Are audiences to lazy to appreciate Blade Runner 2049?

wired.com/2017/10/geeks-guide-blade-runner-2049/

Or is it just Americans?

Yes.

>geeks
Why is it always popnerds? I mean it does explain why the redditors here think they're not plebs anymore for liking it but still

>americans made the movie
>americans are too lazy for the movie
typical obsessive mud man behaviour. at least you had the decency to learn our language first

>too lazy
Avg iq is going down... only INTP~ type people like this movie and that number is shrinking as we are inundated with r selected shit heads

>tfw smart enough to appreciate wired.com

>tfw too intelligent to make financially successful films

Villeneuve is Quebecois you absolute mongoloid

No, it's just that Blade Runner 2049 is shit. Why can't you idiots get that through your thick skulls?

Wow this amerishart has no decency. Its Canadian made, retard.

How is it shit?

>Wired
This is the same "paper" that said it wasnt diverse enough what the fuck

The Hillary Clinton of movies

Runtime is a huge turn-off. Who wants to go see a 2.5 hr movie?

Americans should not be allowed to live

>Americans are too lazy to research

yeah, needed more diversity and quips

aren't most capeshits 2.5 hours now?

I do. Three times. Maybe more.

Fucking faggot.

Yeah capeshit is capeshit though. Not a suquel to a movie hardly anyone has seenn

capeshit keeps you engaged with a shit ton of explosions and general cape fuckery.

i'm just bored of seeing gosling shoved everywhere, male version of scarjew

Lazy? No. Brainwashed? Yes.

keeps brainlets engaged*

Yeah but I'm not talking about lonely neckbeards such as yourself.

Why not watch actual art for that much time? Something by Diaz

Your cinema taste will grow up

It's ultra pretentious.

Like Ridley Scott.

It's a shit movie.

Like what Ridley Scott makes.

It could have been way better with better editors.

Just like every Ridley Scott film.

It's a perfect sequel for Ridley Scott i.e a shit movie that needed massive amounts of trimming.

Not that user but:
>Very slow pacing
>Obvious reveals
>Handholds the audience for the whole movie
Also unrelated to the film itself but,
>Advertised itself as an action thriller

It's a marketing gimmick, they don't blatantly say something is good anymore, they have to let the target think they wanted product X of their own volition.

Let's say I wanted to sell you a car. I could try to convince you that it would make you become successful and get high status. Unfortunately people are pretty redpilled and it doesn't help if you got dweeb genes and if you didn't you don't need the car. Now imagine this, I get a fat racist kike to basically shit on this car because it was made by white people for white people. Basically imagine the most obnoxious faggot telling you to not buy something. This kind of makes you want to buy it right? It'd be hidden marketing about how it's all American made, how it's fast, masculine and shit, stuff that wouldn't really be super compelling if an hired actor on TV said it but coming from this asshole that's super easy to hate and wrapped up in SJW lingo? You might just buy the marketing.

>said the super social Sup Forums poster

the word missing here is "conditioned"

Its almost like people are sick of cash in reboots

Watch chinks save it. They love Ford. Its not Americans just American women.

More like original Blade Runner fans realized there was no fucking need for a sequel.

What did he mean by this?

What the fuck are you on about can you just talk normally without going into shitty analogies

Diaz isn't in theaters.

That's why I'm not watching it. I'm tempted for the first time as this is the only time I've heard positive things about a rehash but old man Harrison looks fucking terrible so I'm gonna stream it for free and then buy the DVD if it's worth it.

didn't see it

user you have brain damage lmao. Get Luria'd.

It's so fucked up I think it might be true

Marketing is to society as termites are to timber frames. I think if I didn't have Adblock I'd have killed myself by now

The only lazy people were the ones who made a Blade Runner sequel instead of something worthwhile.

(U)

Harrison seriously needs to stop fucking acting. He is just an asshole and doesnt even try anymore so he ruins whatever he is in, he doesnt give a fuck if he ruins a movie as long as he gets paid.

Do you want to retire or not asshole.

GitS had faster pacing, more action, felt more like a movie general audiences would enjoy yet it flopped harder.

Guess you can never know. I'm sad it flopped because it was a risk to make.

Holy shit, like clockwork the shills amass

You faggots are so obvious

But you can still get everything online

Pretty sure it was independently funded and shot over seas. Notwithstanding the director being Canadian.

why is there such a huge media campaign to destroy this movie in america but nowhere else?

who is paying off all the review sites here since their 180 from literally every other country on the planet./

Watch it u faggot.
Harrison ford makes an appearance after the 2h mark. The story is focused on Goose

But I liked it and I'm INFP.

It's how Eli Roth convinced so many people to see the Green Inferno

>has to samefag to make it seem like he said something smart
>couldnt stop himself from dropping a retarded analogy, again
Dude get head checked srs.

>Very slow pacing
I quite liked this about the movie.. it was a very slow burn in a unique world.. something we don't get very much in films. This is a perk

>Obvious reveals
That's be real, most most movies have obvious reveals.. not every movie has to have a shocking twist.. this doesn't make the movie shit though

I don't see this.. a lazy person or low iq one will get lost very quickly in this film

Also unrelated to the film itself but,
>Advertised itself as an action thriller
Blame Jews for this one

What's his first name? I'll check him out. I've been meaning to get into higher level stuff for a while now. Good a place to start as any.

I thought it was paced perfectly but then again I think that most blockbusters are way too fast-paced. This was the perfect action film for people who don't want too much explosions and shooting. Something like "Escape from New York", which also was very well paced..

