Injustice 2

We have a release date, boys.

twitter.com/noobde/status/817487071438848000

Oh shit yes.

Still waiting for more reveals... Other than that? Nice.

>A ton of characters
>Didnt reveal anything since august
Is this a sign for a small roste

I understood that as him LOLing at the guy saying there were a lot of reveals.

Wait, how many characters had been revealed before the first game came out?

At this point I don't care if Ivy's in the game or not, JUST REVEAL SOME FUCKING CHARACTERS, DAMN

There's a 16th month now?

Dunno but I remember NRS using some sort of popularity contest-tournament for reveal of characters

when the hell is 2.05.16.17

Well one of the listed features for the initial reveal was that it was going to have the largest roster in a DC fighting game ever, though that's not saying much. The select screens have 28 slots so far but that could increase.

You missed the i.

Injustice 2, May 16th 2017

i2 = Injustice 2
05 = May
16 = The 16th
17 = Year 2017

Who do you all want in here?

>Booster Gold
>Swamp Thing
>Vigilante
>King Shark

>Poison Ivy
>Catwoman/Cheetah
>Green Arrow
>Black Canary

>Four months until release
>Still at least 17 characters left to show

Well they have to reveal something soon then right?

Well now there's a release date, but then again Boon started teasing back in November and nothing came out of it, so who nows

Well those polls were clearly for eventual DLC stuff so we won't see any of that for a bit. But as for characters on the base roster they could do at least three reveals a month starting now assuming the starting roster is 28.

rev up that season pass

Dunno, Boon didn't only teaser with polls, pic related

How likely is it that the character reveals have been delayed by the voice actor strike?

I'm not sure when in development voice acting is done. Shouldn't it have been finished already?

Eh Boon just does that to keep people talking about the game. He made a lot of tweets like that about random DC characters who never got in the first game (Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batwing, etc.) last time as well.

>Well those polls were clearly for eventual DLC stuff so we won't see any of that for a bit.
Not really. One of the polls had Blue Beetle who is revealed along with Captain Cold and Swamp Thing.

Unrevealed but we know they're coming:
Flash
GA
GL
Doctor Fate
Swamp Thing
Captain Cold
Black Canary

Anyone else?

I was just referring to the polls from November which were all about guests.

>Anyone else?

Well there hasn't been any indication of them yet but there's no doubt Cyborg, Joker and Lex will be in. I'd also bet on Damian being back because of that new game he's gonna be in.

Subby

What have you guys been doing today?
I kind of hope the don't do what they did for MKX and reveal every character on twitch, but that was probably for everyone to understand variations.

I don't know the streams were kind of fun. Just getting random trailer uploads on Youtube a few times a month would be kind of boring. It's nice to see some actual full matches with new characters when they get revealed.

Speaking of reveals, a similiar thing happened with MKX. They announced the game, appeared at E3 and had a couple of reveals afterwards, but then there was absolutely nothing for a couple of months after that. They resumed the reveals in january, so I'm assuming the same will happen with Inj 2. The sooner the better anyways.

Let's hear it Sup Forums: should the main Green Lantern of this game still be Hal Jordan?
I don't doubt the other GLs will be available as special gear pieces or something like that, but even then, one has to be the base.

True though the wait has been longer this time. For MKX the last reveal was in October before the gap until January so it's been an extra two months of waiting this go around.

Depends on how the story goes. As things are now Hal is imprisoned on Oa with Sinestro after being a Yellow Lantern for years. But most of the important GLs are dead so the only real options are Baz and Jessica. I wouldn't mind either of them being the "good" GL for the story but it would be odd not having Hal as the main one for all the promotional stuff.

nah, they'll just go like "we need you hal jordan, no one else can do this, here's a gl ring"
Or they will just ignore the comics and get John or Kyle

Well according to Tom Taylor the game script took a surprisingly large amount of the events of the comic in to account so unless their doing a Blackest Night story I wouldn't count on any of the dead lanterns showing up as anything other than non-canon costumes. I'm sure Hal will be playable but I bet Bruce will have Jessica on his team.

So why does he need a gun?

Read one of his comics because he tells you why

hey Sup Forums i heard a rumor that batmans gonna be in this game is that true???

Also the comic release date have been revealed too

He gives good reasoning (at the time at least) for why he has it, but will probably be dropping it soon due to something that happened in one of the most recent Green Lantern issues

In case his ring loses power

Don't be silly user

Nice. Sooner than I expected.

Now give us more reveals, Ed.

Red Hood as well he's been hinted a ton and has been in and won many polls

Ah I see
Good call.

So that's 11 that we're pretty sure of. On top of the 9 we already have confirmed. That leaves 8 more characters that could be anybody. Plastic Man would be amazing as would Animal Man or Beast Boy.

When's Larfleeze?

They said it would have "the largest roster of any DC fighting game," but the reveal showed it had less than the original, so they were lying.

I agree.

So that's
Flash
GA
GL
Doctor Fate
Swamp Thing
Captain Cold
Black Canary
Cyborg
Joker
Lex
Robin/Nightwing
Red Hood

April? Damn that's later than the original Inj comic and even the MKX comic isn't it?
I wonder if that's because of that lame Harley spin off.

