For me? It's the Akira class

And you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aBwGMGSU_Z8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dont have autism, you have to ask your question using words.

Archer Class. It's like the Star Trek version of Serenity.

*kitbashes your fleet*

CANON

I don't watch Star Trek stuff anymore. Not since the JJ movies and I even tried picking it back up for the recent show, but hold fuck that was aweful. I'll finish Star Trek: Continues and anything else that production crew makes, but Star Trek is dead in ever other respect to me.

Nice blog, faggot.

A lot of these kitbashes don’t make any sense

Why are there so many damn classes of Federation skyships?

Does that have a crew of 10?

For me it's the Luna.

Nebula class

Sure thing, kid.

Are we talking hard cannon here or are other official materials allowed?
Overall, D'deridex. It was my first Trek Shipfu.
My first direct dealing with Trek was Star Trek Armada II and when I first saw it the tutorial I fell in love with it.
If we are talking Feds, then probably also Akira or the Yeager-class that floated behind DS9 in some episodes

For me, it's the Intrepid class. The best Federation starship.

>WHHHRRRRR
>CLUNK
>whoosh
I don't care if it didn't serve any real purpose, it's a very satisfying sequence

I think the canonical explanation is because they have no currency and so Starfleet engineers and designers are primarily driven by competition with one another to come up with more specialized and unique designs. But ships following the "baseline" template of two nacelles, star drive, neck and saucer still get top priority for mass production.

Them and the Miranda/Nebula types.

say that to my rollbars fuckbar not on memory alpha and see what happens

THICC

Are ships produced and built all over the Federation?
I got the impression from the Show that Mars Fleet Yards have it monopolized and other than some top secret facilities fro R&D, no where else are ships built

It was supposed to help reduce damage to subspace after the TNG crew found out that was what warp drive was doing. Later designs supposedly incorporated engines that would minimize damage without variable geometry pylons.

>tfw no TMP era romulan designs (in b4 BoP)

J U S T

I think Utopia Planetia is just their biggest shipyard. And also where non-classified types are first christened.

Got mine off ebay for 90 bucks. Goddamn those things are getting snatched up.

I like Voyager, it has a buoyant looking shape, it's more like a boat than any other ship.

How can trek shiplets even compete?

That model was rushed, it didn't match the actual design.

I did too, despite the quality of the show. The narrow "bridge" between the drive section and the saucer section of the various Enterprises always looked fragile and made me feel uncomfortable.

I prefer the rushed design because it apes back to the original constitution class more.

Ambassador was designed before anyone knew what the Enterprise-B looked like so they just made it a cross between the A and D to serve as a bridge.

Yours looks like it was designed with the B in mind after the fact.

One thing that was great about Stargate was that they used transporters offensively.

A lovely ship, though I'm finding Voyager hard going at the mo, I really like the Intrepid class' look.

But for me, it's the Yeager.

The guy who made this recently finished modelling Voyager so expect an incredibly cinematic video of it some time in the future.

For me it's the NX class

neat given that the original Ambassador design predates B's Excelsior refit.

for the two minutes until the Wraith remember the Ancients tried to pull that shit on them before and they reactivated the countermeasures

I liked the Daedalus but I preferred the lower tech BSG approach and wish that Earth in Stargate had spent a few seasons like that. No shields, no teleporters, with some sort of transport ship and masses of fighters

the massive tech boost of the Asgard is just way too much

why does the Challenger class have such a huge fucking secondary hull

How would trek ships fare against Stargate ships?

Whatever this class is

>It was Tuesday

13 year old detected

>Ambassador was designed before anyone knew what the Enterprise-B looked
Nope.

The D's observation room has a relief of all the Enterprises that precede the D on the wall. It was decided the B would be Excelsior class from the outset, and the rough design of the C was created for that too, with the intention it's halfway between the B and D.

Ori, Ancient, Asgard, and later Earth ships would btfo them

* Ancient ships, especially if they had a full complement of drone weapons, would fuck their shit up.
* Asgard would probably also fuck their shit up too
But really, it's hard to compare. I'm mostly going off the fact that Ancients/Asgard have been spacefaring for far longer than the Federation

Vengeance. As flawed as ID was, I really wish the movies picked up on the Klingon War arc. Would've been neat to see Starfleet churn out a couple of those to serve as the spearhead against the Klingons and just annihilate the initial waves.

And even though I'm not a fan of STD, I actually dig the Shenzhou.

It looks closer to the Ambassador we got than your webm.

>no NX-01
Confirmed for not canon.

Please just stop posting, it has the exact same profile and looks nothing like the Ambassador we actually got.

This thread needs more warlock class.

Kek nice fan art.

it still kinda bothers me how that's clearly a 24th century design in what's supposed to be a 23rd century show
at least with the Discovery it kind of has a TMP-era look (which comes with it being based off 70s concept art, after all)

>Battlestar Galactica: PS2 Edition.

