1h45m of autistic androids
>Harrison Ford doesn't appear till the last 45 minutes.
>Harrison Ford spends most of his screentime handcuffed and underwater

i wish it had been as good as avengers 2 or civil war, i loved those films :) oh well :s that's too bad

I said I dont like capeshit either

>Harrison Ford spends most of his screentime handcuffed and underwater

You're not fooling anybody kiddo :^)

sorry it wasnt as kino as batman v superman you brainlet

What did you think of The Woman Who Left?

I just saw the first movie but I was kind of disappointed honestly. Keep in mind I only saw the final cut, I don't know if there's another better version.

Why does Deckard act like a macho cop and then turn into a complete pussy whenever a fight starts? He's moaning and doing that weird gasping thing with his mouth or closing his eyes, it's awful to look at.

That "enhance" scene was total garbage. I thought it was a parody of TV forensics shows, did they even have those in the 80s?

I actually liked the Deckard and Rachel relationship more than I thought but it was underdeveloped.

I don't know who Gaff is. Why does he matter in this movie, he has two lines? I don't consider him as having any effect on this story.

The whole "Deckard is a replicant" theory is very understated. I choose to believe he's just a human but it doesn't really come across as hamfisted, maybe because the suggestion is so obtuse.

The soundtrack does not exist. I was expecting something great or catchy that you could listen to outside the film but I got nothing. Are you people referring to a separate CD when you refer to the soundtrack?

Also overall the movie was not as thoughtful as people make it out to be. All these impressive themes are things you say in an interview but they aren't addressed meaningfully in the film. It quite literally introduces them and stops there because it has nothing to say.

I'm sorry if I come across as an idiot or crass but my hopes were kind of dashed so I might be a little intentionally rude. Anyone want to discuss with me or lecture me because as it is I can see why this movie was a failure at the time. I'm surprised it's even a cult classic to be honest.

>The pacing was so slow I was getting bored almost constantly.

When you typed this didn't you think to yourself at least for a second "Am I just dumb and don't know anything about movies?"

batman v superman sucks too. Hollywood sucks, that is my main point

When K took the item out of the piano, it took so fucking long. That should have been a 3 second shot ... let's go to the next event, go go go. What a slow boring fucking movie. 2 hours and 43 minutes completely unwarranted. BAD MOVIE.

Lol I agree, I thought Blade Runner 1 was a heaping pile of shit too. Boring boring boring. Not to mention ugly to look at and just very uninteresting. The best part about Blade Runner is that the title "Blade Runner" sounds cool.

I feel like you're baiting but I'm not trying to though I agree the title sounds cool. I did think it was pretty to look at and I understand it was a noir type film which might make it seem boring when it's really just slow paced. It's just that I was really expecting something better but I didn't get it.

>It's just that I was really expecting something better but I didn't get it.

777 trips speak the truth. /thread

Where the screener at