>I wonder if that's because of that lame Harley spin off.

It's because of that. I still don't know why DC had the idea to greenlight that comic

Technically they aren't lying, they didn't exactly say it was going to be the largest roster at launch.

Original had 24. I2 has 28.

I'd like to see Mera in. I bet they could come up with a nice moveset

It just me or Harley appears to be more -- I don't know -- thick than in the previous game?

>not April like every other NRS title

What does it mean?

Well the comic revealed she's a MILF so the designers adjusted the model accordingly.

Oh yeah Lucy Quinn, I totally forgot about that, I wonder if Taylor or Boon is going to bring it up in the game or comic

i think so

>Lex Luthor is dead
will they revive him? or will they just have his character show up posthumously in story mode

>2/5/16/17
what

See

This is laughably bad. I know NRS's shtick is that they put in a lot of alternate costumes, but that's awful.

then dont use it

>Jonah Hex
>Swamp Thing
>Zatanna
>Lobo
>Starfire

Swamp Thing
Plastic Man
Red Tornado
Ultra Comics

>Snowflame
Yes, I'm serious

Why don't you add Hemoglobin while you're at it?

Because he has Aids. Not Cocaine Powers.

I mean if we are adding trash/below trash characters to game it's only fair for the Hemo-Goblin to be in the wishlist, right?

>grodd stronger than diana

disgusting

I mean. If he's on your wishlist, yes.
I still wonder how interesting it could be with him in.
Especially sacrificing meter for a short burst of power that, if he uses too much after a while, starts to decrease stamina for a short time before coming to.

Anyone here?

no

They could do the alternate dimension stuff again. Or a clone since they established he was working on that in the comic.

>Superboy(Hope is pretty much dead with supergirl in)
>Black Canary
>Mera
>Cheetah
>Circe
>Star Sapphire

Wait. Isn't the bigger question about WHERE Injustice 2 takes place? Is it in the Injustice universe? Or somewhere new?

Injustice universe. I could be wrong but I belive new villians come in to fight for the power thats now in the air since supes is gone. and someone breaks supes out,

>Top left

It's in the same universe as the first game. It starts two years after the first game ended. Batman is still rebuilding after what happened with what few allies he has when a new threat appears. The comic that starts in April will take place over the two year gap between the game stories.

Oh man. Now this sounds fucking great. I know this isn't how it works, but it sounds like they'll let the comic dictate the game story!? That'll be fucking awesome. Just so long as we get Taylor and NAARGH.

Yeah Taylor is going to be writing the comic again in April and according to him the script for the game does take the events of the comic in to account.

FUCK.
YES.

I bet it's Darkseid

Darkseid seems to obvious. Doing a version of the Brother Eye/OMAC story could work pretty well as a follow up to he first game though. Makes perfect sense for a paranoid Batman with very few allies to want to make a bug brother system to prevent the first game from happening again.

Okay, good, we have a release date.

NOW FUCKING SHOW US MORE OF THE GAME, YOU FUCKING HACK.

Eclipso when?

Watch them still show nothing new for the rest of the month just to be dicks.

NAAARGH

These are nice. Better than the last one, anyway.

>original had 24

It had 30. 28 is less than 30.

30 with all the DLC. They might be only counting the base rosters. It's a bullshit technicality but hey, it is still the biggest base roster in an NRS game since MK9.

So when they say "Biggest roster of any DC game" they're just flat out lying.

not really? I mean they already confirmed the game's gonna have DLC, and implied it'll be even more than MKX (which had 9)
I don't doubt Inj 2 will have at least 40 characters by the end of its lifespan.

>not really?

Then you're either doing some severe mental gymnastics or your math is wrong, because 28 is not a higher number than 30.

>I mean they already confirmed the game's gonna have DLC

If they're selling their game by advertising DLC as part of their base product then they're intentionally misrepresenting their product and lying to their customers. This is fraud.

just 1 question for you pal why are you keen on counting the DLC for the first game but not the second? even if they said absolutely nothing about it we'd still know it was coming.

Because if you're going to say that you're releasing a game that has more characters than any other DC fighting game, you should count all the characters in other DC fighting games. The Injustice Ultimate Edition has 30 characters. If you buy Injustice 2 from a store and it doesn't have more than 30 characters, then Injustice 2 doesn't have more characters than any other DC fighting game.

If they want to include the DLC in I2's count they should have said "this game we're releasing will eventually receive paid addons to give it a bigger roster than previous games." You wouldn't say "this game includes multiplayer" if you have to buy the multiplayer as an add-on, would you?

NRS is a fucking terrible company and making excuses for video game companies pulling this kind of criminal shit is what led the industry to being the disaster area it is today.

Those are some pretty big leaps you're making there. They're taking advantage of a dumb technicality to help advertise their game, who cares? As far as scummy video game practices go that ain't shit.

>"this game we're releasing will eventually receive paid addons to give it a bigger roster than previous games."
isn't that what they said? I'm sure of it but maybe I'm retarded or something and heard something wrong.