Alright Sup Forums I need your help

Alright Sup Forums I need your help.

Recommend me any media where planet Earth is destroyed. Permanently.

And there is nothing to save it. No timey-wimey bullshit, or duplication, or stashing it away for later use, no cloning, no divine intervention NOTHING. Earth is destroyed down to its last particle and it is no more.

(Added bonus if humanity is completely wiped out.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dfnLa4B-Pbg
youtube.com/watch?v=rxNdJ7aC6Is
youtube.com/watch?v=52Gg9CqhbP8
bbc.com/future/story/20140105-timeline-of-the-far-future
youtu.be/SsSoV8erL8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like destroyed at the start of the story or destroyed as part of the climax? Two very different stories there.

only thing that comes to mind is Sup Forums with Saints Row 4, the earth is blown up, only 10-20 people survived because the aliens had abducted them, there IS time travel, but it seems to be fixed, they can go fuck around with people, but its always been like that. so no chance of the earth coming back. however there is a matrix style full simulation of earth (or at least one city of earth).

Either way.

But it must be irrecoverable

All I can think of is a 'humanity fuck yeah' copypasta where some aliens believe we're too dangerous and wild so they launch a lightspeed cannon shot at Earth. Through later observation they watch humanity actually drag itself into a state of actual goodness and harmony, but can't stop the bullet nor even warn humans about it before it's too late. Earth gets pulverized and human colonies in the solar system pour their entire society into revenge mode.

Titan A.E. Earth is destroyed in the opening moments. Also a criminally underrated movie.

The first panel on the first page of Shakara is the destruction of Earth. And the last human gets killed in page 2. The rest is aaaaall aliens.

SHAKARA!

Noice. Based 2000AD

There's Titan A.E but it might be cheating because they create a new earth like planet.

How about intersteller where earth becomes a hostile place and humanity is forced to leave.

It really is like a catchy tune.

Robbie Morrison is on script and Henry Flint on art duties. It's really mostly Flint's show, but the plot does have some awesome twists.

SHAKIIIIIIIIRA

Titan A.E., though humans survive and colonize a new planet.

Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy

Does it count if later on they build a new one?

No.

Earth must kill. However if the characters move to a planet that is somewhat similar to Earth I'm also interested.

There are simply not enough cartoons or even movies that obliterate the Earth, Titan AE does it extremely well.
Battle for Terra doesn't show the destruction but revolves around the last of humanity invading another planet.

I don't know if it counts but in Nemesis the Warlock, Earth is hollowed out and turned into an interstellar transit hub called Termight

there was the YA book series by the Animorphs author about colonists fleeing the destruction of Earth called Remnants
There was also superpowers and space worms or some shit
It was ok

A. C. Clarke, "The songs of distant Earth". The sun blows up, taking the earth with it. But humanity had several centuries to prepare, so they all got away in time.

Thundercats was set on Third Earth, which is a far, far future version of our own planet. I don't remember there being any humans in that series.

Shangri-La has Earth uninhabitable due to pollution, with people living on a Chinese space station that can house a city worth of people. Scientists are experimenting with antimatter energy and genetic experimentation to build a perfect human to colonize another planet. Society is kept pacified by timed releases of valued consumables like the new Chinkphone 7, but there are a bunch of rebels who don't like this.

Then things get worse.

>Termight
>Earth turned into a literal pun

bretty good. Well there is no more life on it right? Is it like a highway in Hitchhiker's?

Also

>The title character, a fire-breathing demonic alien, fights against the fanatical Torquemada, Grand Master of the Terran Empire in Earth's distant future, and his attempts to exterminate all alien life
>This art

How can american comics even compete?

Titan AE
Aliens destroy Earth in the beginning and humanity is reduced to interstellar vagabonds

>Then things get worse.

Lovely.

Any media?
Knowing (2009)- Film
Universal War 1 and Universal War 2 - Euro Comic

Outlanders by Jouji Manabe. Technically it is manga, but Dark Horse released it as an English comic, so I guess relevant.

