When your glasses are the same cost as your phone

youtu.be/h7H-_8UkmFU

Must suck. My prescription glasses only cost around $40.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uy-kjqbYO6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much does a toilet cost?

Defo less than you glasses.

>implying I need glasses
>implying 40 dollars isn't a month's paycheck for you

Bruh if your fucking medical expenses kill you, I can understand you not wanting to be poor.

How does freedom taste?

You live in India....

And?

>>Germany is the largest national economy in Europe, the fourth-largest by nominal GDP in the world, and fifth by GDP (PPP).

I get two free pairs of designer glasses every year

Can someone do this style but for Jewish owned media and business organisations.

You get the eye exam and demand the prescription, then you order glasses online for as low as $8 shipped.

Only people who don't bother to shop around end up paying as much as this video implies.

I have a job so insurance paid, I paid little to nothing

My glasses were about 100 with an eye exam.

>tfw recently started using contacts

how?

worth the switch?

I like it. I like having the option and I can enjoy sports again.

Dear god yes.

My confidence exploded after I started wearing contacts a few months ago.

Do you seriously need to remove your glasses to feel good about yourself?

I'm getting LASIK

Don't you hate it when you hear childish shit like this? I mean, I get it. Contacts are... convenient. (Maybe?) and they don't fall off your face.

But is that seriously a noteworthy factor in your "self-esteem"?

That guy is probably some sort of cuck, plus, you have to stick your fingers into your eyes to put on contacts.

I have a $500 pair of D&G glasses, I know my (((optometrist))) probably made a hefty profit. I've had them for like 6 years though and put new lenses in them 4 times. If you are going to wear that shit on your face and everyone is going to see it, might as well make sure they look good.

Wear contacts 6/7 days of the week anyways

Not that user but he probably gets them from Specsavers or something with insurance or medicare

Only use acuvue oasys and before you put in your contacts wash your hands but don't dry them or you'll get micro fuzzles and dust on the lense. Most eye doctors don't even know that and will hand you a paper towel. Oh shit, 1 other thing, make sure the eye doc rinses the contact off before giving it to you or it will burn for a minute or 2, they come shipped in salt water, my doc didn't do that either.

Those 2 things took years to figure out but theres a huge difference makes wearing contacts 10x better

Free
My health insurance pays for them

I get free glasses because I work for an F100 company.

I didn't watch the video, but my glasses are like 80 dollars, including the appointment to the optometrist. I also picked some overly priced numale faggot frames. I regret it now but honestly I can't find any decent looking ones.

My last pair of glasses cost me around £300 - £150 for the lenses and £150 for the frames.

In the long run, getting laser eye surgery would probably be cheaper than wearing glasses, but I'm paranoid about the complications.

I can't wear contacts anymore. After a few hours, it starts burning and slipping on the eye instead of just staying in place. I stopped wearing them.

I feel you. As far as I know, it's a bad idea unless your sight is so bad any complication could't make it worse. And most of the time it's irreversible.

Everything in USA is a rip off. I'm not that surprised but it's good to know.

Never fucking link to CollegeHumour again or I'll kick your ass

I've tried to switch to contacts twice now to escape the nerdy stigma but I just can't do it.

I don't know how it is over there, but typically the ones in our shopping centres are free

these were $5, get fucked sheeple

My welfare glasses were free and they work the same

why do people go for expensive frames?

Used to happen to me too I couldn't wear them for more than 10 hours or I'd start getting headaches and the lenses would get blurry.
The pair I have in right now I've been wearing for like 12 days straight without taking them.

Just give acuvue oasys a chance and don't dry your hands, guarantee it will be better than what you experienced

My frames are made in Holland, so I doubt they are Luxotica. My last pair were made in Japan.
Shit is expensive though, especially with my prescription. Add in anti-reflective polymer scratch resistant lenses and it costs me about $900 for a complete set of glasses.
They're on my face every waking minute of the day so I think it's worth getting the best I can.

>avoided getting prescription glasses due to what I heard from friends and how much they spent on corrective lenses
>learned about America's Best Eyeglasses
>tfw picked up two pairs at America's Best for $70 with free eye exam
>everythings so clear now
Don't take the extra options and coatings, that's how they joo you

Why not just do the laser surgery? How much would that cost?
> costed 900€/ an eye
> lasted 20 mins
> basically painless
> 5 year warranty that if eyes' sight starts to diminish again, I'll have another surgery for free
> done in Germany, by Germans
> mfw in Nordic countries the price was at least double three years ago

I am sure those things look nice with your fedora, four-eyes.

SAVAGE DUTCHMAN

What was your prescription before getting laser eye surgery?

I am kind of sorry though, I'm sure is a nice guy looking for bargains

Yeah those are nerd glasses man.

Monopoly is the ultimate goal for all private companies. For any other references, see Bayer-Monsanto, Unilever, Exxon, Clear Channel,...oh wait, aren't monopolies a communist thing ?

