youtube.com/watch?v=xwGZvpRf1GA

>implying any of those hacks can even compare to wkw
youtube.com/watch?v=_bckIIoXSHA

Tony Leung is a very attractive man

AND THE SKY IS GREY

arr the reaves are brown

>Tony Leung in Happy Together
whew

Wong Kino Wai needs to make a new movie.

I WENT FOR A WALK

man, now i want to watch this again
i saw it once in filmclass, its so good

HE SAY YOU BRADE RUNNER

It takes him like a crazy amount of time to make movies EXCEPT for Chungking Express which he made in two months when he took a break from editing a another movie.

CALIFORNIA

Wong Kai-Meme is a hack. An insincere pleb who vomits up some garbage pseudo-emotional crypto-romcom meaningless whimper of "oh love, isn't it magical?"

> but le woman walk outside at night having a conversation with young policeman scene

"No!"

Only the most pretentious false person could fall for this con artist. Someone who's life is so boring an adventurous little dingie about love could seem not only true but profound. Someone with such an incomplete understanding of existance that a mere whispers of attractive young peoples love touch them at their deepest childish core.

"This is just like my old romance novels! Truly love isn't dead!".

A commercial thief of essense, he whips up a childish fantasy world for adults to forget themselves in and enforce banal platitudes of other people, those they'll never understand and live a more complex life than "tee-hee, I wonder if Asian-Chan likes me!"

6/10 director.

I agree completely but he's still 450% better than anything this board ever discusses so w/e, it's not like we get any Mikhalkov threads here
"film and television"

Post films you enjoy

I think you are too stupid to understand WKW's work.
His work isn't about love, it is about his take on love.
Big difference.

Whats unique about him is his setting. How much emotion and mood he can convey with a single shot, or a small sequence. His dialogues don't need to be witty, plot doesn't need to be deep. It's about raw emotion.

I love this scene.

Moonlight is the only movie that bites Wong where it actually feels like it taking it to another level

Man i love the cinematography of Christopher Doyle.
Definitely one of my favorites.

>Chungking Express
>Fallen Angels
>In the Mood for Love

What else?