This isn't an edit. This is actually from Tom King's Twitter

This isn't an edit. This is actually from Tom King's Twitter. twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/817441356360613890

Which leads me to ask, what happened with King's Batman? Both Vision and Omega Men where among the greatest comics of their respective years. Grayson was also a pretty great series.

Then there's his Batman, which reads like the interpretation of Batman by someone who's only seen a few episodes of the 90s animated series. The characters all act so out of character and the storylines are uninteresting. What happened.

Someone who's only seen a few eps of the animated series is EXACTLY who should be writing it. That or Morrison again.

He got popular.
Happened to Snyder.

>King makes a joke on Twitter
>OMGOMGOMG KING SAYS HE'S A HACK!
>BATMAN IS SHIT CONFIRMED!
Chill out, man.

Which is funny, because (to me) it seems like he's tauting Damifag

>King experiences PTSD from its time in Iraq
>NOW I'VE LOST IT
>I KNOW I CAN KILL

*GUITAR RIFF*

>guy writes one good thing (Omega Men)
>is hailed by """Sup Forums""" as the next great writer
>turns out Omega Men is a fluke
>""""""Sup Forums"""""" gets into full damage control convincing each other that he's good

Member Lemire? Member Soule? Do these situations seem alike? Where are they now?

>Member Lemire?
Yeah.

>Member Soule?
Yeah.

>Do these situations seem alike?
Not really.

>Where are they now?
Lemire and Soule are at Marvel writing garbage while King is at DC writing a pretty good Batman series.

>actually answering a rhetorical question

I think leaving Win-O' was a mistake.

>ignoring Vision and Sheriff of Babylon

Dubs confirm hack status

Looks like for you, breathing air is a mistake.

Alright, buddy. Have fun fellating yourself.

Vision and Sheriff of Babylon are great, if not better than Omega Men.

Lemire is writing Moon Knight and Old Man Logan from Marvel which are both really good and his indie stuff is still fucking great.

Soule's stuff on Marvel is shit, I'll give you that.

Lemire is still good desu

Souless has always been a hack and I never understood Sup Forums's hardon for him.

I'm actually enjoying Lemire's Moon Knight.

>Be King
>Blast Linkin Park
>Crawlllllling in my skin
>Trigger PTSD
>Make characters suffer for 12 issues
>VoilĂ , Comic of the year

>be Anonymous
>blast Smash Mouth
>SOME
>have a good laugh
>shitpost in Sup Forums
>voilĂ , guaranteed replies

I agree with you on Lemire. His team books thought are... awful.

Wow thats weird because i already considered tom king to be a great writer from Grayson and his vertigo stories before omega men came out

I guess i made that up though!!

Comfyfags are cancer.

Snyder>King
Muh Horses and Jokerboner>Muh PTSD and unearned emotional beats

It's not that his lauded works are flukes, it's that they aren't that great in the first place. It's hard to parse out whether that's due to the drought of quality superhero comics or our culture at large's inability to think critically when faced with something they've been told is smart.

Oh it's you again. Hello user, how was Christmas?

>our culture at large's inability to think critically when faced with something they've been told is smart
I think thats a big part. Always has been and most likely always will be,

Tom King has always played fast and loose with canon characterization but he has always made up for it with well-structured stories. The decompression on his Batman run kills his strengths as a writer. His off-characterization becomes more blatant and his dialogue, which usually sounds meaningful in short bursts, when stretched out is simply bad. All the padding is probably because of the biweekly schedule but that shouldn't be an excuse. He or his editor needs to stop slacking and tighten up the scripts.

Yes. Omega Men is good for example, but I wouldn't lose my shit over it. I agree with you that people are so desperate to latch onto something that's not written to be retweeted on twitter or make headlines on some news sites. I don't think there's been a single amazing comic book released this century.

>MUH FIRST BATMAN Snyderfags still salty someone else is writing the character.
Talent rotates on books. Get over it. Snyder Batman has always sucked and All-Star is terrible.

Fuck off.

I am by no means calling Snyder's Batman the best. I'm just calling it better than King's (so far).

I agree on Snyder's run. I felt it started out fun and alright, then fell victim to MUH JOKER MUH BIGGER AND BADDER THAN BEFOREAll-star is not good, despite the praise. I do not understand anyone who claims JRJRs art is "good"

Pretty great, but I heard your lord and savior turned Batman into a cutter.

Lemire's non big three and non Valiant work is still good.

>big three
lol

Give me your example of an amazing comic.

Image is the third best according to sales, no matter what you think.

It's still nowhere near DC and Marvel to be considered an equal to them.

>OP doesnt understand sarcasm

Stay autistic

This user knows what he's talking about.

has anyone considered that maybe batman is just played the fuck out? like moreso than damn near any other character?

Epic!! Upkek my fellow channer!

>King makes a joke.
>This isn't an edit.
Okay.

No, that's stupid.

Vision is not that good, user.

ok so hit me with your best ideas for original batman stories

>his indie stuff is still fucking great.
Descender has been good. Plutona, on the other hand, made me want to punch him in the dick. Hard. Repeatedly.

True. Black hammer is also really good. Check it out if you haven't.

Can't agree with the other user on OML, after 2 issues I just wanted to punch him in the dick. Hard. Repeatedly.

Morrison reinvented Batman from a street level Detective to his silver age adventure and action guy. I don't think there's any limit with what you can do with a character.

*tips fedora*

most writers aren't Morrison though

and while I agree there is no hard limit on the character in general there is a limit on what is palatable to the casual audience and thus a limit on what can support a proper ongoing

I'm just saying after seventy five years of of consistently popular material it should be expected that most batman runs fall on the mediocre side anymore

>Can't agree with the other user on OML
I can't stand the photoshopped art the main artist does (unpopular opinion, lots of folks loved him on Green Arrow); but I liked the 2 issues they did with Howling Commandos.

I've enjoyed Black Hammer with the exception of Gay Martian Man-hunter which was more than a little forced (and more than a little moronic: shape-shifters are pretty much the definition of genderfluid); although I worry if it will actually go anywhere (I dropped Moon Knight after 8 or so issues because no matter how awesome the art was I got bored with having no fucking idea what was actually going on and, after Plutona and Sweet Tooth I don't trust him not to pull a Snyder and just ass-pull an ending.)

Also: his Hawkeye was AMAZINGLY awful. He had Clint turn over some mutant kids to fucking HYDRA (I had to go back and reread the page twice to be sure the colorist hadn't fucked up and made the SHIELD guys green by mistake) and then he realizes he fucked up and gets Kate to set them free again ... 20 years later. DA FUQ??

Bruce Wayne runs for President.

They were Akira kids that they didn't have the ability to control.

>writing garbage
Fuck you, man. Moon Knight is solid.
Soule was never good, though.

I like Soule's She-Hulk, it's too bad he was paired with an artist that did not complement what he was doing at all.

Soule's Swamp-Thing was fucking amazing though. It's probably the only thing he's done that I can say is that good.

Kill yourself.

damn, you got me

He's writing a 60 year old Batman in the body of a 20/30 year old Batman

>I don't think there's any limit with what you can do with a character.
But there is a limit to at what the editorial will allow you to do with said character.

>tfw DC will never greenlight my Rapist Batman pitch

Well, given his Batman scripts, I would think so too if I was him.