What was so great about this movie? People talk about it being one of the best movies of the year...

What was so great about this movie? People talk about it being one of the best movies of the year, but I just finished it and it's just a pretty average thriller with some ridiculously over the top racial components thrown in. I was bored by most of it, though the last 20 minutes or so picked up a bit.

Fuck whitey lmao

It's about possibly getting married and the fears and paranoia that come with it.
That's it
Stay #WOKE

DEY WANTS TO BE US MANE
EAT THE CERAL AND MILK SEPARATE
FUCK WHITEY

congratulations, you're not a SJW.

WE

It sucks. A friend and I watched it, we both gave it 5/10. I'm guessing people like it because of politics

I don't know, the Stepford Wives setup has gotten used a few times and none of them manage the same effect.

As someone who doesnt live in burgerland and doesnt give a shit about BLM and al that jazz.
It was a decent movie, no masterpiece but a solid 7/10

It's a movie about how black people are victims of racism when white people are awkwardly nice to them, that also manages to be a competent genre film. That's enough for leftists to hail it as a masterpiece.

Anything semi-competent with a 'fuck white people' message will always be praised by the current crop of critics.

Cast a black guy as the lead of a movie and it will automatically get critical praise.

kill yourself you yakubian devil

>What was so great about this movie?

The best friend TSA comical relief character was pretty great but that's about it. Apart from that it was quite mediocre but watchable.

It came out in february, aka the cinematic wasteland of the year
It was a well-made mostly standard thriller but using a completely original concept, thus it is worthy of praise

ITT: butthurt Sup Forumssters complains about a black movie receiving praise. get a fucking life

>a black movie receiving praise.

Would the movie still have received that same praise if people like you would have viewed it as just a movie instead of "a black movie" whatever that might mean?

I didn't like the movie but
>as just a movie
No such thing, by people for people.
>"a black movie" whatever that might mean?
Movie made by a black person designed to resonate with black people, duh.

It was pretty fresh for a comedy film

>Movie made by a black person designed to resonate with black people, duh.
Except the people fawning over it the most are white liberals.

4th best movie of all time. Can't argue with RT

>It's a movie about how black people are victims of racism when white people are awkwardly nice to them

So, if a man in a white van were offering candy to neighborhood kids, would you complain to the police taking him away that he was /only being nice/?

You look on Sup Forums and you see thousands of white boys solely using blackface reaction images and it does get a little scary how they seem to want to live inside of black culture. Like a parasite.

>Except the people fawning over it the most are white liberals.

Um... no. White liberals are the bad guy in the movie.
You didn't understand the movie, did you?

You've got a great idea for a takeoff on the theme.

We can call it "/gtfo/" and it can be about how white males on Sup Forums simultaneously worship and demonize blacks.

>posting black twitter
>posting under the pretense of being a black person
>blackedposting

it's the 6/10,7/10 horror film getting the 10/10 treatment. Same happened with the The Witch etc

Because decent horror is a rare beast these days. But yeah, it's alright. Watchable, nothing extraordinary.

>adults offering candy to kids leads to child abduction and rape
>white people being nice to black people leads to...?

Apparently white liberals didn't either, because they're the biggest sycophants this movie has.

I liked it, but it was nowhere near as great as people are saying it is.
A solid 8

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

THAT THING WANTED TO BE US