Is this commie bearded fella the best comic book writer of all times...

Is this commie bearded fella the best comic book writer of all times? It was the only one who actually managed to produce something worthwhile that is considered art in the normie mind.

If not, then who its is, Sup Forums? Who are your favorite writers and why? Are they really better than Alan Moore or is it something you tell yourself to sleep better at night?

I think I would put Mignolia above Moore personally, but he's still up there.

Yes he is

Moore was the right writer writing on the right subject at the right time.

He's undeniably good, but his works popularity owes a lot to coming out when the time was right and their was an appetite for something darker.

Personally, those at the top tier tend to be both writers and artists. Guys like Mignola, Herge, Miller, Etc. have an understanding of comics as a whole entity which allows them to get the best out of the medium.

He's not even the best British wizard comic writer

Okay did something happen with Moore/Watchmen? There's been more threads than usual lately

And it's always the same shit. " Is is really the greatest comic ever?"

If you can read Italian, Hugo Pratt easily is one of the very best.

That's not a wizard. That's a rich kid who's parents supported him while he was being in a 'band'. He then invented a history around himself being working class and crazy to get a flowing and then anytime he was an asshole claim it was drugs or the multiverse.

I'd say Mignola, or Oesterheld, or maybe Gaiman. Moore is an equal among them even if their styles are truly different. It's not a single canonic style that makes the best, but each of them is the best in the style they have developed.

Moore's an anarchist fyi

Johns and DC guys have tweeted more Watchmen in DC stuff coming up is all i got

Along with Morrison yes.

>I hate this town
But Moore loves Northampton; he wrote two novels about how special it is.

I prefer Franquin, Gotlib or Goscinny.
T_T

nah

That sounds pretty wizardly to me. Cunty, but wizardly.

Yes. Heavy competition comes from Neil Gaiman and Mike Carey

If Warren Ellis could sit the fuck down and focus, he's be competition as well. (Injection seems to me to be just a rehashing of Planetary...)

>it was the only one to actually manage to produce something worthwhile that is considered art in the normie mind

as far as normies go, yeah i guess.

mignola is good, and he's a great artist, but not above Moore

Personally, I still think Steve Gerber is slightly better than Moore. It is too bad the Howard the Duck lawsuit ended turning Gerber in a pariah in the industry for one decade and cost him more works in the comic book field.

moore is the karl marx of comics

his stuff is decent but his most well known piece of work is overrated as all hell and he's a bit of a grump

What is wrong about Warren Ellis?
Can you elaborate?

He never finishes anything.

Not really his fault though.

he has great ideas and then drops them quickly.

You don't even need to know Italian. Cong SA have even released new translations of Wheeling and The Scorpions of the Desert.

Yup, some of the best in the field.

I don't think there really is an absolute best comic book writer of all time. The genre is just too diverse. Plus it is a discredit to the numerous other greats out there. Don't think of Moore as the master, think of him as A master, one of many.

i don't think watchmen is overrated

and the communist manifesto will look like a mess to ANYONE who has never read marx before. that's like throwing someone in to the middle of the lord of the rings without any context

Miller, Moore, Millar, Milligan, DeMatteis

>alcoholism is a disease guys, I swear

Thorin made a video recently praising Moore as "the Shakespeare of comics"
If you don't know who Thorin is, he's a pretty big guy in the esports community