H
T
S

user why you have to hurt me?

You didn't use the meme right

The thing I'm wondering is

Say Marvel DOES get the rights to Fantastic Four and X-men back

what then?

They've damaged their universe so badly with these blockading efforts, it feels impossible to restore things back to normal short of another OMD.

>Use it at least once every few years or risk losing the license, that's what happened with Champions

So what's the next batch of Marvel Legends?

Fantastic Four is likely, given the fact that Marvel gave up the Xmen TV right for something, and those rights are HUGE.

X-men is literally impossible, the movies still sell tickets like crazy

Or perhaps i used it as god intended.

Not really?
All they need to do is write good comics again.

you talking the comics or the movies?

I don't see how the comics would be all that hard to deal with.

The F4 can fit into the MCU easily enough. The X-Men not so much. nor are they needed anyway. they bring nothing to the table as far as I'm concerned.

Make 616 from OMD to today a dying dream Doctor Strange grants Aunt May during Peters quest, showing a world where her nephew becomes a successful billionaire beacon of hope even amidst a shit world, then make the actual 616 into Renew Your Vows with some of the good stuff introduced after Civil War thrown in (like Kamala and Robbie)

I expect the fall of Infamous Iron Doom to be the rise of the First Family.

>The F4 can fit into the MCU easily enough.

I don't see how, their presence would feel incredibly arbitrary and very "so where were they before?", at least Reed would be.

If that Marvel rumor guy was anything to go buy (probably not), theyre no closer to getting F4 back

P E R I O D
I
E
C
E

They had to have gotten SOMETHING for the Xmen tv rights, those are huge. Maybe at the very least Silver Surfer and Galactus?

the next ones coming out are the GotG Vol.2. everything after that is kind of vague. Theres the Spider-Man Homecoming Wave which some are known others are just speculated. Still no Idea what wave Sue Storm is going to be in but my guess is like a Walgreens exclusive or something.

Its not, a lot of the smaller details were bullshit he ddnt bother to research.

You do know theyre explorers right? Just say theyve been in deep space or in another dimension. Or perhaps when the shuttle gets hit by cosmic rays, it flings them into the future and the F4 crew was thought dead for years

>new FF MLs

I'm disappointed that GOTG vol 2 uses Angela and not Mantis.

Uh, did you forget the bombshell that HANK PYM has existed in the MCU forever and we didn't find out until Ant Man? Marvel has no problems pulling that shit

unfortunately the easiest answer would probably be using Ultimate F4 instead of Classic.

Personally I'd just have it be something like "Reed is sort of ostracized by the scientific community for his crazy ideas and theories. Then he gets some backing on the cosmic rays thing after Infinity War" and boom, Classic Fantastic. And Doom was just chilling in Latveria plotting and planning. But he is in no way responsible to backing Richards cosmic Rays thing. no more bullshit "Doom has powers he got from the cosmic rays that made the F4". Its Tech and Magic shouldn't be that hard at this point in the MCU to have Doom not be garbage in a movie.

>Ultimate Fantastic Four
Except they did that in Tranks train wreck, and I highly doubt anyone wants to be compared to that

You know wht MCU desperately needs? Villians. Who's the best Marvel villian? Doom. DOOM SOLO MOVIE WHEN?

If you believe the guy who claimed to work at Marvel Studios, Marvel got back cosmic-related characters that weren't Silver Surfer and Galactus or the Shiar. Supposedly.

Which ones?

He isn't, when asked if he had any plans for Ulysses, Bendis said that he has no cosmic books where he could fit coming up so he's in the hands of other writers.

There are like 3 GOTG waves this year, I guarantee we'll see at least one Mantis

Kang the Conqueror showed up in Season 3 of Avengers Assemble too.

Well we know Gunn had to negotiate for Ego.

This is probably the best thread to ask. Who has the rights to Abe Jenkins? Currently going by Mach-X?
Before he joined the Thunderbolts, he was the Beetle, a Spider-Man villain, so you would think that he would be at Sony. But then you stop and realize that he actually debuted in Strange Tales, as an enemy of the Human Torch. There is a very real possibility that FOX has the rights to him. We might have another Rama-Tut situation here.

Yeah, and what Fox got in return was the allowance of completely altering Negasonic Teenage Warhead to practically be a different character. So I figure there were probably some other characters that they got for allowing Fox to go ahead with a TV show. Maybe the Badoon?

Hard to say. I mean Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch debuted in X-Men but they're mainly thought of as Avengers than X-Men characters so then there was the shared rights thing.

Rama-Tut's situation is that Kang outright said he was Rama-Tut when he was introduced in Avengers, and his identity is connected with Reed Richards.

