DC Comics Artists

Why does DC Comics keep giving work to artists that should clearly be done alredy?

I'm talking Ivan Reis, Dan Jurgens, Ethan Van Sciver, Doug Mahnke, Gary Frank, David Finch, Jim Lee. They just feel old. They did and occasionally they still do some pretty solid works, but most of the time is just ugly and hardly readable (see: Superman #14).

The colours and inks don't help them either. It all feels so dated...

I think they should make them do covers and shit, but in an ongoing they're just bland.

pic related

Compared to a lot of talent that Marvel pushes, I still much prefer these guys.

I agree somewhat, though. I'm a huge Reis fan, and all the work I've seen him featured in this past year has been a bit irking. I wonder if it's genuinely a drop in quality or some new shift in DC's inner-workings and schedulings (Rebirth).

Have you any artists in mind that should be the new generation?

>OP wants to be bitchslapped by this "old" man

I'm thinking Gleason, ACO, Albuquerque, Manapul, Mitch Gerads, Kollins.

(especially ACO, daddy loves you)

Hell, I'm not even talking about actual age, I'm discussing the way they draw. Way too-- 90s, if you ask me.

>Gleason, ACO, Albuquerque, Manapul, Mitch Gerads, Kollins.
Then read Image and leave DC alone. I like those artists too though

I'm very passionate about DC characters.
But I also read Image quite a lot. What's your point m8?

so that's where the face comes from

>artists who are older than me? They stink!

It's not that hard being older than me desu. So no, not really.
But nice try!

>realistic = grimderp
I remember this meme.

>i'm against a buzzword that wasn't even said

But it was implied, son.

>Mahnke
>Reis
>Frank
>90s

Aco is Marvel now.

Pic related is David Finch, who's always been shit.

I know

That's also true

Then read Marvel.

I read Marvel. I just prefer DC.

You be careful nigga, I'm a karateka.

>I read Marvel

I don't think this looks bad. I've seen far worse. I hate when they change artist mid issue

Me too. Nu52 haters used it to defend those tumblr hacks that are working at Marvel now.

One of the boasts of Kingbats is the consistent art teams. King confirmed the next artists after I Am Bane is Fabok on the epilogue, then back to Janin for another arc.

gotta love that vision and ultimates m9

>ultimates
Double faggot.

It's not that bad what's so fundamentally broken about it?

I love DC but even I admit I haven't been impressed with any of their artists in terms of craft and storytelling. Save Maybe for Jorge Jiminez, Ivan Reis, and Juan Ferreyra.

I read Marvel mostly for Artists now.

>I read Marvel
>mostly for Artists
Fucking casuals.

Ivan Reis is not old and is very appreciated. You're either a shitposter or an ignorant child. It's time you understood that for cape comics, that style is the one that most people want to read.

EVS definitely needs to get his shit together. His covers and interiors lately have been getting pretty bad.

Aco does some cool layouts but his charterers are THE stiffest ever. He's one of the most obvious poser users in the business.

He blames non-Drumpf voters.

>He's one of the most obvious poser users in the business

There are much worse people than him. Deodato for one.

>OP was attacking based Mahnke and praising a Poserfag
is right.

>reading comics makes you a casual
Say what you will about it's writing, but Moon Knight has THE best art right now out of any Big Two comic. Reading a comic for the writer and artists is what you should do, unless your a characterfag who buys shit like Slott Spider-Man simply because "he's my favorite superhero!!!"

>Rosmo
>Manapul
>Tommy Lee Edwards
>Evely
>Schmidt

Rebirth in general; is very meh. But there's enough quality artist at Dc. And I'll take the likes of Reis, Fabok or Frank over whoever's drawing Hellcat, Squirrel Girl, Wasp or the likes of Ramos, Coipel or Marquez.

>Lumping Coipel with Ramos

Whoa there user

Smallwood has improved greatly, but Manapul is still better.

I'm not lumping him with Ramos, just saying that I'd take Reis over Coipel any day.

They all worked during the 90's tho.

Heh, "small wood".

>Reading a comic for the writer
Which you aren't.
>your
And it shows.

>if they worked during the 90s, they automatically suck

Yes. Fuck Duncan Fegredo, Jill Thompson, Sam Kieth, Chris Bachalo, Frank Quitely, Sean Phillips or Glyn Dillon.

That's not what I said. Shit reading comprehension there, broseph.

>most of the time is just ugly and hardly readable
> Way too-- 90s, if you ask me.

I'm not OP, dumdum, I'm just correcting you.

>I'm not OP
Prove it.

lol how

Use 4chanX if you don't believe me, although I don't see why I'd lie about that.

>Use 4chanX if you don't believe me
Don't you mean chrome magic?

No proof? Then poof.

Whatever, point is, spotting samefagging is pretty easy and lying about it is pointless.

Oh noes, Anonymous #88938238 in Sup Forums doesn't believe me! Whatever shall I do with my life now?!

Finch haters are memers. They """hate""" Finch because it's cool to do so. Finch is a solid artist.

I love that for the last few years DC's best consistent artist( as in can handle more than a oneshot or a mini) was Capullo, a guy they stole from Spawn

Just fuck off. Only people that are complaining about traditional artists are the hipsters who don't buy comics or talentless tumblr webcomic hacks.

No one will buy Batman if it's drawn by Erica Henderson.

>No one will buy Batman if it's drawn by Erica Henderson.
No one's asking for that though, learn to read before shitposting please.

Keep crying faggot. They aren't going anywhere.

>Ivan Reis
Isn't he best artist aside with Fabok?

Reis is the best traditional artist of the comic industry. But I wouldn't call him the best of DC.

>crying
Man, reading comprehension really is a though one for you to crack, ain't it?

He looks like Uncle Fester

Nothing to crack about. You are whiny hipster crybaby.

When in doubt, ad hominem, I guess.

Jesus, kid.

The delusion of most fans is that talent or ability has anything to do with getting hired. Monthly artists get jobs 95% based on being able to reach deadlines and having an in at the company.

Think of it like politicians. Being the best person for the job means nothing, the bosses being able to depend on you and having contacts is all that matters.

>Doug Mahnke, Gary Frank
Two of my favorite artists.
>Dan Jurgens
Does solid work and can stick to a monthly schedule. Good enough for me.

More like The Hills Have Eyes

Because they are the most popular artists of the past and can sell comics with their name alone. And they're still better than most of the young talent anyway. And DC has a lot of other great artists.

It's better than the alternative, not trying to start company wars, over at Marvel where they keep giving Deodoto, Land, and Ramos work.

Also, I'd take Reis, EVS, and Mahnke over most other artists any day of the week.