Overrated horror flicks

What are some of the most overrated horror flicks
pic related

Overrated as horror, but an actual movie unlike almost anything around it.

The Ring, Noroi, Grudge; All absolute dog shit and utterly unentertaining. None of you piss-colored monkeys know how to do horror.

Maybe I'm missing something but what about it was so great and unlike anything else?
The first hour felt fairly boring, and really could have been condensed
the last 20 minutes is what I wanted to see, or rather just more interesting shit in general not doctors running tests

I think they did a pretty good job with the pacing. It's not like they could just jump right into the third act without some tension building.

>born in the 2000's
lel, disgusting numale.

Read about the production some time, they used a lot of unique special effects like subliminal imagery.

There's a lot in the first hour. The foreshadowing of the demon at the very beginning in Iraq, Father Karras' relationship with his mother and how that feeds into his religious doubts, Regan and her mother's life together and how that slowly becomes disrupted. The sense of hopelessness of exhausting every medical answer wouldn't exist if you condensed he first hour.

Movies before 2001-2010 were made for audiences that weren't exposed so much to the internet so that their attention was very focused when watching a movie even if it was not very fast paced. By this point, 80% of you have stopped reading.

"Scarriest movie man"

"Can't beat the original"

Not even a particularly good movie

I liked it but is it even talked about that much to be considered overrated?

Is it really scary? I got more scared from fucking Conjuring 2.

The Conjuring series

This. It's not even a contest. Even calling it horror is a stretch.

I'm able to sit through and watch movies, slow or not, doesn't mean it can't have issues

I Noticed some of those while watching, a Pazuzu face in the dark in one scene gave me a frighten

I might be a little unfair but I'm only asking if we could have had a shorter build-up

no

crossposters !

Nice b8

I recently watched the VVitch and it was awfully boring. Half of the dialogue was whispering and in terrible old english. Nothing spooky happened too.