That's why I put the "~"

Your close enough famalam

Or not enough time to watch a 3 hour movie.

It is a Nolanesque pretentious piece of shit, and you can feel the contempt for Blade Runner, noir detective movies and sci-fi in general leaking through every scene (just like in Nolan's Batman). The sad thing is the director probably thinks he's Tarkovski, when in reality he belongs in the same category as capeshit directors like Nolan, Snyder and Bryan Singer.
It will be forgotten faster than the Power Rangers movie.

>Obvious reveals
Not that obvious.
This is completely false, a lot of things are either subtle or not explained at all , just left to the imagination.
>inb4 bitching about flashbacks
The one actually made sense for us to see how K realized who the child was.

Lav Diaz.

Probably Jews since this appeals to the Anglo sensibility

BvS and Bladerunner waifu are proof that the audiences are getting to used to exposition and handholding (and I believe br had too much), this isn't about intelligence, /r9k/ memes or liberals, this is about an industry that turned movies into cookie cutter products from capeshit to Oscar bait the most inoffensive and easy to digest shit is the way to go

I agree it was slow paced but it wasn’t “Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy” levels of slow. It was actually about the same feeling as watching Nightcrawler. Long buildup to intense moments and then long buildup again.

The reveal is obvious if you’re paying attention. The character thinks he could be human but he clearly reads raw DNA quickly, survives getting smashed through a wall, and shoots 3 people in 1 second. It’s clearly shown he’s not human at all.

nah it's only worth seeing in the cinema and then never watching it again, you've got it backward.

I don't think somehow it was his idea to come back and his performance was the best in the film aside from his daughter.

I get what you meant user.

Mad Max Fury Road is perfect example. They didn't get feminism points by saying it was feminist, they got people feminists hate to denounce the movie (which no one had seen) so they got a bunch of women to go see (and endlessly praise) an action movie.

>and you can feel the contempt for Blade Runner, noir detective movies and sci-fi in general leaking through every scene
kek you could not be more wrong

This film was phenomenal and I don't care what the fuck you pretentious shitbags say

People clapped at the end so go and fuck yourself

Cool, thanks.

Turns out there are at least two people on this site who are functionally literate and don't struggle with abstraction

The reason I didn't watch it yet (going to pirate it when a rip comes out) is due to its ridiculous budget. Not going to support a Hollywood production, no matter how good it is, if it has cancerous financials hidden behind it.

>survives getting smashed through a wall, and shoots 3 people in 1 second. It’s clearly shown he’s not human at all.
He doesn't think he's human he thinks he's born. Doesn't mean that he wouldn't have replicant traits.

>advertised as an action thriller
How is that a bad thing? It probably helped make a couple thousand stray normies buy the ticket, and the fans of the original/anyone who knows what kind of films Denis makes will know what to expect when walking into the theater.

so americans really do clap at the threater

this was in Britain, and it was the first time I'd seen people clap for a film

It was a sarcastic spoof.
Say what you want about the original Blade Runner, but it respected the genre(s) and looked up to the classics. This did not.

>tfw too intelligent for kino

An actual movie that requires you to think and doesn't pander to the dumb fucks who like to pretend they are actually smart aka inception flops in America?!. Color me surprised.

BR2049 has none of the quotable dialogue of the original.

I didn't like Harrison in this at all desu

What evidence do you have to support your claim?

I'm surprised. This movie is hugely pleb pandering unlike the original. The original's themes were very subtle and its plot, while simple, allowed for those themes to be explored fully without shoving it in your face. Here they out right state the concepts and ideas they are referencing removing any subtlety or ingenuity to them, and also not allowing the audience to think about them at all.

This. Saw it three time, will see at least one time more

I liked inception tho

why are foreign box office sales taking so long to update

Movie was actually good so yes

There is nothing wrong with liking inception but a lot of people like inception because it made them feel "smart" despite the fact that it was pretty basic.

Cells.

So there's no plans to ban these shills then I guess?

please ban the roastie internet enforcers, they're shitting on the movie with inane bullshit because it upset queen anita

stop defending soulless remakes

Cells interlinked within cells interlinked

>soulles remakes
>has more soul than the original

damn..

>has more soul than the original
Gosslin is incapable of showing soul. He makes Harrison Ford look like a good actor and like he's actually trying.

>the leads are Canadian and Cuban
>the director is French Canadian

>newsites must follow one strict orthodoxy or else they're not legitimate

Newsflash dipshit, they tend to accept opinion pieces with differing views

Interlinked.

a) You can't capture the retarded market outside of the USA because 1) no explosions 2) no huge amounts of exposition to explain everything before and after said exposition (not saying this doesn't have it, but not as heavy handed as any other large performer in non-USA markets)
b) Hard to dub\subtitle for the shits in non-USA, not to get things literally lost in translation or metaphorically

c) You can't hold the USA and non-USA market's ADD addled kiddies who have been conditioned for the last 15 years of 1-2 second quick cuts and other horseshit
It's a 3 hour movie. People have the attention span of a fucking fly

There's a reason Sup Forums runs around declaring things 'kino' and 'patrician tier'. This movie won't entertain plebs. THe reason patricians are who they are is because they are a small minority. So yes: the patrician tier entertainment should not do well with the unwashed mass of plebs. Dumb but energetic capeshit is for plebs.

The only drawback to this movie was it already had a really long runtime but it still feels like both wallace and joi didn't get enough screentime and the actual plot was really thin with a lot of unexplored loose ends. Also the way the plot circled back to a minor character felt like a random choice made because they couldn't think of anything better to do.