If we're bringing other sci-fi properties into the mix...

>it still kinda bothers me how that's clearly a 24th century design in what's supposed to be a 23rd century show
I think it's a direct evolution/offshoot of the NX, even down to the deflector. It only looks like a 24th century ship because the NX was ripped whole cloth from the Akira.

It has Sovereign class nacelles and other 24th cent. looking bits
It looks like it belongs in the First Contact fleet or fighting the Dominion, not flying around in Kirk/Spock times.

The overly busy detailing and paintjob fucking screams post-Nemesis, it looks straight out of Star Trek Online (and Mass Effect). The basic layout of it and the satellite dish reflector are the only aspects that fit timeline-wise.

Just to clarify, I do like it, it's probably my favourite bit of design in the new show. It just doesn't remotely belong when they claim it belongs.

Again, blame the NX. Its saucer design (sans windows) is very clearly 24th century. Also the nacelles on the Shenzhou aren't like the Sovereign at all other than being angular. No visible bussard collectors or blue grills.

Not an argument.

Technician: "Commander! Were picking up a cloud, a big one, measuring,...42 A.U.'s in diameter."
Adama: "Positive shield now. "Lords of Kobold help us."

>it looks straight out of Star Trek Online (and Mass Effect)
I blame that more on that more on the paint job. Those accents weren't nearly as red in the show.

Exactly, in the show I assumed they were black - a la Star Trek Online.

I'm reminded of Mass Effect because of that downward curve of that strip along the middle of the saucer. It makes it look like the Normandy flattened off a little with a saucer glued to its underside.

The NX makes up for it by having TOS nacelles complete with spinning bussards and other design choices that say "this is old"

>rewatch Dominion War episodes
>Federation ships all have TNG-style variants/designs
>rewatch First Contact
>Federation ships all have same weird nacelles, deflector dish, escape pod designs

Aren't these set in the same space of a few years? Why couldn't one special effects company share with the other?

some dummy lost the thumbdrive with all the FC computer models. not even joking.

Reminder that Daedalus-class most likely won the Romulan War.

Kirk: "Care to speculate if they're friendly or not Mr. Chekhov?"
Checkov: "I wouldn't care to answer considering how unfriendly my ancient government's official policy was with its Jewish population."
Kirk: ".......Mr.Sulu?
Sulu: "Well the Japanese government wasn't very kind to the Chinese captain."
Kirk: "communist everywhere, All Right! open a hailing frequency."

>STO
I still remember the tactical Odyssey I bought for that game. God what was I thinking... I can only imagine how many crazy designs have been added since.

>'96-'99
>some dummy lost the thumbdrive
"Not even joking", you say?

in-universe, just assume that all the cutting edge ships are kept close to home, like how excelsior used to just chill in earth spacedock

Where did you get this model?

moar like uss faggot amirite

After the Borg encounter Starfleet completely changed its design philosophy and priorities.
Dominion War was just a good excuse to get rid of the old models.

Gee, Prometheus. How come Starfleet lets you have four nacelles?

Everyone's happy to see a runabout. I mean look at it it's the best. It's the best. It's number one. It's number one. It's always number one. It's the best. It's the best star ship. It's the gleaming gold-pressed latinum standard against which all small star ships must be measured. Utopia Planitia made so many of them that the prices stay low so anyone can own one and they're the best. They're number one. You fly a runabout because you want the best and you deserve the best. Only the best will do. We're the best. It's the best star ship. You root for the Comets you love the boys #1. You get Romulan Ale. That's the best synthehol. That's the best synthehol. I have the best star ship. You put on Aktuh and Maylota at every party I mean really who's gonna complain about Keedera? You make posts commemorating Bajorans I mean who would down vote that? BABY HOLOS, BABY HOLOS, LOTS OF BABY HOLOS. CESTUS COMETS BAJORAN RESISTANCE PROJECT PATHFINDER baby holos KLINGON OPERA DANUBE CLASS RUNABOUT My heart goes out to the victims of RGHGHGH. THE BEST.

I didn't, it's not released by Eaglemoss yet. It's going to be bigger than their usual models though, about 8 inches.

It's glorious. They have some good designs.

Incorrect, the best is the Type 6 shuttle. They're so cute.

Just look at these baby starships, peeking out from their mother's pouch

u wot m8?

The USS Volga? More like the USS Vulgar. So lewd, so indecent, casually exposing its delicate innards like that. Runabouts have no shame. No shame.

Runabouts are pretty much space RVs.

The one on the right looks better. The stardrive on the left is all gross and deformed and shit.

where the fuck is this from?

the uss andy dick
youtu.be/aBwGMGSU_Z8

Voyager

Where the fuck are YOU from?

It's direct predecessor - The NX class

Why do the nu-trek idiots love having holes in the saucer? It's ugly, serves no purpose and wastes useful space. Still, at least the Vengance saucer didn't fucking spin.

But it looks so happy

:D