Black Panther and Inhumans were created in Fantastic Four but they're obviously not part of the FF rights. But Kingpin is primarily associated with Daredevil but was initially part of Sony's Spider-Man rights. Fox had to ask permission to use him, Sony accepted.

OG Thunderbolts are tied into Thunderbolts rights according with Busiek. Can't find the sauce now, but was one of the threads in the old CBR forums.

But the Spider-Man and FF contracts were made years before the Thunderbolts even existed.

>spoiler
o u

Who has the rights to Arcade?
Everyone considers him an X-Men villain, but he debuted in a Marvel Team-Up story starring Spider-Man and Captain Britain. And Marvel Team-Up was pretty much a Spider-Man book in all but name.

probably be the lame movie one that doesn't have green skin.

Remember that Fox initially thought they had all the X-Men rights when they sued Marvel over Mutant X, but the court case found that they (at the time) only had the rights to some X-Men and a few characters. After that renegotiations had to be done that allowed Fox access to nearly all mutant characters.

It's possible that Fantastic Four and Spider-Man contracts at that time only had access to a certain number of characters and concepts, and not all of them. After all Black Panther and the Inhumans weren't included with the FF contracts. And Marvel owns the Savage Land and not Fox.

>After all Black Panther and the Inhumans weren't included with the FF contracts. And Marvel owns the Savage Land and not Fox.
That's because Marvel purposefully singled them out as not being part of the rights package because they wanted to license them separately.

The other thing to remember is that they may want to shop multiple properties around Hollywood. Like for instance, they might think Black Panther should headline his own movie, so they leave him out of the Fantastic Four rights. With Spider-Man you could just get the rights to the Ditko-created villains and still have enough villains and concepts to last you for more than 10 movies (Chameleon, Vulture, Ock, Sandman, Electro, Green Goblin, etc), and get even moreso when you add Romita-era villains (Rhino, Shocker) and even more when you add the other Goblin variants and Venom, Carnage, and assorted symbiote characters.

FF is primarily dealing with far out things so including the Beetle would seem very low-key and unnecessary. If you had to choose between using Doom, Super Skrull, Galactus, or the Beetle, which would you choose?

So Beetle would be an extremely low priority. You could bundle him with a character who doesn't have many villains, like Iron Man.

marvel has full animation rights. They've been able to use FF and x-men in animation for..... forever.

spider-man was actually the one tied up with sony for a while. Its why spider-man and no spidey villains appear in super hero squad.

>marvel has full animation rights. They've been able to use FF and x-men in animation for..... forever.
Yeah, but recently the X-Men and FF have been under embargo in all media, be it cartoons or games.

>Remember that Fox initially thought they had all the X-Men rights when they sued Marvel over Mutant X, but the court case found that they (at the time) only had the rights to some X-Men and a few characters. After that renegotiations had to be done that allowed Fox access to nearly all mutant characters.
I still don't get how they have the rights to Viper.

Marvel didn't give up X-Men TV rights, they sharing with Fox.

From what year to what year? Cause I call bullshit on that

Ben will turn gay.

I really doubt they traded F4 back for just x-men tv shows

From 2015 onwards. It's not bullshit, not a single Marvel game made since then (with the exception of Lego Marvel Avengers including Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch because they had to) has had any X-Men or FF characters.
Just look at Marvel Future Fight's roster. Why do you think people are so afraid of no X-Men being in MvCI?

Perlmutter's dead?

FF? Since at least 2014. And there'd been reports of licensors being told to put any production on X-Men stuff on hold.

And then there were the Secret Wars t-shirts that erased any X-Men or FF characters from the shirt.

That being said, late last year they started to ease up and you started seeing Marvel Legends do an X-Men themed subset and Funko doing X-Men products. And of course the Sue Storm figure was announced at SDCC.

No, but he was caught on camera, he's losing his edge and his power, becoming weaker.

Okay, so, will they sell a version of her "using her powers" made of either transparent plastic, or just the same inner box but with no toy actually there?

Wrong.

Ben Grimm will become Benjamina Grimm, the first trans-rockmonster character in comic book history* because:

>LOOK AT ME
>I'M BRIAN M. BENDIS
>(The M stands for Michael not Motherfucker ha ha)
>AND I'M CONSIDERABLY MORE PROGRESSIVE AND TOLERANT THAN YOU
>And if you don't like it you alt-right neo nazi scum can fuck off hashtag notmuhprezident.
>I don't care DC had a transexual clay monster one time thats totally different from our Benjamina.

POST PIC!

Games 2015 onwards is all of two games. You're basing this off.....two......games. One Which was based on the MCU.... so, why would include fox character. Still 2 games? We ggot an x-men marvel legends series last year, another this year. We're getting X-men Munchkin.

Funny you didn't say cartoons again, cause you know you're wrong on that too, right?

