Red Hood & The Outlaws #6 Preview

Hot

Five bucks say they will be a couple within six issues

Nice, thanks user.
When will this be released though?

Next Week

Red Him/Red Her OTP.

The chemistry between them is incredible

Can Jason's pelvis even survive an Amazon's snu snu?

He better be

The covers see a lot more fun than the book itself.
I would totally read a series about these guys getting into absurd shenanigans like this.

Why do they work so well when they're being written by Lobdell?

Before Lobdell was trying to prop up Red Hood with other b-list characters. He's doing the same thing again here but he's using C/D-listers, so nobody cares. The book is still trash.

Your obsession with this book is pretty creepy, "user".

Honestly one of the best rebirth books.

Man I'm so glad this book is actually good, I just hope Lobdell can keep it consistently good

They're both seen as "knockoffs" of their respective trinity members and want to get out from beneath Wondy/Bats shadows respectively.

They have similar morals and goals, none of the whiny "oh no we can't do that!" Drama BS that happens in other books, there's no stupid ethics debate every other issue.

Artemis and Jason are both problem solvers, and the chemistry they have interacting with each other, Bizarro, and Black Mask is a refreshing change from the status quo.

If the ever get out of Gotham, it'll be nice to have a pair who don't agonize one bit over putting a bullet in the bad guy and moving on.

When they finally meet the trinity their interactions will be even more fun to witness. Jason is actually in bruce's good graces at the moment for freeing the mayor and sticking to nonlethal methods, the two of them keeping Artemis and Diana away from the other's throat will be fun. Bizarro sees supes as role model/possible father figure, seeing how he handles essentially a little kid who can level city blocks accidentally will be interesting especially since he's got a kid of his own now.

I hope bizarro and kid-supes get to meet and get along well

goddamn Soy is doing some seriously great work

I don't know how i feel about Jason and Artemis becoming a couple. It'd be more ammunition for the Wonderbat shippers.

Thankfully he'll be back with issue 9 and not leaving the book.

Preview looks great, can't wait.

I see them more like compromises, like instead of the main heros geting together it's their ccounterpart/sidekicks getting together instead while they have their own love interest

Dark Trinity. Shipping. Literally Bad Boy Batman and Bad Girl Wonder Woman.

Even back in the New 52 run people were praising the character interactions.

nice

>Don't sweat is, Black Mask. I was never that into you.

Oh, Scott, you trolling scamp.

Should I read Red Hood/Arsenal?

I think it's pretty fun. It managed to make me not hate Joker's Daughter, which is no mean feat.

Does anyone else feel like Red Hood was neutered ever since New 52 started and has never really recovered?

When he first came back, he walked the line between anti-hero and villain, which is what made his interactions with the rest of the bat-family somewhat interesting, but now he's just an edgy hero who acts "cool". There's nothing he does in his own series that Batman couldn't do himself considering he's decided to give up killing. They try to justify it by saying he can infiltrate the underground components of crime, but bruce does that all the time with personas like Matches. I just don't see the purpose of his character at this point aside from nothin peronnel kid.

Not really, no.

Pre 52 Jason got screwed immediatly after UTRH when writers decided that the answer to the question "is killin criminals bad?" Was "Yes now let's have him torture people in the sewers,harassing and whining at the batfam in a silly outfit while balding",new 52 brought him back to that middle line while giving him a direction that wasn't completely unlikable,Jason resisting his inner urge to kill and hold ups about the past and moving on.Jason getting slowly redeemed was the best role he's played in years

>Jason getting redeemed
Edgy.

What's edgy about it?

Pretty much this. Pre-n52 Jason was a mess because the writers were determined to show that he was "wrong" and Batman was "right".

N52 has given him his own book and a status quo which stopped the writers from playing him around. And Rebirth continues this by finding a balance on what worked in pre and post n52.

>Edgy
I really don't think you even know what this word means.

Is this any good? I'm a bit behind and catching up on a rebirth stuff. I enjoyed the precious redhood and the outlaw books. Will I like these?

It's much better than his previous runs IMO. I'd say check it out.

I refuse to acknowledge anyone getting together with Artemis except for Diana.

all I want is this Dark Trinity to meet the real Trinity to meet the Chinese Trinity
real Trinity War
who can round out Damian/Jon's trinity?

>who can round out Damian/Jon's trinity?
Wonder Girl.

isn't she a little old?
if anything she's be in Tim/Kon's 3

An age-mismatched Trinity wouldn't be that bad.

.....I thought Wonder Girl was Cass

That is a flashback from the Smallville comic. The only Wonder Loli is Diana in the past.

Circe's daughter Lyta

I'm not familiar with her.

Doesn't he have accelerated helping from the Lazarus pit? If so he should be finee.
If hes willing to let bizarro ragdoll him for a good half hour like it showed us in one of the past issues I think he'll be good with Amazonian superpoon

>who can round out Damian/Jon's trinity?
Lyta, maybe. Though I guess you could have Cassandra Sandsmark as sort of the babysitter figure. I mean, she isn't doing anything right now, so why the hell not.

