How did K know where to find Luv and Deckard?

How did K know where to find Luv and Deckard?

bad writing

what are you talking about exactly...?
he saw signs of life which were the bees.
then he heard a piano playing, which was decard luring the intruder in

He means at the end.

No, I mean when Deckard was being taken off-world.

The resistance gave him the info, or he used his bladerunner resources.

If they were going to take him off world, where else would they be going but the airport?

followed them out of Wallace's building. The real answer is it doesn't matter

Why exactly do we need step by step explanation of irrelevant bullshit?
He was a cop, he had skills, he knew they would take him to earth HQ first, I mean who fucking cares, do you not have even a little imagination.

i wouldn't question the goose desu.

Why were there bees again?

I expected that there would be a ton of vegetation somewhere hidden under the guise that the city was a radioactive wasteland. But the secret spot where Deckard was hiding just ended up being a hotel.

Bees need pollen. Where were the flowers?

He implanted a tracking device inside Deckard's anus while they were fighting.

Because you're an idiot.

What would have they done to Deckard in off worlds? Why take him there?

Big Joi is just around the corner of the pyramids also it's not hard to guess because he knows who Luv works for

Because hes a detective.

Leto's character says "We have ways of making you talk Off-World." and something about showing him real pain.

If the resistance knew, why didn't they send their own people? They could have also sent more than one person. And wouldn't the blade runners be looking for K?

How did he know their flight plan?

How did he know which landing strip?

Doesn't it?

I didn't see anything to suggest that he followed them out of Earth HQ. How would he know which side of the massive building they left, anyway? I care because it was such a great movie, but so inconsistent at a major development.

Would it have been extremely painful?

>Its s brainlet looking for """plotholes"""" episode

He interrogated Wallace and got all the info he needed. Did you wonder why Wallace is suddenly dropped and never mentioned again? K killed him.

He's a blade runner with skills and experience. Maybe he staked out Wallace's headquarters and saw the three official-looking spinners leave heading west toward the airport and followed them.

My question... what's with the obsession to find plot holes in this film? Do you always analyze every tiny moment in everything you watch? Must be exhausting.

Remember this isn't a documentary. The events depicted on screen didn't really happen.

>Its s
>uneven quotation marks
>calls other people brainlets

kys retard

>How would he know which side of the massive building they left, anyway?

Because he was a fucking cop ok, he had a police car a scanner, skills to use them...

>If the resistance knew, why didn't they send their own people?
How would I know, they probably didn't have people at hand with the neccesary skills. Again this shit does not matter at all. Use your fucking imagination.

>And wouldn't the blade runners be looking for K?
No..why would they? He failed the test but he was let go by the chief. No one was looking for him
>Doesn't it?
Yes it doesn't matter you autismal fuck.KYS

They just went for an iconic shot of life beginning anew in the midst of chaos.
Bees can represent fertility and rebirth, but I dont want to be too pedant nor I think Villeneuve is that pretentious. He probably thought it just made for a nice shot

I hate this fucking episode

It's an alternate sci-fi universe where the USSR still exists, payphones are still in use,tons of machines look old and analogue, tons of them look new you know very uneven.
Literally any explanation works because the world and technology is so offbeat

The bees were living things just like the dog that why he asked if it was real.

Where I implied they werent?

his police car had a radar and a drone

How would he know which side of the massive building to watch? What does "official-looking" even mean? It was night anyway. What if he followed some other "official-looking" spinners?

And yeah, I do. Get off my site, normie scum.

>he was a fucking cop

This is a lame excuse.

>police car scanner

Why would any of the relevant information be on a police scanner? And for that matter, how is K allowed the use of his car after going AWOL and his handler being killed?

>didn't have people at hand with the necessary skills

Doubtful.

>No one was looking for him

By that time, he might have missed his baseline. I don't think that's a good thing if you don't want to be hunted.

Yeah, it was also amazing how K found Deckard at all in Las Vegas, which is a massive city even in our own time, while giving his robot specific instructions.

Useless without guiding information.

It is also implied that almost every healthy human has left the Earth shithole for the colonies.

