Road to Cheldorado

So the guy that did a bunch of El Dorado stuff posted a bunch of new stuff about the movie recently on his twitter and retweeted stuff from other members of the team.

twitter.com/ronniedelcarmen/status/817280186412453888

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ronniedelcarmen/status/808062834017849344
barcelonagirl.homestead.com/Originals.html
youtube.com/watch?v=rZVMmZXotn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MY DICK

>All these Dreamworks shows
>No Road to Eldorado adventure-comedy with more adult humor

Rare animation test chel looks weird.

bomp?

this would be pretty rad actually.

This one is absolutely stunning;
twitter.com/ronniedelcarmen/status/808062834017849344

Animation has never produced a sexier, more alliuring woman and probably never will

whoa

well in americas there is esmerelda.

Japan has tons of waifus.

nothing more than that screencap?

only two others

I found these on a random geocities site. Fuck knows how they're still up.

barcelonagirl.homestead.com/Originals.html

ooooooooooooooooh

Jesus christ, the animation fluidity...

the misc page of that site has some neat trivia.

> Kevin Kline (Tulio) and Rosie Perez (Chel) spontaneously broke out into singing "Tonight, Tonight" from "West Side Story" during the recording session of their love scene.

>Character models for the three main characters were sculpted in clay, then lit and photographed to help effects artists understand how light was cast on the characters. Then an additional ten character models were used in constructing crowd sequences.
So presumably someone hand sculpted a Chel.

>That everytime Bibo the Armadillo came onto the screen an instrument called a churango was played. Ironically a churango is made of the hardened shell of an armadillo.

>At first the producers went over the top with Chel's introduction in the temple. In early visual development, she used to get out of a pool, naked--but she was always covered by props from the background.

>Rosie Perez reacted to her first viewing of Chel's character design with, "My ankles are too big." The directors resoponded with, "Rosie, trust us: no one's going to be looking at your ankles."

>Some of the alternate endings to the movie included...
a) Tulio and Miguel go on another adventure...they end up being carried upside down on stakes through some Southern American wilderness, while Altivo is the one who's being treated as a god...he even has Bibo on his head to act like a headdress. (The producers actually had drawings and even recordings all set for this scene. It would start out with Miguel and Tulio looking surprised, with their hair straight up...and then the camera would rotate to reveal that they were upside-down.)
b) Chief Tannabok is reading a book about Miguel and Tulio to a child on his knee. When he's finished, the child says, "Those were wise men." Chief Tannabok replies, "They were more like wise guys."
The producers went with the simplest ending to the movie.

So, I have a copy of this movie, and no idea where it came from. It somehow got mixed in with my belongings during college. Love my magical DVD.

>more like wise guys
kek, the Chief was always based

youtube.com/watch?v=rZVMmZXotn0