I don't think Damian and John need a Trinity as of now. I think supersons will be a good enough team dynamic with their characters for now. I think they could mesh well with a character like Cass or someone similar to her or like Artemis (but without the heavy age difference)

This comic made me like, Jason.

Only if is Superbro the Superman

This.
Funnily enough the first RHATO made me hate Jason to begin with

What is this. It's amazing.

>tfw DC quietly recognizes Post-Crisis Batman as the defining Batman by having him be the prominent and swooping figure in the image.
>tfw Keaton and Afleck Bats and Terry.

Yeah, and I find it hilarious they make a good couple for some of the same reasons I like WonderBats. Though the snark here is far better, obviously.

>,new 52 brought him back to that middle line while giving him a direction that wasn't completely unlikable,Jason resisting his inner urge to kill and hold ups about the past and moving on.Jason getting slowly redeemed was the best role he's played in years

They turned into a fucking magical ninja destined to save the world from true evil and he kept killing without giving any fucks.

Nu52 did shit for the character. Rebirth is the one making him actually try to redeem himself.

It's from Arkham Knight: Genesis I think.

You are wrong, and the N52 RHATO is still canon anyways

No user is right. 52 RHaTO was objectively awful, and did nothing for Jason. While it may still be cannon, the Rebirth series blows the 52 series out of the water.

Nah, N52 was the best Jason had been since UTRH, RH/A was better tho

>N52 was the best Jason had been since UTRH

user, that bar is lower than the Mariana Trench. Pre Flash point Jason was beyond awful, but that doesn't make Nu52 series magically great.

Daughter of Circe and Ares

She really is an archer?

>That look of terror on Steve's face
Never gets old

Is this actually good guys? or am I being memed on

It has characters like Artemis, Bizarro and Black Mask who no one really cares about so who cares when Lobdell does whatever he wants with them

It's actually pretty decent, the characters have great chemistry, the story has a decent pace, and all of the characters are really likable, give it a shot

will do, thanks user

Next issue when?

>tfw everyone is going to call DKR Bats Afleck Bats from now on

That's the BvS version of the Iron Bat.
Its Affleck

On Wednesday, user.

>destined to save the world from true evil
That was Tynion which was ignored by Lobdell.

I don't remember anyone complained about Dick being super special spy in Grayson. So, why some of you are triggered by him being a magic ninja? I actually think it has given him his own unique style and I wouldn't mind to see all caste back.

>I don't remember anyone complained about Dick being super special spy

It wasn't that he was super special it was that he was very competent. Jason magically chosen/ destined to save the world. They're completely different reasons.
And you can't say that Tynion doesn't count because of reasons if 52 RHaTO is cannon. I know it triggers you DT, but the allcaste was a terrible idea and Tynion was only the final nail in the coffin.

>DT
Who?

>It wasn't that he was super special it was that he was very competent. Jason magically chosen/ destined to save the world. They're completely different reasons.
Jason was TRAINED by All caste. He didn't just wake up someday and suddenly got stronger. Also, Ducra decided to trained under Talia request and because she wanted to gelp him, not because he was chosen.

And Tynion doesn't count because Lobdell was the one who created All caste and he still in RHATO while Tynion isn't.

>I don't remember anyone complained about Dick being super special spy in Grayson. So, why some of you are triggered by him being a magic ninja?
Because double standard obviously.

Definitely agree with you guys.

New 52 was a good thing for Jason and Rebirth was even better for him.

>not calling him Batfleck

>Jason was TRAINED by All caste. He didn't just wake up someday and suddenly got stronger.

He was trained for one single miserable year and was better than the monks that were trained for years, including his masters.

The All-Caste was a terrible idea that only made the character more embarrassing.

Nu52 sucked. It reduced Jason Todd into a cool guy with guns that kills and doesn't care about anything. Not even the idea that they were outlaws was explored. They'd simple go around killing people and leave without anyone pursuing them. Hell, not even Batman cared anymore during the cross-overs.

Only Rebirth is showing Jason as someone who regret his past actions and is trying to redeem himself and work by Batman's rules again. It's a much more compelling characterization than the shallow one from Nu52.

>He was trained for one single miserable year and was better than the monks that were trained for years, including his masters
Where it was stated that he is better than his teachers? And what if he was? A Student who surpass his teachers isn't unrealistic concept. Heck, all of Dick stories are about how much better than Bruce he is. So, why it's triggering you again?

>Nu52 sucked. It reduced Jason Todd into a cool guy with guns that kills and doesn't care about anything.

If you believe that, then you didn't read the book.

Jason avoided killing as much as he could and the last arc was all about him worrying for Roy and Kori.

>Only Rebirth is showing Jason as someone who regret his past actions and is trying to redeem himself and work by Batman's rules again.

That characterization has been part of Jason's character since the N52, the only difference is that Lobdell is putting it front and center now for the benefit of people like you that can't or won't bother to read between lines.