It's like if Urusei Yatsura was a space opera instead of a sitcom. Aliens invade, the bikini clad runaway princess and the weakling main hero fall in love, and they try to prevent the war.

The ending is a tear jerker.

That's an oddly specific fetish, OP.

End of Evangelion.

Escape from LA is a terrible movie but technically earth is fucked because plisken emps all society. Does that count?

Universal War One.
It's got timey-wimey bullshit, but that doesn't save the planet.
Fun fact, the issue where Earth is destroyed was published september 12, 2001 or something close. The author was sure every critic was gonna rip him a new one.

Unce Upon A Time... Man fantastic series btw, I recommend it to anyone, especially if you have kids has the Earth exploding when the sun goes nova in the last seconds of the opening; just before that the last rocket ship took off while incinerating an angry mod of people left behind.
Because nothing says educational cartoon for children better than complete obliteration.

youtube.com/watch?v=dfnLa4B-Pbg

There's a lso a comic called Loumys, but I haven't read it.

That is one of the rare excellent stories to have come out of HFY threads, I wish I had it.

He's not alone, while I can name a handful of live action world destroying movies, animated or cartoon versions are in short supply.

Just a Pilgrim (Ennis/ Ezquerra)

Not destroyed as in blown to pieces, but devoid of life

There's a Japanese gangster movie where there's a showdown at the end in which characters from rival yakuzas fight each other. One rips a glowing orb from his stomach and the other shoots it with an rpg and the earth is engulfed by a massive nuke that would make Putin blush. I think it was called dead or alive.
Experience the insanity in video form youtube.com/watch?v=rxNdJ7aC6Is

Bro, Phillywilly is scanlating UW 2 :-)

The french don't give a shit.

I got you.

Nice I've been meaning to get into japanese space operas.

With each passing day my connection to the eternal void grows stronger and stronger.

THAT and I also want to get some inspiration for my story.

The first part is about how superpowers become uncontrollable, literally everyone having one and tearing the Earth apart. The second part would be about the MCs travelling through space to find a similar planet. The third would be about eventually finding one and trying to settle in on a planet that is just ever so slightly different.

A lot of this would involve looking up stuff about theoretical physics and shit and since I don't want to do that, I figured I'd just read up on fiction that has explored this stuff before.

youtube.com/watch?v=52Gg9CqhbP8

Live the moment. Nothing matters anyway.

UW1

Oh my god I remember this. Back when I was wee lad I used to watch this with a bowl if cinnamon toast crunch. Unfortunately it was aired in french so I couldn't understand a thing but it was still entertaining.

Why do you like the Earth getting destroyed, OP? Is it indirect misanthropy or something?

what was the motive behind this?

but earth gets ultimately destroyed on all levels of reality in the 5th book

>Those colors
>Music
>Earth is destroyed
>All hope is lost... come play some vidya dude?

This hits all my aesthetics pretty hard, thanks user

Honestly, read the comic otherwise it will spoiling too much. UW1 there is an english Marvel version, so it is easy to find ;-)

Believe me Euro sci-fi is awesome. Nice ideas that don't necessary involve guns and battles

Hyperion Cantos.

Because in most fiction they always make it a priority to save Earth.

Even if the villain actually succeeds in obliterating it, they always find a way to undo the devastation somehow.

Like this fucking piece of dirt floating in nothingness is so special. Like humanity is a big fucking deal. Big enough deal to kill space and time altering gods over it and shit.

The universe is WAY too big for that. There HAS to be another planet similar to ours. There is just no way there isn't.

And we screwed this one up pretty bad. A lot of damage is irrecoverable or it will only go away by the time our Sun becomes a Supernova.

So I say fuck it! Let's just reset already! So we can try again. And hope we do a better job next time.

>Like this fucking piece of dirt floating in nothingness is so special. Like humanity is a big fucking deal.
>And we screwed this one up pretty bad.
So yes, indirect misanthropy.

