Writer of old Spider-man cartoon has written ending to cartoon

>writer of old Spider-man cartoon has written ending to cartoon
>created a preview of ending with original VAs

youtube.com/watch?v=xV9X-TV2h8s

>“Peter Finds Mary Jane” is a “lost” script that I’ve written which will tell the entire tale of exactly what happened after the end of our show.
>It will be a free giveaway to anybody who donates to the crowd-funding campaign of my new TV series “WAR OF THE ROCKETMEN” which will feature the entire voice cast of “Spider-Man: TAS.”

Legally how is he allowed to do this? He's using Spider-man to try and raise money for another project of his. How hasn't he been shut down?

And does anyone have this script?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WpRP-hA_LIA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I suppose since they're not paying for the Spider-Man stuff directly he can get away with it.

It's basically free fanfic that comes with another product.

I'm more curious about how they're going to do the Rocketmen thing if the funding was lower than expected.

I'll be honest I'm just kinda pissed that Weisman will never do this.

At least hint at what was going on with Emily Osborn damn it.

The name "Spider-Man" is not copyrighted, just the images of him.

>CDB will never voice Spider-Man, just alternate versions of him
>There will never be any type of media with Spider-Man as an adult

>There will never be a Spider-Girl series with CDB as Dad Peter

It could even be in the same continuity as Spider-Man TAS.

The way this video is phrased. He consulted with a lawyer, hasn't he?

I wish the 90s show could be remade, with the same plots, and same dialogue, just re-animated and un-censored.

I fucking wish.

Now I want some of the background music from the show

Bump of interest.

the music was so damn good
and peters voice was good, i don't give a fuck who says otherwise

he keeps saying "become a close personal friend" by giving him a "donation"

>>I don't know! I'm also spinning! My chair is out of Control!

Now this is a story all about how-

So fanimation to this when?

*ahem*

Man that suit is not good.

Who cares about the suit, it's the story that has to be not shit (and make sense).

And it's Insomniac, so the gameplay is bound to be above average.

God I would so be cool with Marvel doing a direct to dvd animation about Spider-Girl with DeFalco writing about it.

I mean they are all for female versions of male characters now and the don't use their best Spider lady.

I could also go for a Spider-Girl based game.

Not enough "Frog Face".

Didn't she not go to Limbo, but died because she got turned into a Hydro-person?

He posted a animatic video on the closed group made for donators. It's amazingly drawn just like the animation used on the cartoon. But there haven't been any updates since July.

Yeah, the name "Spider-Man" is actually trademarked.

>It's amazingly drawn just like the animation used on the cartoon.

So it only uses the same five frames of animation for every character?

Yes, of course he did. Would you want to get sued by Marvel - which is now owned by Disney, which itself has a cadre of lawyers willing to destroy anything and anyone just to defend The House of Mouse?

If they had I dunno, had Ultimate Spider-Man meeting up with Mayday (voiced by Laura Bailey or someone similar) and her dad (played by CDB) in Web Warriors, I would...not dislike it as much? That cartoon is godawful.

Something about this seems like it shouldn't be allowed. Not that I don't want them to succeed, but all the reward tiers being named after Spider-Man characters and the promise of Spider-Man related content that they're essentially selling can't be legal.

I heard that was Yuri Lowenthal.

I think he's getting a little old for it, his voice just doesn't sound the same as it used to.

Similarly, the Amazing Friends VA for Spidey voicing Miguel in Shattered Dimensions was terrible. He sounded like an old man.

No shit user, the guy was already 60 at the time.

Am I the only one who finds really suspicious how much older Peter looks like Doctor Strange?

its interchangeable the white is just to stick out and make spidey more noticeable since the city will be so "dense"

kek

>Tfw im acurately visualising how the entire episode would play out,
>even with the animation loops
my parents where right, i did watch this show too much

He's also writing the new ongoing for Cyborg

Was it John Semper (think that was his name) I have so much to thank him for. Reading all the bullshit he had to put up with from Fox to keep the cartoons going. The man ran a spider man cartoon for 5 years with no punching, no guns and PLASMA and it was actually still pretty good. Better as a kid of course but still .

I actually got a hard-on listening to this.

>youtube.com/watch?v=WpRP-hA_LIA
The 90s were a blessing

Is it wrong that I'm a little more interested in War of the Rocketmen than the TAS finale?

We could always use more original IPs and action cartoons.

>dense
very funny, its just cause insomniac has shitty concept designers when it comes to non ratchet and clank characters

He also kept putting his name in credits so other writers will get less money. Fuck him.