>imagine having your baseline compromised by such minutiae

Yeah but there wasn't much left of Las Vegas which was destroyed mostly in world war terminus so it never developed.

damn las vegas concrete whores makes me hard

because they needed to setup the ebin water fight. if you arent a brainlet you realize the whole "story" only existed to string cool looking settings together

You seem reasonable and not stubborn at all.

only good movies do that. visuals should come before narrative mechanics.

>if you arent a brainlet you realize the whole "story" only existed to string cool looking settings together
lol'd

in books, prose > plot
in movies, visuals > plot

You probably enjoy the literary works of Stephen King.

I was glad they didnt explain uninteresting dumb shit like what OP is asking. It wasnt a nolan movie.

Excuse me for wanting things to make sense. Perish the thought that writing in modern cinema be consistent.

>uninteresting dumb shit

Yes, I much prefer the apparently nonsensical work that Sup Forums praises so much.

>I have le high IQ so I can tell the story in a sci-fi movie isn't realistic and this is to set-up a specific fight scene they could have arranged to happen in any other way and not to imply anything else I am le smart and know about le films

>tfw this is what autism actually looks like
>it didn't show a scene explaining how (Detective) K found the location of a flying car so it's 'nonsensical'

for poetic/throwback reasons probably but it doesn't really make sense because they need pollen to have a hive and there were no flowers or vegetation in that zone so...

It's the biggest inconsistency in the whole movie, and there are a few more that I didn't mention because it's the only one that rankled me. Wallace won, and then suddenly loses, for no discernible reason other than the good guy must win. It renders the victory hollow. Nonsense.

>Why were there bees again?
for the same reason there was a flower under the dead tree.

Was that scene in the ocean or what?

yes. K has salt stains on his jeans and jacket in the snow death scene

Presumably the sophisticated torture tools required to make Deckard talk could only be found off world - either for legal reasons (Gov't can pretend it has no idea what Wallace is doing), privacy (off-world colonies would be exclusively controlled by Walkace's forces), or practical concerns (the torture requires Zero-G or something not found on Earth)

It's not an inconsistency you fucktard. Wallace lives off-world his HQ is off world. He's only visiting on earth. His earth HQ is abandoned, almost derelict. it didn't even have any lights seen from the outside, it's the same building as the first movie. in the first movie it's completely lit, in the second it looks almost abandoned with only a few lights. It's perfectly logical that he doesn't have what he needs there. It's not something they pulled out of their ass in the last second. It's one thing being a brainlet, but it's another thing acting so smart and smug, like you're Mr Plinket or some shit

>for no discernible reason other than the good guy must win.

Oh my god...

What happened in the blade runner world to make everything so fucked up? Is it explained in the book?

>Bees can represent fertility and rebirth, but I dont want to be too pedant nor I think Villeneuve is that pretentious.
>Being this dense.

Its obvious symbolism. Rachael's grave is marked with a flower. Deckard's location has bees in it.

Deckard, Rachael. Bees and Flowers.

DO you know how pollination works?. Pic related.

Nobody will admit it but /thread

you cant post that image on this christian server, user.

So you're saying K was able to track them because there was hardly any traffic going from the building. Alright, I can buy that, setting aside the whole "Why isn't K's car being tracked by the LAPD" thing, which I guess can be explained by the fact that they probably just don't give enough of a shit. I've seen 2049 more than the original, so I didn't know that thing about the lights. Glad to see not everyone on this site is a fucking monkey. Thanks.

Have you seen the average city today?

it's never established where Wallace lived but it's probably the Tyrell building. It's not explained why there aren't lights but it's probably related to the Blackout.

They go off-world to torture Deckard as a way of "making him talk". Not to go to Wallace's house for tea or some bullshit.

stop making shit up.

Yeah I live in one. What do you mean?

shit holes, the lot of em

It literally does not matter. Watching him track them would add nothing to the film. This is like when people bitched about TDKR not explaining how Bruce got back to Gotham. We know he has the means, so who gives a shit how exactly he did it? Its meaningless.

>Wallace won, and then suddenly loses, for no discernible reason other than the good guy must win. It renders the victory hollow. Nonsense.