>Supernova

Our sun will not go supernova

Yeah, life will just die out in 1 billion years due to the Sun getting hotter and hotter until Earth's oceans evaporate. 5 billion years from now the Sun will become so hot and big that it will engulf most of the inner solar system. After that it will eventually collapse, blow off 40% of its mass, and the remaining 60% will become a super hot ball of carbon called a white dwarf.

Science is cool.

This happens in the 5YL Legion of Super-Heroes run. Although it's also the point in the run where it goes to shit due to Giffen leaving.

Even before that UV exposure will mess with photosynthesis so plants can't grow.

I guess it is then.

We hold ourselves and our accomplishments in high regard, simply because we don't know anything else. But as I said the universe is simply far too big, there are far too many possibilities for another planet with life to exist. We just don't know about it.

Whatever it is called we can not escape it. However far we might go the brilliant shining death of stars will wipe our entire progress in one simple motion. Like it never existed.

Source? I want a timeframe.

Sup Forums truly is love.
A toast to you, user.

You write what you know, user. And if you want an exotic adventure, do it in another time and space (like Star Wars), don't lose time etablishing some place on earth as your setting just to destroy it a few pages later and lose yet more time establishing some new place.
Unless your story need an apocalypse, destroying earth is counterproductive.

>We hold ourselves and our accomplishments in high regard, simply because we don't know anything else.
Because there isn't anything else. If you suppose anything else then you are doing so just to fit your misanthropy. It's circular.

Until we know of anything else we SHOULD hold ourselves up high. We are the only know balls of molecules in the universe than can spread life beyond Earth and we can't assume otherwise until we have proof.

People who say human should stay on Earth because they would just screw the lifeless rocks of the universe rally piss me off.

It blows up forever in giffens legion of superheroes

C3 photosynthesis is meant to be impossible in 600,000,000 years for one thing, C4 in 800,000,000 bbc.com/future/story/20140105-timeline-of-the-far-future

Earth is blown to shit in Homestuck, multiple times

Not that I recommend it

TERRIFYING RENEGADE

In Asimov's Foundation series, I'm pretty sure the earth getting completely obliterated is a major plot point later on.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is based on that premise almost entirely (Read HGttG and Restaurant at the End of the Universe, the rest are crap).

Interstellar is an alright movie based on the Earth becoming utterly unable to support life, while the main characters look for alternatives. Cabin in the Woods is also relevant to your interests.

Cowboy Bebop features an Earth that's a glorified dump, a useless, dead relic compared to the rest of civilisation, but it doesn't get atomized. B.R.P.D: Hell on Earth is about a Lovecraftian Apocalypse. The Earth isn't atomised, but you should watch/read them. They are great and Earth is definitely irrecoverable.

>don't lose time etablishing some place on earth as your setting just to destroy it a few pages later

In my story it would obviously take some time until Earth goes to shit.

Actually what I imagined was that each planet with sentient beings has an assigned Guardian. Kinda like the green lanterns... somewhat. They are made of pure energy and are formless. All the superpowers and every other information related to the planet is stored in these guardians. They are also linked to the planet itself, it's basically like a power cell. If Earth is dying it weakens the Guardian. Which opens a window of possible cosmic murder. A rogue Guardian would be the big bad, who after seeing the universe reset itself countless times, remembering everything and seeing how absolutely NOTHING changes, decides to throw a spanner in the system and murder every other Guardian.

Basically the MCs have to flee, because this rogue Guardian is far too powerful, and must gain all the information related to their own powers through journey they take. Eventually becoming Guardians themselves.

>Because there isn't anything else
As far as we know, CURRENTLY.

Lol I got trips I do your shitty insults better

That is chilling.

I know. But Jade stashes it away so NOPE fuck homest*ck!

Your analisis lacks a proper understanding of economy and class struggle through time. You re trying to understand humanity, it's acomplishments and its failures without considering politics and actual capitalism and its worthless. There's no human nature, we're defined by our context and you're judging us without considering it. Your solution is childish

This is ACTUALLY scaring me. That's a lot fewer rolls of the dice left before the end. W-What if humanity fails and that isn't enough rolls to for another species take our place and get life off of Earth?

