letterboxd.com/cwbradley/film/blade-runner-2049/
letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/
letterboxd.com/Jester851/
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
mega.nz/#!3lwViACC!I7iY19LVLemV8JNZYKDigU5DDzp8JsSO-LkB2tWpiIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=djGqy7DRXNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

letterboxd.com/cwbradley/film/blade-runner-2049/

if you see some of the shit that guy actually likes when he says retarded shit like this, it doesn't bother me much

a ghost story is hipster faggot shit

letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/

the lenght of the skirt of Jenny Agutter really enhanced my experience with Walkabout

awful taste

WHat did he say

awful taste

Why do you think he considers Griffith mediocre?

because he's gay

Too boring for him. Why else do you think he only gave high scores to the epics?
Also
>these scores
Bad genes are easily identifiable from a mile away.

"I kinda liked America" -Pete the Cat

Apparently both Pete and Farre consider Griffith's biggest financial flop his second best work

Apparently both Pete and Farre consider Griffith's South Seas picture his worst work

D.W. Griffith isn't a good director

Too boring for them. Why else do you think they only gave high scores to the epics?

You're right. He's not even a director. He's the archpoet of the screen.

Too boring for them. Why else do you think they only gave high scores to the epics?

more like archreddit he's shit

Why isn't he swing the camera like a baseball bat? Why is there no plot?

Why is Griffith criticized for the same qualities Antonioni, Bresson, and Ozu are praised for?

Griffith is nothing like those three.

You're right. He's wholly superior. Actually managed to eschew most of plot and achieved true slowness.

No, I mean he moved the camera too much.

>Open up a Letterboxd account
>Took me about a month just to go through 700 movies

Didn't know opening up a account would be this annoying

Bresson > Welles > Tarkovsky >>>> Griffith

Kubrick : - ) ALL.

>Bresson
I've always found Bresson's quote "film should achieve the precision and imprecision of music" emboldening yet misleading. The prior in the sense that it's true there must be multiplicity to derived interpretation similar to jazz but his quote is misleading in the latter sense that this is more hewed from cinema's closer relationship with reality, not entirely from music. What I consider a comedically ironic accompaniment to Bresson's words is his subsequent and constant diversion from this proposed end goal. None of his works do surpass the wholly precise calculation of a Hollywood biopic like Citizen Kane. There is no interpretive truth, all meaning and events are more or less wrapped in a bow with the final credits.
With Bresson in particular, there is no range of thoughts, ideas, or emotions. It's hyper-precise content delivery with no imprecise subtext. He's intellectually humdrum and emotionally monotone. He is nothing but the empty space in a vacant room. The language of antithetical tautologies in his little authorized book are quaint and cute, but he never achieved a balance close let alone greater than that in his pictures. He belongs chiefly in the epicenter of the cinematic middlebrow. In short, his model failed. Always was a clown, always will be a clown.

where is that image from?

What people consider "cold detachment' from Kubrick is nothing but vapid fashion. Tonalities appealing to those of the most middling intelligence. There is no point to these cake layers other than glib perfunctoriness because that observation is of his reality, compiled by the pastiche of third-rate bestsellers and Eisenstenian principles, which ultimately lacks the depth and complexity of true reality; he thought he could formulate the filmic version of a get-rich-quick scheme, and he died trying.
I've always considered Ozu and Kubrick close cousins, achievement and quality notwhithstanding. They each deserve an award for the sheer breadth of their efforts in calculating superficiality.
There is no other person that has systematically set back cinema more than Stanley Kubrick.
If the cinematic realm of middlebrow had a chieftain, Stanley Kubrick, would be it, and his consolers, Ingmar Bergman(Tarkovsky) and Federico Fellini(Bresson)

Where does Flaherty rank?