Not Ben. Never Ben. He's been fucked over by every writer in the past few decades. Hickman and Ellis never wrote him well outside of pranks with Johnny or 'muh face'. Worse when they disregard him being a pilot and make him an idiot.

He's Spider-Man without the guilt. He's a good guy who life never stops shitting on and he doesn't just keep moving through it. Fucker falls down and struggles, but gets up when the family needs him.

I guess? The Spidey comic from last year added in a brief appearance of the Fantastic Four and Avengers fighting Galactus but no sign of the X-Men.

And Spidey looked like it was tailored for the MCU/Spider-Man Homecoming Audience.

>Funny you didn't say cartoons again, cause you know you're wrong on that too, right?
Am I? Are there any Fox characters in Avengers Assemble Season 3, USM Season 4 or in GotG?

Or for that matter, where is the X-Men cartoon?

Lego Marvel's Avengers, Marvel Future Fight, Avengers Academy, Marvel Avengers Alliance 2 and Marvel Tsum Tsum. That's more than just 2 games.
Oh, and Marvel Contest of Champions started in 2014, so it has mutants since it came before the X-Men embargo, but it has no FF because by then the FF embargo had already started.

You said 2015 on, Thing was in Agents of Smash finale in 2015.

I said 2015 onwards for games. For cartoons it took a little longer to take effect because they take so long to produce and make. Fact remains, no FF or X-Men characters have shown up in cartoons recently.

One thing that just came to mind, how many X-Men characters showed up in Ultimate Spider-Man? The only characters I can remember are Wolverine, Deadpool, and Mesmero.

Juggernaut showed up too.
But those were all in the early seasons.

>He's a good guy who life never stops shitting on and he doesn't just keep moving through it.
>at one point, Medusa, Tigra, Thundra, and Alica all wanted his rocky cock.
Ben's whole woe is me shtick gets a little hard to believe around issue 200. His life isn't really that hard.

Oh, so the argument changes when you're proven wrong. Got it.

Can't you just admit you're talking out your ass? What are you going to say when x-men and/or FF characters are in the new MvC game? Or in Season 4 of Avengers Assembled? That the Embargo lasts for a few months at a time?

They're just not using the characters as much, tweet marvel, post on their FB. Being proven wrong on Sup Forums isn't making them show up in games and cartoons more.

>What are you going to say when x-men and/or FF characters are in the new MvC game?
I would be very happy.

>That the Embargo lasts for a few months at a time?
It would probably mean that the embargo is finally over.

>They're just not using the characters as much
As in, not at all.

>Who's the best Marvel villian? Doom.
Am I suddenly in the late 80's again? Doom hasn't been good, since the early 90's. Nowadays Doom's just so annoying loud villain sue who's just unbeatable and above it all. The only times he's good, is when they just rehashed shit from the 60's and 70's.

And she comes with the totally worth it replacement for Human Torch too!

Herbie was just the best replacement anyone could ever ask for when dropping Human Torch.

When they add a token gay to FF it will be Franklin.

>It would probably mean that the embargo is finally over.

So if they don't appear in specific things you care about it's an embargo? Shows you don't watch, things you don't collect and anything you don't pay attention to isn't a factor?

Here's him with Trump
He doesn't look happy

Easy, just
>kill Reed off and replace him with a super smart black girl.
>Then make Human torch gay and place him in a relationship with Iceman.
>Retcon everything about Thing being Jewish to being a Palestinian that was brought to the US as a child when his parents had to flee the terrible occupation of their home country
>Make sue the smartest, most powerful, best strong willed feminist member of the team that constantly spouts sjw sayings all the time and fights the patriarchy.

Then occasionally have Human Torch leave from time to time and have him replaced with Toro who is inexplicably a teen again without explanation and is much more Mexican than he has ever appeared to be in history, for some adventures and you got a working Bendis FF.

Some of my favorite fan theories have been the FF were a science team from the mid 60's that disappeared into deep space and only just now returned. Strangely having only aged a couple years but with loads of knowledge of the greater universe as a whole. And this is why they have a building full of scifi gear, it;s all things they built and collected over the last 50 years.

Steve Jackson Games and USAopoly have been doing Marvel products for years, their contract predates the X-Men embargo, just like the Contest of Champions game.

Trump looks upset. Perlmutter looks like he was expecting the camera man to arrive. And we'll likely never see the camera man ever again.

Does seem like FF have most of the big time villains in their camp.

Doom. Galactus, his heralds, Skrulls, Namor, Annihilus, Klaw, Kang, Molecule Man, Thinker,

So..... it's only an embargo on what then? Where X-men and FF characters not allowed to appear?

Perlmutter looks like an Italian mob boss.

Trump is going to call his bestie Putin to hire someone to finish the job.