>As far as we know, CURRENTLY.
Hence why we have to assume the opposite until we find proof of the universe being teaming with life. We must assume the opposite and take on the mantle of the spreader of life in the universe.

>People who say human should stay on Earth because they would just screw the lifeless rocks of the universe rally piss me off.

I'm not saying we shouldn't. It is simply what we do as living organisms.

I'm just saying that ultimately it doesn't fucking matter.

Does that mean we shouldn't try? No not really. At least it beats just sitting around waiting for death.

>Lovecraftian Apocalypse

Nice! Added to the list, thanks user

If you like hard science fiction, try "The Forge of God" by Greg Bear, also its sequel "Anvil of Stars" was neat. Science Fiction has lots of megadeath books.

>economy and class struggle
>it's acomplishments and its failures without considering politics and actual capitalism

How does that fare against cosmic forces like the death of stars again? Why would any of this mean anything to the universe?

We are fucked m8. We are literally fucked.Our only hope is to invent countermeasures to these natural happenings fast enough to not die out. Do you think these events have already happened? That humans before us have already failed many times?

>We must take on the mantle of the spreader of life in the universe
I guess... it's better than nothing... for now.

You´ll have been dead for thousands of years at that point, so don't worry about it, one, because it's not your problem and second, because there's nothing you can do about it.

The Nine Billion Names of God is about a computer technician who is hired by Buddhist monks to work on a machine that will translate 9 billion names of god that once all spoken will cause not only the world to end but the universe too.

>Do you think these events have already happened? That humans before us have already failed many times?
No that's stupid. There would be archeological evidence. Just think of all the concrete humans use.

If anything this shorter time span should resolve humanity to try harder to create a permanent industrial foothold in space.

>Universal War 1
>Asimov's Foundation

Came here to say these.
(btw, it's rather at the end of the "Robot" series that Asimov talks about the destruction of Earth, but both stories are connected)

You are wrong on every count.

Hyperion

Nasa has an engine design that can get us to Alpha Centauri in a matter of weeks. Genetic engineering is allowing us to literally create new life that is capable of surviving in ridiculous situations. And computers are quickly becoming complex enough to approach the potential for artificial intelligence.

we're going to be colonizing mars in the next hundred years regardless of whether or not their is a nuclear war in the interim.

How?

Does "The Quiet Earth" count? Earth isn't technically destroyed, but it's replaced with a completely different one. It's not Sup Forums either.

The Last Galactus Story for one.

A few also-rans that might be of interest:

While not completely destroyed, it got pretty well shmeered when the baddies dropped the moon on it in The Futurians.

Also reduced to a lifeless, airless husk by Zod in the alternate universe created by the Time Trapper.

Ultimately uninhabitable and completely abandoned in favor of an alternate world in the Atari Force comics.

>Nasa has an engine design that can get us to Alpha Centauri in a matter of weeks
Who is telling you this absolute bullshit? Stop listening to them.

H2G2

Isn't the ending them recreating an earth clone?

First, I have a vested interest in the legacy of my genes and memes.
Second, humanity can leave Earth and I am a human.

Probably my favorite show as a kid.
Also check out this remix of the opening, One of the 1st videos I watched on youtube
youtu.be/SsSoV8erL8Y

See HOW THE UNIVERSE WORKS series. Episode "Our Sun"

>asimov's robots & foundation
iirc it's not destroyed, just made progressively radioactive so it forces mankind to go to the stars

Wait do they?
I haven't read the 6th one but the 5th one (last by Adams) ends with Earth being destroyed, again, iirc.

Oh you

Yes, but it's not planet Earth. Totally new thing.

>(Added bonus if humanity is completely wiped out.)

I got you

Chilhood's End by Arthut C.Clarke

Both the book and the TV movies.

Earth is fine in EoE. Life on earth does end, though