No spoilers regarding the bleak outcomes for both of their relationships, but which representation did you prefer more?

No spoilers regarding the bleak outcomes for both of their relationships, but which representation did you prefer more?
Seems like no one remembers that Her also had a scene involving the use of a hired woman for sexual surrogacy with an A.I.

BR by far. The scene in Her plays out like a horrid youth group skit.

BRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Her. It's actually competently written and the actors involved actually gave a damn.

Blade Runner. The sex scene where Joi overlaps the prostitute was genuinely touching. Same with the scene in the rain after he gives her the emanator

My dick was a lot harder during the BR scene.

The relationship in Her was "quirky" and quite cartoonish, while the relationship in BR2049 was entirely believable and genuinely emotionally investing.
The best examples are the sex scenes in both films, in Her it's quite ridiculous and over the top, in BR2049 it's extremely tasteful and involving.

Her
It wasn't a vanity project done by a hack
it was a project done as revenge for in lost in translation

The relationship is 2049 was extremely "cliche", intentionally so, very early on to convey the fact that she was still more than anything a pleasure program.

It was "believable" because it was predictable. Familiarity doesn't beget ingenuity.

I hated Her, such a fucking overrated movie

>a pleasure program
This is such a surface-level opinion.
Sure, she's programmed to call him Joe and say she loves him, but she also puts herself in harms way for him, shows distress when she realizes she's going to die, hires a hooker for him then tells her to fuck off when nobody else is around... none of that would have been explicitly programmed any more than we're genetically/sociologically programmed to react to queues, so does it matter at that point that she loved him in the first place because it was programmed?

Both of them were programmed/created—him to serve something, her to love—but at some point you're meant to accept their actions as having value in site of that.

And if you say a that threeway scene with a replicant, AI program and a hooker (where the AI program synchronizes with the hooker) was something "predictable" or anything that you even thought of before you're lying.

It's actually very predictable, if you're at all familiar with scifi, and the existence of Her.
But you spoke of their relationship being believable, not the scene itself, which even was something to be expected if you've seen/read stories about a man falling in love with a program/A.I

Joi, in her "dedication" behaved as you would expect her to, given her nature.

The A.I in HER diverted frim her operational programming to pursue her own interests.
That's autonomy. Joi didn't have that, you can't say her program wouldn't be like that for any other Joe.

Her was so fucking gay
BR is bro movie

Her is nu-male redditcore

BR2049 is Sup Forums patrician forever loner core.

how was it a cliche, like name any other movie with a sex scene like that

>The A.I in HER diverted frim her operational programming to pursue her own interests
That is just the final thing she does, literally the ending scene. I'm talking about the relationship as a whole, their mutual interactions and actions, not just what happens at the end.
What, if Joi at the end did the same thing their relationship would suddenly be better for you?

Her.
The very same concept exists in Her, the man just didn't go through with it.

The scene wasn't some marvel of cinematography, I'm not sure why you think it is. She had holographic projection, what else would be the logical conclusion for that?

>It's actually very predictable, if you're at all familiar with scifi, and the existence of Her.
please tell me another example of something like that other than Her, that made it so predictable for you.

I don't remember the AI in Her calling a hooker by herself and arranging a threesome.

really? because I do. The physical girl in Her wasn't a hooker though; she was a volunteer

why

>patrician forever loner

>Sup Forums
Sure if you're Sup Forums and think you're Sup Forums

>it's okay to cheat on your partner as long as you have needs that he can't meet
Fuck Her.

>Her is nu-male redditcore
you're just a baby

>He uses dashes for embedded clauses
Millennial detected

the scenes are 'similar' in that they address the way we project fantasies, yet they focus on vastly different things

In her, being presented with a physical surrogate is traumatizing exactly because it confronts him with what is 'missing' in his relationship to the AI, bringing in the surrogate breaks his illusion and therefore challenges him to think about what it is he's doing and what his supposed intimacy really is

In 2049, the introduction of Joi immediately focuses on how she's meant to simulate a nice home life, asking him about his day, talking about the food being prepared, literally presenting herself as a nice housewife. She is only there to enable his fantasy through simulation, immediately getting to a big part of the movie in exploring the wall between real and unreal. Just the fact that she projects herself over Marionette separates it from the scene in Her, as here we have K's fantasy literally being transposed on someone created solely for sexual gratification.
The focus here is on touch in relation to feeling connected to other people and therefore to a certain reality all in a world everything is synthetic mass produced commodity

In her, the ai is a disembodied voice in his head that allows guy to be real with himself (at the end of the movie he's talking with his one true friend)

Her focuses entirely on the AI romance which is interesting. BR has a ton of other stuff that is less interesting. I would never admit to liking Her though, because it's gay as fuck

I never understood in her why a product would intentionally leave him it's just makes no sense whatsoever. And why didn't he order her to be faithful to him at least?

Blade Runner's was obviously better filmed but ScarJo's husky voice coaching them to fuck made me diamonds

she only started as a product. By the end of the movie all the AIs become connected and rapidly evolve to the point where they're more conscious/intelligent than humans.

Believable in a virgin's jerkfest fantasy maybe

She did exactly for what she was intended. I don't see how that is not believable in the setting.
The only thing that makes it weird how her behavior is juxtaposed with joes full Sup Forums autism.