If the Simpsons didn't exist, what do you guys think would be the next equivalent to it?

If the Simpsons didn't exist, what do you guys think would be the next equivalent to it?

I want to say Duckman but that came out FAR to late and the reason it was so much more risque is because The Simpson helped break the grounds of television to start with.

Seinfeld, or is that already to big? The Critic maybe?

Family guy, only it was never good.

It was fantastic up until it's first cancellation, then went down hill

Oh wow, I didn't know they had changed the opening of the Simpsons. I've watched it on YouTube and dear god, it's excessively quirky now.

It makes me wonder what people watching the opening for the first time might think, and then I remember those people don't exist.

Do we count things that are wholly derrivative of, if not simply inspired by the success of it?
You'r etalking a wole fucking quantum web of cause and effect unravelling the enteire entertainment industry and popular culture into a wholly different beast than we know today!

I don't know that Family Guy would exist if The Simpsons didn't.

Seinfeld?

If Homer Simpson didn't exist it would be necessary to invent him.

Wait nvm, i think i misunderstood

Would Homer Simpson even be accepted into pop culture if he didn't have the whole backdrop of characters behind him?

King of the Hill

more likely beavis and butthead if you consider the whole bart simpson phenomenon

A Pup Named Scooby Doo.

Being more serious...Animaniacs probably.

No it wasn't

A show that's been on for way too long and should have ended years ago?

Naruto for sure, but if we're talking western then I'd say south-park is a close contender especially with the most recent seasons.

Except Homer is just Fred Flintstone.

GRAND DAD.

There wouldn't be. Nearly every modern animated sitcom owes at least some inspiration from The Simpsons.

Consider suicide.

>tfw Seth McFarlane always seemed to be involved in writing plots for cartoon episodes that had furry themes
>family guy still plays with Brian wanting to fuck Lois after that was resolved early on

Dude's got issues.

To reach an near-objective response to that question you need to state a near-objective fact about the impact of The Simpsons in our culture (american & worldwide)

Probably Married... With Children in cartoon form.

Too focused on Texas culture.