How would Disney marvel handle this scene ?

How would Disney marvel handle this scene ?

>giant JOI hologram ad has the same exact speech
>we see the sign "Everything you want to hear/see"
>insert some comic relief moment so the audience doesn't get too sad
>K replies with "You've got to be kidding me"

Boom, a billion in the box office secured.

They would never have that scene to begin with.

>"Wait, you mean that JOI (my dead wife) was actually just following her programming and that it is ambiguous as to whether she actually loved me or not? How do I know if my newfound humanity is real or just another part of my design?"
>"No time to think too hard though. The city is about to be destroyed by a blue laser and I have to stop it."

/thread

It would be the same

That scene would not even be in the film.

Also Deckard would be the ultimate quip machine, he would call Gosling "kiddo" like fifteen times and in that Wallace scene he would just reply with "Whatever you weirdo"
Commence normies clapping and hollering in excitement

>JOI, I've come to bargain

Add a "Seriously?!?!?" before that "You've got to be kidding me" and then you really have that juicy billion normie box office secured.

>You look just like my ex-girlfriend

Haha I'm laughing already

fucking kek underrated

>>insert some comic relief moment so the audience doesn't get too sad

Probably. And it annoys me to no end. I'm so utterly sick of detached irony. What's so bad about sincerity? What's so bad about being emotional? What's so bad abkut embracing sentimentality rather than being ashamed of it?

>What's so bad about sincerity? What's so bad about being emotional?
The box office numbers.

Thise are a symptom, not the cause.

Because we all have to be happy and positive all the time, there is no space for negativity here user booyah haha cheer up buddy there is a world that needs to be saved from the endless faceless hordes of monster aliens :DDDDD

This would be how she comes back from the dead, somehow her spirit from the beyond manifests itself through the ad and shows him the way to a special memory chip she hid that lets him revive her, and she's all like "I always loved you, for real, and that love was so strong that it made me a real girl and now all the Jois are just me and I have control over the whole system, let me hack Wallace's file and we can stop his evil plan!"

And then the rebellion fights wallace with lasers and K is wounded in the battle, lies there bleeding out on the pavement and everyone's sad, but then he coughs and comes back to life and everyone cheers

Prove
Me
Fucking
Wrong

Teevee nerds told me this was the best scene of the entire film. I was disappointed. I think I might of hyped it up too much.

Good film though nonetheless

The threeway was the best scene in the film

Did you understand it?

>set up cliffhanger for sequel where K joins the replicant resistance

It is the best scene in the film

She'd be clothed

best scene was giltching vegas shootout.

>leader of resistance walks out
>it's the original "real" person JOi is based on
>"expecting someone else?"

giant pac man

best scene was K choking Luv

the whole theater was glued to screen

I guess it depends on what you value in a scene.

i have another scene i loved: when Ks vehicle was harpooned and them EMP'd, that was pretty damn neat.

to be fair. movie was filled with kino scenes.

couldn't agree more

Man that was literally my least favorite scene

But yeah this movie was shot kino as fuck

Fuck you cunts are actually funny.

I dunno if you were expecting something awesome, it's just a small moment, but this scene is really the core of the whole film. It's one of those "a picture is worth 1000 words" moments that conveys the complicated moral & spiritual ideas of the film in a single, emotionally effective image. You could write a whole essay about it. This scene elevated 2049 from "job well done" to something genuinely special.

wacky quips
group poses!
RDJ in elevator shoes
terrible prinipal photography using shitty $900 canons, interns with macbook 13 as post proc, and worse special effects.

and IDRIS ELBA

>that was literally my least favorite scene
Oh come on, it was good. When they cut to Luv getting her nails done while drone-striking the hobos, it was the only time in the whole film I laughed a little

I disliked it because while the nails thing was pretty neato it didn't really serve a purpose for the film. It was just this random thing that happens, is immediately dealt with and then promptly forgotten about.

YES

>Deckard hands Joe his old gun "You might need one of these kid!"
>some woman with makeup just like Priss' hey remember that?

She was protecting K because he's useful. How was it pointless?

I have famously huge nipples.
Cue laughter.

Because it's just this random thing that happens, is immediately dealt with then promptly forgotten about.

It has no bearing on the film before or after it's occurrence. If K just flew his car up to the orphanage, nothing would have changed about the movie.

Don't forget she either wouldn't be naked or it would be shot so we see none of it. Also the scene and plot line would have never happened to begin with.

fucking outstanding post

Was pretty fun.
>flying through what appears to be modern day San Diego but it's actually a post-apocalyptic wasteland, a giant garbage dump
>bullet outta nowhere, and then some more bullets
>then he gets hooked, crashes
>Joi announces her love for the KKK
>hobos show up to wreck the Goose's shit
>shoots them
>missiles everywhere

>random
No it's not. It's showing what a fucking wasteland the orphanage is in, plus showing K's replicant resilience and aim, plus showing that Luv is watching over K during his investigation and how heavily invested she (and therefore Wallace) are in this kid.

Joi said I love you only in her final moments. But the glitching she did in that scene you mentioned was pretty well executed "KkkK-K? kkKkkKkKK-K?"
Actually anytime anything glitches in this film it was strangely well executed, not the usual Hollywood *slow down then sped up* bullshit

>Dance off , JOi me and you

All of which were accomplished elsewhere in the film, is my point

I agree completely

It is by far the most important scene in the whole movie

underrated post

Which part of the film prior to that scene showed that the orphanage was in a wasteland and that Luv was watching over K and protecting him and showed K's shooting abilities?

It doesn't need to be prior to that scene, K's abilities are shown throughout

Luv tracking him was also throughout.

Wasteland is immediately visible as he leaves the city.

It's a fun scene but the movie would lose absolutely nothing but a fun scene if it were cut.

>best scene was K choking Luv
this is correct. the water ripples dissapearing and K staring at Luv's face is pure unfiltered kino

the hologram would turn into a buff naked black dude, cut to the protagonist looking into the camera and making a meme face

>protagonist looking into the camera and making a meme face
like 99% of the time in actual movie?