You sound like a friendly toothpaste engineer

-4,5 in both eyes + -075 astigmatism in both.
Both got fixed in the same price

You need a stable prescription and in some cases it's simply not possible, and repeated laser surgeries will eventually be impossible since there won't be enough left to reshape

Another option that's more easily available is having artificial lenses put into your eye, but there's a risk of going blind if you take a particularly strong hit to the head or get hit directly in the eye

$400!? My glasses are designer and they were £20. Americans are being played.

>Can't afford/don't have access to laser surgery.
Topkek

nuff said

>something covered by insurance costs a lot of money
WOW, PLEASE TELL US MORE FUNNY AND WISE FEMALE COMEDIAN

desu, everyone that I know to have get their eyes fixed haven't needed to redo the surgery (whether it's more than 5 or 10 years).
However, as you said, not everyone's eyes are eligible for a prescription. In that case I'd recommend the contact lenses (if you even can use them it that kind of case).

Besides in 10 year period, you'll probably change the glasses three times + a possible extra pair. Dunno if In Ozzieland they cover them in health insurances, but in Europe not a single health insurance provider covers cost of our glasses.

Always got mine for free from the gubiment then stopped wearing them

>go to optometrist
>Get free test because repeat customer
>Pay £30 for new lenses and £70 for decent frames
>Good for another 5 years

I only updated this year because I managed to break my last pair, that i'd had since I was about 14. I've since repaired then and reused the frames

Alright, I'll try it. I won't able to get back here and tell you how good they are, but if they are as awesome as you said, maybe I'll be wearing contacts again next month. I miss contacts too much

So poor people are mad because companies do business like they've done forever?
>tfw this retardation almost put a crack in my 500$ Oakley's

Because Frames like everything now have been turned into a cosmetic item that people judge you over, just like clothes people want the best designer labels.

Our consumerist society cons people into thinking they need to use their frames to express their individuality.

people buy 500 dollar glasses?

I get a free pair every year because of muh insurance.
I dont even use all of them but I get them anyway.

There's eyebuydirect and zenniptical for cheap made in china stuff but they look kinda shit.

Mykita glasses are beautiful but cost like £500 and they are kinda impossible to buy.

My dream is to make one of those Chinese companies but with actual nice designs but it's always going to be a dream.

>crack
>oakleys
impossible

youtube.com/watch?v=uy-kjqbYO6E

and your health insurance costs how much?

I pull off glasses while being a huge nerd by being charismatic. I'm leading my physics study group and legitimately had a 9/10 tell me she could listen to me bang on about relativity and the like all day because I can talk about physics well.

Just get decent frames and don't be an autist.

They are getting rid of aquavue oasis, but bauch and lomb ultras ard even better.

They have recently released Oasys dailies now though.

As a glasses-wearer I want to watch this but holy HELL is this fucking cancer. Why is it so unfunny and forced? Just shut the fuck up and get to the point.

My glasses cost $200 AFTER insurance covered most of it. Special prescription. But I don't give a fuck honestly. I get like one pair a year... and it's on my face 16 hours a day. I'll pay for quality. I can live without a new phone every year, but I need the glasses. Priorities. I bet these losers spend more than that on concert tickets and other bullshit.

God if the video wasn't so horrible I might have watched more of it. blah blah monopoly, forced jokes, unfunny millenial humor, glasses as fashion... Fucking cancer.

I'm not letting some kike who bj'd his way through medschool shoot a laser into my eye. I'll wait for the tech to improve.

On the bright side we have much more nice looking frames now, thanks to hipsters. Feels good not looking like a nerd anymore.

You can blame high prescription prices on the same company that makes sunglasses so expensive: Luxottica.

They have a practical monopoly on Eyewear. They own the largest brands, stores, and optician offices in the US. They charge a 1000% markup on most products simply because they can.

do this

So has anyone tried suing them for violation of antitrust law? I get that they're a monopoly, we have a lot of those. So either make a company that can compete or get the gummint to come in.

Government has to step in. Everyone that has tried to compete has been crushed.

Oakley tried to fight them off 10 years ago. Luxottica pulled Oakley sunglasses from their Sunglass Hut stores, Oakley stock price tanked, then Luxottica bought Oakley for pennies on the dollar.

Mine are from zenni optical and are cheap enough I consider them disposable. I buy identical pairs and frequently break them but I always have another pair in reserve.

I've considered getting the surgery but I like have eye shields all the time.

I just grab a random pair that'll work and buy that, they're usually £40-£50. I guess they weren't far off the phone mark since it cost about £75 for that too.

Just ordered two pairs of glasses for $90, which includes shipping, a few days ago. Nice ones too, with high index blue filtering lenses because I'm a wagecuck in front of a computer all day.

Got them from zenni optical. This is common for Americans, very few people are paying hundreds for glasses, everyone orders online or has insurance pay.

>How does freedom taste?

For you, like water full of cholera and rotting corpses

>India
>And?

It doesn't rain human shit anywhere else in the world.

200 with eye exam, fucking morons

maybe try getting them at jcpenney