>They'd simple go around killing people and leave without anyone pursuing them
They killed crimnals, actually saved many innocent lIves and helped the heroes many times. They aren't villains, they are antiheros who willing to cross the line.

>Only Rebirth is showing Jason as someone who regret his past actions and is trying to redeem himself and work by Batman's rules again
Dude, Jason has been respecting Batman's rules to not kill anyone in Gotham since N52 when his relationship with Bruce got better. It's not something new and Jason is going to continue with his methods once he leaves Gotham.

>dat cleavage

>Where it was stated that he is better than his teachers? And what if he was? A Student who surpass his teachers isn't unrealistic concept.

Ducra accepted him because she sensed there was something in him and he was the first student in a thousand years to pass a big test, a test that previously killed all the others. He also was trained for only one yeah yet surpassed them.

Go check the first arc.

>If you believe that, then you didn't read the book.
>Jason avoided killing as much as he could and the last arc was all about him worrying for Roy and Kori.

He didn't avoid killing shit. He only tried not to kill while in Gotham, but everywhere else the entire team would kill people without giving a single fuck.

>That characterization has been part of Jason's character since the N52

No, it hasn't. In the Nu52 series he didn't cared about Batman's opinion, Gotham affairs or even his past actions. He thought his actions were just and his revenge righteous. And again he kept killing without giving a fuck.

It's only in Rebirth that he feel sorrow for what he did and is aiming to redeem himself not only in his eyes, but Batman's opinion.

Totally different characterizations.

>They aren't villains, they are antiheros who willing to cross the line.

I never said they were villains, just that Jason wasn't aiming to redeem himself in the previous series and that he killed without caring.

>Dude, Jason has been respecting Batman's rules to not kill anyone in Gotham since N52 when his relationship with Bruce got better.

It doesn't matter one bit when he kept killing everywhere else and even killed some while in Gotham. Also him patching up with Batman during Death of the Family cross-over was pure cope-out. Batman only patched things up with him because he was attacked and hurt by the Joker. Not other reason was giving. Jason kept carrying his murderous after that.

If Jason continue killing people that his development here means nothing and the character is nothing but some Punisher wannabe.

Batman should never accept someone in his family that kills people systematically.

The fact that James Tynion tried to justify Red Hood inclusion in the BatFamily during BATMAN AND ROBIN: ETERNAL by showing Batman talking to Damian that Red Hood was important because he was willing to cross a line Batman couldn't was pure bullshit and something done just because fans want to see all the boys together and of course Jason has to be there even if he's a killer that should be hunted by the BatFamily.

Seriously, Red Hood should either be a Punisher wannabe that is shun by the BatFamily or a anti-hero that is trying to fall in line and thus accepted back by the BatFamily. One or the other. Both can't happen without damaging Batman's character and the entire mythos.

I wish something new would happen. Slow as fuuck

>Ducra accepted him because she sensed there was something in him
She sensed that he was dead, was put in the pit and that he's really angry. She wanted to help him out.

And for the last time, why it's triggering that he was a special student?

>just that Jason wasn't aiming to redeem himself in the previous series and that he killed without caring
He spared that Chinese lady many times until she pissed him off. He spared JD and many others too. He kills to protect and save lIves.

And what about the concept of Antihero you don't understand? They unpredictable and you can't tell when they will decide to spare someone or kill them which what makes them different from heroes.

Jim Gordon is a police officer who shoots criminals in the line of duty all the goddamn time.

Wonder Woman is an Amazonian princess who hacks monsters, gods, and people to death with swords in Greek fashion.

Green Lantern kills aliens all the fucking time

Bruce doesn't trust himself to cross the line and kill but it's not like he's never worked with somebody who's perfectly fine doing it. As of Rebirth the rule is no killing in Gotham or he'll come after Jason, there's no reason for Bruce to get mad at Jason for shooting some middle eastern warlords or drug dealers or asian crime bosses like he's done in the past with the Outlaws.

>No, it hasn't. In the Nu52 series he didn't cared about Batman's opinion

>He thought his actions were just and his revenge righteous.

Whatever you say user, whatever you say

>If Jason continue killing people that his development here means nothing and the character is nothing but some Punisher wannabe
You know nothing about the punisher if you think Jason is his wannabe.

And what kind of stupid logic is that? It's like saying that Batman and Superman are always a heroes so there's no development for them.

>Batman should never accept someone in his family that kills people systematically
Batman has given Jason a free pass since pre-n52 and started to accept and understand Jason's methods in n52 which is a good development for Batman and Jason helped the batfamily whenever they asked for his help.

And Jason never stopped being a family to Bruce and was always a son to him. So, there's no "batman just accepted him in his family" because he never was rejected by him.

Literally every cape character are treated as special in their own books, but Jason being pushed in his own is a big no-no to some fans just because.

Like it was said before, it's double standard.

But anyway, the preview is great and I'm looking forward to see what will happen.

Wingman was cool. Wish we saw more of him. How many issues of RHATO dealt with that?

Just that page because it was hard to fit him with RHATO's continuity.