Why does there seem to be a scarcity of horror films...

why does there seem to be a scarcity of horror films, despite the fact that they're cheap to make but make tons of money? i thought the industry is all about minimizing risk these days

because you're retarded

There is a new Saw movie coming out soon called Jigsaw. Go fuck yourself.

I'm currently writing a horror script right now. I'll reignite the genre for you.

>a scarcity of horror films
one is released every 5 seconds on VOD nigga what's wrong with you

because real life is horrifying enough already

>scarcity of horror films
you should go look at a redbox sometime

I don't think you're paying attention to what's coming out is the problem

After watching all the F13s, I think it's a missed opportunity that they didn't (and don't) churn out the same shit over and over again but with different characters. That worked for 4 movies, then they took Jason out of the picture, then they started to go fucking nuts with plots: Jason's a zombie, psychokinetic protagonist, Jason goes to NYC, Jason's demon heart can body jump. Just put some entertaining people in a fucking cabin and let him loose. Throw 20 million at it like they did with the remake and rake in a few times that. Make the next one take place in the Winter if you want to shake things up. If they go with the whole "Jason's dad" thing, it's one more step in a bad direction. They remade Saw 7 times and Paranormal Activity 3 times and people kept going to see it. What the fuck is stopping them?

This but OP obviously means theatrical releases. And even then we get plenty of them. The Conjuring series and its various spinoffs plus sleeper hits like Lights Out. It's only been a couple years since all the Paranormal Activity clones stopped getting theatrical releases and started going VoD.

>it's a missed opportunity that they didn't (and don't) churn out the same shit over and over again but with different characters.
So you mean literally the horror genre from the 70's to the mid 90's?

I'm talking specifically the F13 movie series, which stopped doing that in 1984. Every one after followed the same formula to a degree, but they kept throwing some big dumb change that rarely ever worked. I'm saying just keep churning out Jason-kills-THESE-people-now movies and it will be a long time until it becomes financially irresponsible to keep doing it. Instead we got a kinda sorta okay remake 8 years ago and then they just sat on the property. And talk of the potential sequel involves introducing Jason's dad. I don't want to get to know Mr. Voorhees. I want to watch interesting characters get stalked by a forest retard with as creepy a tone as possible. The brand is already dumb as fuck, there's no way they could ruin it by doing this.

A new saw movie, a new chucky, a new Texas chainsaw, a new madeas boo

Am I misunderstanding you, or are you saying that you want the exact same thing, over and over again?

Plus Danny McBride and David Gordon Green's Halloween next year.

Are you forgetting that we got a new Saw and Paranormal Activity every year for close to a decade?

>ywn live in the universe where studios share IPs and we got a crossover movie where Old Ones abduct Jason, Freddy, Mike, Leatherface, Dracula, a werewolf, Frankenstein, a team of Killer Klowns, a predator, some aliens, a terminator, and Alice and make them battle it out in an arena in the Phantasm dimension.

Pretty much what they did with F13 2-3: same shit over and over again, maybe a big change that isn't so retarded as "Jason in space". I'm not saying they'd all be good, I'm just saying they'd make their money back each time.

Horror is the most plebeian genre of film.

See

Holidays on Netflix is a little creepy

The Easter Jesus bunny freaked me the fuck out

I like saw they play fun games, what are other films where they play fun games?

i just rewatched the Cube movies.
It fits I guess.

>

honestly i've already seen most movies with fun games, I doubt there are any I haven't seen aside from non-english language ones

There were loads of horror movies in theaters just a few years ago but so many of them were garbage that the genre kinda collapsed.

Is it going to be a 'serious comedy? '

It looked more like a goofy suspense thriller than a horror flick.

1. There isn't, there's just a scarcity of good ones.
2. There's a scarcity of good ones cause they're all direct to dvd budgets or made by genre directors.

Nah, it's gonna play it straight and ignore every other film in the franchise but the original.

meant for