Can we talk about the upcoming Black Panther movie? He seems to have gotten positive reception in Civil War...

Can we talk about the upcoming Black Panther movie? He seems to have gotten positive reception in Civil War, so what are you expecting/want to see? Winston Duke is said to be M'Baku, and Michael B Jordan is Killmonger. Id imagine Serkis will return as Klaue too.

>so what are you expecting/want to see?

I expect nothing. I've had very little exposure to him before CW. He's a character I've known about for years, but never really had a reason to care about.

How are they going to work a Stan cameo into this one?

This, it's gonna be a flop, no one cares about Black Panther.

They're probably going to do some dethroning thing that humbles him. I bet most of the movie is detached from his role as King, and he's fighting against what dethroned him.

A lot of shoe polish and lipstick

I'm expecting BP to be Marvel's first financial failure since MCU began.

There are 2 options:
>Stan in blackface
>Stan is standing in the middle of a Wakandan street yelling nigger over and over and is the reason why the country is so reclusive

A general at the pentagon or a CIA dude.

Dumb Tourist

WE WUZ KANGS 'N SHEEEIT

>MCU
>Flop
Try again.

My best guess is a faction of Wakanda attempts a coup because T'Challa is trying to bridge them to the outside world. Killmonger will try to take the throne, will promise vibranium to Klaue in exchange for weapons to arm his militants, and M'Baku will be teased as the sequel villain sporting a gorilla themed vibranium power suit

I would put money on this honestly.

Trips confirm. Screencap it

>This, it's gonna be a flop, no one cares about Black Panther.

I wasn't apparently clear, but what I had meant is that I expect noting because I don't know enough about the character to expect anything.

I'm going in expecting nothing, but I'm still going in. Just like I did with Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and The Guardians of The Galaxy.

nothing good, to be honest, civil war was awful aside from him and the Spidey cameo. They also covered most of his oriign in another hero's movie so it'll be weird to establish him in his own movie.

Man they really hit that costume out of the park

After watching Creed, i thinkl the movie is in good hands, so long as Mahvel doesn't try to control the director too much. Great fight scenes too, i like how you can actually tell what's happening, because it doesn't jump cut every half second. Important for a good fighting scene

Steve Harvey?

>Michael B Jordan is Killmonger
Too short, too skinny, I hate it.

Been getting my hopes up for years.

>Too short
Have Downey lend him some shoes
>Too skinny
And Pratt had a gut before filming Guardians. Not saying Jordan is the right casting choice (dont really have an opinion either way about him) but these things are manageable

Anybody have the screencap? Can't find it.
>IT'S NOT FAIR

>so what are you expecting/want to see?

More good action, but that's a given
A really cool depiction of Wakanda, where it's legitimately futuristic as fuck.
Really cool intermixing between African and sci-fi aesthetics.
Really cool costume for M'Baku.
I REALLY want a good soundtrack too. This movie needs a badass soundtrack that combines traditional "African" music with the modern action movie soundtrack, with some electric guitar in there for good measure.

hire Kanye

user what do you think of Killmonger bring the villain?
I only got into BP in the past few years but starting on him right out the gate sounds like such bullshit.

Kanye would be good but it's not like he's known particularly for making that sort of music. I was thinking more TV on the Radio. Get Tunde Adebimpe or something.

So a remix of the Lion King soundtrack got it

all I got from his appearance in CW is that he is a no-nonsense lawful good dude who wants to do everything himself. a nice contrast to how the avengers behave.

mostly, I'm familiar with the EMH version of Black Panther and I remember liking him. I hope they give him the same characterization.

this probaly

Just like Guardians of the Galaxy flopped, eh?

Hopefully it's standalone with no Infinity War or Bucky stuff ruining it.

Considering they couldn't be bothered to follow through on the Winter Soldier story and fujos made a huge racket over Civil War, Bucky is all but guaranteed to come back in some way.

Unfortunately.

ty senpai

Erase the reply links next time

hire Ladysmith Black Mambazo

you, I like you.

Black Panther, while a cool side character, holds no interest to me as a lead. I don't care about 90% diversity so I'll be skipping this.

>He seems to have gotten positive reception

the fuck are you talking about?

Besides Captain America and Hulk?

You sound like a crackhead,

>Good soundtrack
>Marvel
You'll get the same generic strings and trumpet as the rest of the films

and you sound like you're trying to earn a couple extra pennies from the Rat.

I'm hyped. I'm hoping they just dumb down Priest's Panther and use that.

>flop

Nah it's gonna bomb harder than ghostbusters. Mods are trying hard to ban opposition and prevent this, of course. Muh "90% black means diversity." It's hilarious. They think that having no white people is the key to success.

End of doctor strange gave me a glimmer of hope, a better score would make the movies leagues better, sound design is important yo

>I'm going in expecting nothing, but I'm still going in.
Watch a camrip instead.

>lines everywhere that serve no purpose
No, they didn't.

>lawful
He's a bad guy that got so butthurt that he would try to kill a guy instead of giving him a fair trial. Par for the course for the Avengers. They're not real heroes and never will be.

Black Panther has never been a superhero.