Penny Arcade

What are the best PA strips?

Starting off with one consistently named so.

Raped to death by dickwolves was good.

Don't have the pic, too lazy to find it.

PA Official Nerf Rules.
Also, Found Cake.

This one holds a place in my heart.

>bindingofisaac.jpg

It's funny that the "golden age" of PA keeps sliding back and back. The fact that people are posting strips from 2012 that people were shitting on back in 2012 and will shit on present strips as this thread goes on DELIGHTS me.

dickwolves was pretty good but it was also pretty much the last good comic they made.

personal favorites are generally the stuff from 04-07

post bald

haha I really like those 2016 comics.
Cant find a favorite haha

Why is this guy so angry? It's not like 40k was an original, innovative work. It's pretty much a rip-off of Dune, add in with some other works of certain fantasy novels and sci-fi films.

Penny Arcade has always been one golden strip for every two dozen mediocre ones. It's easier to cherry pick the good ones in hindsight

You already posted it.

the flat ones.

I gotchu

Probably my favorite.

I doubt that anyone will look back on the current era positively. It's... just so, so ugly.

He's talking about Warhammer Fantasy, blizzard was making a Warhammer Fantasy rts before they pulled the license, Blizz changed some stuff and called it warcraft

Before Games Workshop pulled the license*

/tg/ here

found cake

Literally nobody fucking cares about your autistic inside jokes.
All those posts, only this reply.

Anyone has the Judgement against Modding a computer one?

Those strips aren't meant for critics.

>found cake

You mean this?

This has been one of my favorites for a long time.

Who else finds that the slice-of-life/around the house comics are the best? Always funnier than the video game ones.

That was that guy who stole public funds for a gaming computer, right?

This is my personal favorite. You can hear all the dialogue in your head.

fuck you, I liked it.

Correct.

Maybe I'm still a kid but the juxtaposition of lawyer speak and white gangster speak just kills me.

The word "flat" is being repeated so much, it's losing all meaning.

WAIT A MINUTE
ARE ALL THE FLAT PICS JUST PARODIES OF PA
HOW HAVE I NEVER NOTICED THIS

See, I disagree. There is a span from about 2003 to 2009 where every single strip at least gets you to chuckle. That was when they were on their game. They were white hot.

Why do I love this one so much?

When I actually played that game I was disappointed that guy had no accent

>Long story short, I’m getting my chicken soup on, it’s Sunday afternoon, and Gabe’s reading some Preacher in the Den, which is also the living room, the bathroom, and the foyer. I am interacting with pasta dough in what I think is a stern way, when I hear him say that he might like the soup better if it were, in fact, carrot cake. It hits us, hits us both, simultaneously, like a semi made out of lightning which is also a professional boxer. Carrot Cake Soup. You cube the carrot cake, some pieces have frosting and some don’t, and you put a handful of these chunks into a bowl full of milk. So let’s go do it. We’ll do it later this week, he says. But I know that’s the same as not doing it. Why not now, I say? I know a store where we can get all the stuff. You can just buy it, the way you can buy stuff in the household cleaners section and make a bomb big enough to kill God. The stuff is just lying around there and nobody’s doing anything with it. It’s not a crime to buy them separately, and what we do at home isn’t any of their fucking business.

>I think someone might have been following us as we pulled into the parking lot, we walked toward the grocery store and tried to keep the conversation natural. We certainly didn’t discuss carrot cake or the soup one might make by cutting it into cubes and swimming islands of it in cold milk, pleasure islands, like you’d see in a magazine. At the bakery counter, a woman asks if she can help me, and I’m so nervous that as I’m pointing to the carrot cake behind the glass, my finger starts to tap in Morse Code that reads:

>I AM ABOUT TO COMMIT A CRIME AGAINST GOD AND MAN STOP

>And where is Gabe with that Goddamn milk? There he is, in the self-checkout. Idiot. There’s cameras all over that thing, it’s like a Goddamn surveillance tree. It doesn’t take a genius to put two and two together. A red light flashes on, and off in my mind. At another checkstand, I pay with untraceable cash, assuring the woman that I will eat the cake by myself, without assistance from cows. I smirk. This woman has no idea that she’s just sold me the trigger to a flavor gun. Carrot Cake Soup is like the taste of watching girls make out. It has an extraordinary power that oscillates between gentle and overwhelming, between light and dark, between pleasure and more pleasure. When it was over, I realized that I was panting. I was in possession of carnal knowledge. And I knew that, somehow, every taste beyond this point was in the service of the one that still lingered, waited, to remind me that nature has laws, and those that break them are criminals, and though they roam free enough the knowing will hold them, and keep them, until the last.

the guy's pose while saying sage makes it

I always loved Tycho's rants.
Usually just as good if not better than the stip that accompanies it.

I thought this was going to be a bald/ pig edit.

Why were you playing a math game?

I love strips like this one that remind the reader that the Tycho and Gabe characters are actually characters. Tycho is full of himself and can't even imagine that one of his ideas is terrible. Gabe has a one-track mind when it comes to art.

It's by no means a brilliant joke (or even a joke at all?) but it's really funny to me.

It's not just math, it's puzzles

And I played it because it looked charming and I haven't played a game like that before. I actually kinda want to play it again or play one of the later games

Is this one in response to that giraffe deep throating that fence post?

>you will never get that sanskrit bitch

yeah

when the comic was still good they were some of the better ones. Like I said earlier "Found Cake" is probably my favorite comic of theirs (with the layton one in a very close second). Nowadays they're just as bad as everything else.

I love the april fools day thing they did in like 2005 or something where they each did their own comics. Tycho's was some pretentious bullshit about punctuation and Gabe's was just various images of Tycho dying.