>What people consider "cold detachment' from Kubrick is nothing but vapid fashion
only heartlets consider them cold and detached

Oops!

letterboxd.com/Jester851/

And brainlets consider him intelligent. Take 2001. The most simplistic piece of trite that has been misconstrued as false 'genius.' A work that can be summarized as "humanity killed itself and things were reborn anew." Everything else incumbent to showcasing special effects. It's a theme park ride of his envisioned future with the intellectual weight of such. No Griffith work could comparably be summarized in the same fashion. Neither a Flaherty. Both actually serve to challenge the viewer beyond coddling with displays of appropriated classical tunes Kubrick hoped would elevate his work beyond the middlebrow tripe it actually was.

spoken like a true brainlet

Theme park rides aren't art, sorry, Kubrick. Maybe instead of going to films, you should have went to life first.

Summarize the intellectual quandaries raised in this artistic masterwork, brainlets.

Summarize the intellectual quandaries raised in this artistic masterwork, brainlet.

bane?

caught the brainlet

baited for this exact reply

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

back to bg shitter

caught the banelet

your dancing is cute

Bresson and Ford are for nerds, why don't you watch Science Crazed instead!!!!!!!!

>A mad scientist injects a woman with an untested growth serum. She dies, but gives birth to a full-grown monster.

mega.nz/#!3lwViACC!I7iY19LVLemV8JNZYKDigU5DDzp8JsSO-LkB2tWpiIQ

>this is the intelligence of Kubrickians

Post your 2017 so far

Are you going to keep sucking up to me, boy

no

suckle suckle

>Blade Runner 2049
>5/5

Best of this decade

>Logan
>4 stars
haha

Why'd you change the list, genelet

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Logan was fun stuff user :)

FUCKING MOMMY THE OTHER BOYS MADE FUN OF ME AND YOU STILL WON'T GIVE ME MILKY WHERE IS THE FUCKING MILKY GIVE ME MILKY NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

is this the greatest ending scene of all time?

youtube.com/watch?v=djGqy7DRXNw

i used my brain and rethought some of my previous choices, i'm sorry if that bothers you

retard

Why is Intolerance number 1
>WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL WAIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING YET??? WAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
The ending to Moana and Nanook are greater than the strength of a hundred suns compared to this.

>WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL WAIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING YET??? WAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Is this the sound of megaautist trying to please his wife in the bedroom?

Caught the genelet. I can please her without moving.

Found the brainlet

Your Opinions Make Me Angry! SESAME STREET A GROWING-UP BOOK
By Anthony Best
Illustrated by Tom Cooke
Featuring Jim Henson's Sesame Street Muppets

Why do pseuds love Dimitri Kirsanoff so much. The opening to Menilmontant is stolen from one of Griffith's earlier works. Axial cuts are nothing new for 1926
>dude I'm so shocked, let me drive the point harder with this fucking hammer
they're generally the worst cuts imaginable

t. emotionlet

t. faggot

t. woman

Never tell me what to feel. That's the first step as a true artist, and most fail.

bizarre

Shit taste

Shit taste

What is all this trash doing next to Griffith?
>Dreyer
Pfffffffffttttt-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAHHHAAHAHH - OH HO HO HO OH HO HO HO OH OH HO HO HO HO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAAGHHAAHHHHAAHHAAAHHHAHAHHAHAHHHHAH!!!!

if griffith was so good then why is quentin tarantino better?

>Gance

>late Murnau

>Soviets

>Amy Schumer is in top 10 for this year
People can have opinions but this is bait

abel pants

>The General

>Caligari

>Seastrom

D.W. Griffith is cinema for people who hate cinema

D.W. Griffith is cinema for people who love cinema

D.W. Grifffith is cinema for people who hate cinema

"We do not want to be told why to feel or made to feel, we want to be shown why to feel"

why not all3

Found the brainlet

well why not?

Quality is using your brain. You should try it.

Very cop out argument

your cock is out

So many garbage "reviews" on this site
pic related

There is nothing more positively embarrassing than a toonlover.