Are you familiar with the conventional three-act structure in drama? Yes there was a low point where Wallace seems to have prevailed. Which then forces the protagonist K to make a choice. Either give up... or dig deeper, rally and fight back hard. K made his choice. These are the tenets of basic western drama. And it is satisfying as fuck. We like to see our protagonists pushed as far as they can possibly go and somehow find the strength and conviction within to fight for what they believe. This is what happens in third acts user.

nuclear war, humans are dying, healthy humans move to colonies

Fuck, yes, I know that. I meant there was no discernible in-movie reason for why he lost. The structure doesn't matter if it doesn't make internal sense. Although apparently there was a flimsy one which was barely suggested.

they literally explain it in the pre crawl

there's also brief references to the "Blackout" where all data was destroyed and replicants were reset

and a dirty bomb in Los Angeles maybe due to political conflict

Why did Sean Young play the part of that rebel hag? It confused me.

It is established. He wasn't there, he makes the trip to earth when Rachel was discovered. Luv says that they're "going home", when Decard asks.

"going home" because she (and deckard?) is a replicant and that's what replicants are made for: off-world slave labor.

they don't LIKE being there. the replicants of the first film rebelled because they hated offworld.

Wooooow

>tfw local cinema is still full of people watching Blade Runner

based brits

he just waited outside the airport and recognized their flying cars when they showed up on his radar. He probably used his LAPD resources to tell the cars belonged to Wallace or something

he turned in his credentials and was suspended after finding sickfu

he might not have had access, but it doesn't really matter.

Is there a Drive 2049 poster yet?

The official poster is garbage. It's another orange and blue characters posing.

You'd be better off just ordering a fan made poster from ebay.

They hated off-world because Replicants were illegal on Earth and were only found off-world.

It's almost like you haven't seen either film. It's stated that the Tyrell building is the "Earth HQ"

I'm the merchant now gave him the clue about the radioactive place outside the city limits and then a heat scan.

I still can't get why Jared Leto could't find Deckard on a drone future with millions of disposable replicants conquering dozens of worlds.

Luv > Joshi > memory maker > Joi

We needed more shots of the dr.s feet

But Deckard isn't a replicant

Luv obviously meant her home/the corporation off-world HQ.

>Flower on a grave
>Bee at a hotel
What?

what

Don't worry, he wasn't going to kill him.
Just hurt him really, really bad.

>Joi at the bottom of the list
she's the best girl in the whole movie

It is suggested and even leto's character doesn't know for sure. Declare is aware he might be but doesn't care as he views the lives of replicants and humans as equal ever since his encounter with roy batty

> Joi is the last
I wonder ho is behind this post...

Because robotic animals are a huge thematic point of DADoES

she's a boring sim. she just tells K she loves him and bothers him with that shitty ringtone. Even mackenzie davis was better

>not wanting your ego boosted by a beautiful hologram waifu
It's like you want to be killed by Luv.

deckard is 100% a replicant. watch Blade Runner (1982)

wish he wasn't in 2049 tpbh, the last act was shit

because Deckard was keeping bees. Maybe beekeeping with replicant bees was the best way of being self sustained in irradiated Las Vegas

I'd rather be dragged around by Luv than buy the sim that's advertised all over the city, without even changing her settings away from classic mode

I have, and they don't give a definite answer its merely suggested without the unicorn. The whole point at the end is deckard couldn't give a fuck whether he is or not and runs off with his replicant waifu

>not enjoying those nipples
>not appreciating her natural beauty
>preferring the man-chin'd Dutch woman that cries in every scene

They were space -bees

Its only ever implied that he's a replicant, everything else is senile ridley scott george lucassing his own movies

there were feeders, director said so in interview

how in the fuck would Deckard impregnate Rachel, if Deckard is a replicant he would be a really old model.

per 2049 they were the same model.

mmm, so he was always meant to meet Rachel?

Not same poster here but the possibility is that Tyrrell manufactured both deckard and rachel with reproduction and implanted memories so that he could have his little ego trip. It doesn't have to be true though, and personally I don't think it is

You worry about that but not at the fact nothing happens when his Chief is murdered?

the implication is implied so heavily that it's basically implicit. he was based on gaff

yea seems like that from 2049, it's a bit unclear though