Secret Wars shirts omitted FF and X-Men characters
Upper Deck had to keep the FF booster pack for their Marvel Legendary game out of print (so now fans are paying $100+ for it)
Spider-Man Unlimited game included the Bag-Man costume but in 2015 they were forced to edit the cards/costume to remove the FF logo.

And other examples I can't remember right now. The user you responded to might have others.

but if they're appearing in other things, how is that an embargo? Isn't it just reduced presence?

Fucking monkey paw...

Like pointed out there are various deals already in place. It's as much of an embargo as they can legally enforce.

Oh boy I hope they release the whole team, they could really use updating

the basic jumpsuit look goes well with the simple body+decals too

For anyone wondering wtf dickheads are talking about

>Perlmutter comes from the toys business
>merchandise is extremely important to him
>X-Men and Fantastic Four movie rights -and- movie merchandise rights are stuck at FOX
>It becomes clear FOX has no intention on parting with these rights

>For movie synergy, Perlmutter mandates a reduction on X-Men and FF. Since the X-Men are so huge, it's not quite as noticeable with them but you can see the FF fading

The next important thing is this
>"In August 2015, Marvel Studios was integrated into Walt Disney Studios, with Feige reporting directly to Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn instead of Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac Perlmutter."

>Perlmutter's branch of Marvel, Marvel Entertainment, no longer has anything to do with the movies. They can do merchandise sure, but gain no profit from the films themselves.
>the idea of movie synergy is broken
>There is no longer a reason to keep the two IP's down
>The mandate is ended. RessurXtion is announced, return of Fantastic Four is announced

Dr. Doom and Mezmero were in USM.

Fox only has Movie rights. I believe they have been trying to get the rights for TV with X-men and the hang there was Marvel wanted FF and All its Trappings (Skrulls Galactus etc) Back as well.

Marvel Puzzle Quest and Contest of Champions both pre-date 2015, I think, that's why they are the exceptions.

The extra-dimensional being Perlmutter will need a new host body very soon.

FOX owns the live-action rights, tv and movie, always has.

Marvel puts their name on it for the same reason Marvel's name is on the movies, going way back to 2000.

It's bullshit.

The FF don't sell well (same reason their comic was cancelled, after repeated attempts to fix the sales figures - same thing happened to Ultimate too, but you don't see people bitching about movie rights for obvious reasons). The X-Men don't sell as well as they used to - have no cartoon, FOX isn't interested in licensing the movie versions for merch for whatever reason, possibly because the movies never sold well, they didn't bother getting likeness rights from JLaw, and they don't feel it would be profitable to get them last-second and rush something into production.

X-Men comics have reduced in number because Deadpool is more popular (and ostensibly connected to the X-Men, so his half-dozen comics take over their slots), because Marvel is pushing the Inhumans - which these chumps see as a conspiracy - and because Marvel now has the Star Wars license.

Star Wars is insanely popular. Two years running it's been the biggest shit in the world, movie wise. Even the comics are selling well - something that never happened when Dark Horse had the license - and it's going bretty gud for Marvel as a result. So the half-dozen Star Wars titles they have replace low-selling X-Men-reserved slots on the publishing schedule - otherwise Marvel would have to increase its number of books sold every month from an insane (but DC-equivalent) 80-ish titles. Call it 80, call it 6 SW titles - that's a 7.5% bump in editorial costs. Not worth it when you can spend the same amount and - because you're dropping low-sellers that don't turn a profit - make more.

In a sense that is related to the movies - it's FOX's fault for not making movies people want to watch.

FOX has had the tv rights since the 1990s. They've even used them before, twice.

The first time to make a shitty tv movie called Generation X that was supposed to be a pilot for an X-Men show; the second time to sue Marvel over a show it had been involved in called "Mutant X". The case was settled after FOX discovered it didn't, in fact, own the rights to several characters it had already used in the movies it was making, and couldn't therefore claim infringement over their likeness in the Mutant X show, which was the basis of the case.

Since FOX continued making movies and using those characters subsequent to the settlement, it's likely that they now possess the rights in full as they originally believed they had.

However, if FOX hadn't owned the tv rights in the first place, they couldn't have sued over an X-Men-like tv show being made by Marvel, who would logically be the owners of the tv rights in that case: the fact of FOX's non-ownership of the tv rights would have been quickly discovered and the case thrown out.

tl;dr do your research

>It's bullshit

Yeah, ignore the awkwardly edited t-shirts and posters, guys! The embargo was totally bullshit!

The Inhumans... oh, wait.

No, Fox has movie and TV rights. But the catch is they need Marvel's approval to go ahead with a TV show.

Hey Rich paid off the IRS that money you owe yet?

No?

Well then I guess just keep manufacturing clickbait like a cunt then.