Adult Swim is testing the waters of a classic/nostalgia block

Starting January 15th, a classic Adult Swim block will begin airing in the 8 PM hour and replay at 5 AM, featuring this lineup:
8:00 PM / 5:30 AM - The Brak Show
8:15 PM / 5:45 AM - Space Ghost Coast to Coast
8:30 PM / 5:00 AM - Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
8:45 PM / 5:15 AM - Sealab 2021

In addition to this, Sundays will bring The Venture Bros. back to 11:30 PM and, sadly, Titan Maximum back to 12:30 AM where it replaces the newly returned The Boondocks (which has only aired 3 episodes).

Samurai Jack reruns also return to 8:30 PM Saturdays starting on the 14th and Space Ghost episodes in reverse chronological order going back from season 4 continue airing on weeknights at 1:15/4:45.

Other urls found in this thread:

adultswim.com/adultswimdynsched/asXml/15.EST.xml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>sadly

Hey, fuck you.

Titan Maximum is shit and it's replacing The Boondocks which just came back after like two years when it only just aired the R Kelly episode.

If the Sunday schedule was Brak -> Space Ghost -> Harvey -> Sealab -> Rick and Morty x2 -> American Dad -> Family Guy x2 -> Venture -> Supermansion -> Boondocks, it would be the best Sunday schedule they've had in the 2010s, bar none.

But where is Aqua teen? The best adult swim show of all time.

>But where is Aqua teen? The best adult swim show of all time.
It still airs two every weeknight just like it's done for the past 7 years.

*two episodes

You know I'm super excited for the fact that [AS] is finally deciding to re-air their old content that has been in the vault for ages instead of seth shit forever. Also neat seeing samurai jack come back. I kind of wish they would give toonami back their 12-6 block though so they could re-air some shows for fun. Especially with them filling their entire roster with long running animes at this point, I'd like a break and get rerun filler.

But hey you know I'll take this at the moment because this is better than the mutiple years of a stagnating schedule and the most shake up we got was moving around some Sunday shows now and again.

where's home movies?

Still waiting for super milk chan to come back
Just kidding.

Yeah and I'm waiting for shin chan to come back. Let's keep dreaming together.

In the trash where it belongs

shit taste

Now's a good time to rewatch my Adult Swim tapes i recorded circa 2002-2004

Does anyone remember that one Trigun run where the final episode didn't get played because of some bullshit alternative network scheduling? My rage and disappointment were maximum.

But is it bringing back the classic Pool bumps?

you got the mega for that?

Aren't you the one that promises to upload but never does? Fuck you.

I'm working on bringing the file size down first. The shitty tv tuner ripper I used encoded it at 6GB when it should be about 1GB. Its fucking VHS quality not blu ray

How many tapes do you have? You got a myspleen account?

I think Croker's death made Lazzo realize how much Space Ghost meant for AS

Create a torrent and upload them all to MySpleen. They thrive on high-quality TV rips with commercials and bumpers at ludicrous file-sizes.

I have 10 total, but I only have the first one captured. I dont have that computer with the TV tuner card anymore.. I bought one of those USB capture things from amazon but the quality was garbage. if you could rec me a decent usb a/v capture card I could get back to business.

also i did have an account but i forgot my username. it might have been starman. if you have an account look for an upload called something like dr seuss saturday tbs commercials 12-14-1994 and let me know the name of the uploader

acerflight37
?

cool thanks, forgot that i used that name for that site. I'll see if I can log in with that one

bingo. i'm back in the site again, thanks friend

up yours

UPLOAD PLS

>no source

Get the fuck out, OP. Get out and never return.

This is gonna get crap ratings, but I applaud them for trying it anyways.

working on it. i might run it through sony vegas and fix the audio, the capture recorded in stereo even though the tape is mono so sound only comes from one side. annoying

Backdoor schedule dumbass

WTF is that

adultswim.com/adultswimdynsched/asXml/15.EST.xml

Id on't understand why AS replays the earlier part of the bloc after 3:30am or so. Why not just put in NEW reruns?

Because west coast viewers idk?

But why the fuck did they cancel it in the first place? They never gave a proper explanation and it had by far the highest ratings out of every Adult Swim original.

ATHF was to Cartoon Network is what South Park still is to Comedy Central.

Lazzo said it was because he wanted to move on from it

To be fair, in the last season Aqua Teen was about in the middle of viewership for AS originals, averaging about 1 million.
New episodes of Rick & Morty, The Jack And Triumph Show, Robot Chicken, China, IL, Children's Hospital, Black Jesus, Squidbillies, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Decker: Unclassified, The Eric Andre Show,Neon Joe: Werewolf Hunter, YPFIGTH, and the Venture Bros all bested it in the 2015 - 2016 season.

do we still not know what shows got picked up after that pilot showcase last month?

Hopefully none of them.

The one with Keegan Micheal Keye was okay.

Was that the supervillain one?

Yeah, that was probably the best of all of them. Not great, but maybe better if they have more budget to work with. Only thing I really didn't like was the quintessential "female character is the only sane man," because I'm just tired of that, and the humor was hit-and-miss.

Yeah, that one. But then, I'm a sucker for a good Cobra Commander parody.

The Gauntlet one at least got a few chuckles out of me, and the first one with Justin Roiland was just terrible.

Gauntlet might be acceptable to me if it dropped the pop culture references every other line, and improved the animation a bit.

i think the sloppy animation adds to the charm
makes it look like the 80's shows it's mocking.
hot streets was alright for deranged inspector gadget parody

>The one with Justin Roiland
Was that Hot Streets? Because I loved Hot Streets.

its also made by the guys who made the zurtrun shorts that was on toonami years ago during a attack on titan marathon

hoping you can upload these eventually. where can I find long recordings of cartoon blocks like that?

So this is tv now? Just channels constantly reairing shit with the message of "Hey guys, remember the 90's?"

Or they are rebooting old series like Hey Arnold, Rocko, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, Kim Possible, Ducktales,

Now Adult Swim has their own Splat styled block...

Only liked Supervillains.

Gauntlet was annoying, the guy voicing the main character mumbled under his breath way too much and was barely listenable half the time.

Its almost like the entertainment industry is creatively bankrupt or something.

Don't you remember the long period of "hey guys, remember the 80's?"

that period never ends because the shitty wank for that is external apparently

Shit, political parties have formed up based around
>Hey remember how awesome the 80's were!?

I hope it's successful enough to stick around.

If they keep SGC2C on the 1:15 slot, that's all I'll need. Small victory's

>Titan Maximum

why

bump

VHS guy here. when I ran it through Vegas I was able to get the file size down to 2GB but the audio went out of sync by 3 seconds in the last hour so I'll have to fix it and try it again then upload it