Why is The Prince of Egypt much more beautiful and impressive visually than Hercules even though it came out just one...

Why is The Prince of Egypt much more beautiful and impressive visually than Hercules even though it came out just one year later and has a similar budget according to Wikipedia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=biVEtQQ_9mo
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ee86DRxtHU
youtube.com/watch?v=vBv0kYm65SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3WKN0XF8-3Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Big, dumb Captain America cape flick on the left

Batman v Superman on the right

I disagree with you. Hercules had a very interesting visual style and animation. You're conflating 'visually awe-inspiring' with 'good'.

Bless my soul, Cap was on a roll
Hero of the week in every burger eater poll
What a pro, Cap could stop a show
Point him at a Nazi, and you're talking a shield throw
He was a no one...a zero, zero
Now he's a honcho, hero hero
He was a kid with his act down pat...

Zero to hero, ain't that swell
Zero to hero, TONY, HELP

I dunno but I just realized that's a pretty mediocre cover for PoE

Now don't be silly

Batman V Superman is too forgettable and boring to hold up against anything either Dreamworks or Disney ever put out.

Including Marvel

youtube.com/watch?v=biVEtQQ_9mo

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ee86DRxtHU

Just compare. The Prince of Egypt looks like real art while Hercules looks like some kind of 90s Saturday morning cartoon show.

I didn't like BvS but boring and forgettable are not words I would use to describe it.

Prince of Egypt is a beautiful film but Hercules has a unique style that I think looks nice.

Hercules is a comedy and POE was a biblical epic and the art styles reflect that

What are you talking about?

Hercules is clearly the Superman movie.

There's more to animation quality then setpiece moments. Look at the detail on that statue garden in Hercules. That's definitely not Saturday cartoon tier animation. Hercules had pretty good art and a rather unique style that did a fantastic job of mimicking Greek pottery art.

By contrast Prince of Egypt's style was more realistic and detailed but that doesn't necessarily make it better. What Prince of Egypt did really well in terms of animation was making the miracles and "act of god" stuff genuinely look divine and godlike while still keeping the rest of the animation feeling grounded and real. The parting of the sea and the scene where Moses turns the river to blood are both good examples. There's not many scenes in Hercules that try to give a feeling of awe and power the same way those scenes do. There only really comparable one I could think of is this one where the titans get released. Which is clearly more visually impressive than the rest of the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=vBv0kYm65SQ

lets see

>stays pretty true to Hebrew mythology, not sugar coating it for kids and crap

>basically just uses names from Greek myth instead of using the actually myths, while writing a shitty kiddie story

I wonder what the difference was

wow, you dc cucks really do have project ur crap onto everything huh

I don't know why people give Disney shit about Hercules specifically, that is literally what ALL their movies have been

>take an old story
>change it into a kids story

All classic Disney is this, Greek mythology is just that, mythology, stories, fiction

Nice company wars, no one was even talking about that anymore you idiot.

ya they change the story

with Hercules they stripped the real story out and wrote a whole new one, there is basically nothing there of original other than names and the fact that Zeus was Hercules's father

like Hunchback of Notre Dame was closer to the original than Hercules and that is really saying something

The visual desing of Hercules was deliberately smiliar to ancient greece. Same with Mulan which was heavily criticised by the animators for being "too simple and lacks of details" but it was supposed to resemble the old chinese paintings.

They changed Hercules beyond recognition and even changed his lineage as well. They even tried to paint Hera as a good person (and his biological mother although to be fair I don't think Zeus' body count is very kid-friendly so I'll throw this a pass).

They've changed stories before but they took it to a whole new extreme with that movie in particular.

It changes Heracles' story even more than Dragonball Evolution changed Goku's (or how dragonball changed Sun Wukong's story).

From what I recall, Hercules was in 1997, Prince of Egypt was in 1999, no?

Because Prince of Egypt had Ofra Haza singing in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=3WKN0XF8-3Q

Still gives me the same chills it did first time.

Mah nigga.

>Sup Forums edition console wars
Sup Forums doesn't want your shit dynamics, Sup Forums.

>basically just uses names from Greek myth instead of using the actually [sic] myths
But all Greek/Roman myths do the EXACT SAME THING. Hercules in particular is really famous for that because he was both amazingly strong and a bit of a doofus. Hercules never had a defined "canon" outside of the 12 Labours. Literally every other Hercules myth is ancient fanfic.

>why are my apples so much less orange than these oranges

Holy shit, that ending left me in stitches