youtube.com/watch?v=EGxyGcZ5jsY
youtube.com/watch?v=0bGiVt3C_g
youtube.com/watch?v=l7YvdI43bzg
youtube.com/watch?v=fbszJJr9I9U
youtube.com/watch?v=j4Jyev7iTlE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Soundtrack was garbo. Might as well have gotten Hans Zimmer

Bane?

I just listened to the original's and the new one's soundtracks back-to-back and imo the new one's is far better. The only songs I like in the original is the intro and the credits song.

BTFO

woah cia

You didn't include the best one OP

youtube.com/watch?v=WcLzUZSGT6Q

I liked the sound track, need to watch again before forming a proper opinion but I felt a lot of it was in keeping with the previous film that I only saw for the first time a few days before.

>i refuse to see this movie or acknowledge its existence
>proceeds to tweet for 3 days straight about 2049 and can't stop sperging out about it because it BTFO all doubters

haha wow he really zinged that guy #fire

What's the 2049 version of Rachel's Song?

youtube.com/watch?v=OhgMDb9nGQs

The licenced songs are good too. This one gives me the feels.

youtu.be/eEqJvLmIlAE

the original ost is obviously superior. memories of green, rachel's song, the end theme, all that basically made the movie in some parts.
i find the new soundtrack hard to listen to outside of the context of the movie

While the original and its soundtrack feel like a dream, 2049 is nightmarish and the ost fits it perfectly. Flight to LAPD and Mesa are great tracks.

Holy shit this guy is a faggot. Unsubscribed.

It's quite a different approach from the original. While the visuals are pretty clean, empty, sterile, the soundtrack is downright dirty, distorted and industrial.
It's largely overwhelming and "in your face" unsettling, but in a good way. Autists here will screech "waaah Zimmer waaaah" but you can here more of Wallfisch in the score than Zimmer really.
Also not every soundtrack has to be subtle and in the background, it entirely depends on the narrative of the film.

youtube.com/watch?v=1uAoaKM16kw

this from 2:30 on is perfect for the movie

>single note bbbwwwwwrrrrrr ambient with a few tok toks inbetween

This must be some kind of bait..

It's great. I would prefer a bit more melodies or at least a bit more of the Mesa melody but I listen to a lot of ambient music and this was good.

Any other soundtracks or bands to recommend if we like BR2049 OST?

Very monotone, only got good when it was teasing Vangelis.

youtube.com/watch?v=XPBD2bfgmLo

>not posting best song

You are all way off your baselines.

madude

The 2049 ost was the weakest point of the movie IMO.

youtube.com/watch?v=qgz6jFxMpyk

this awful song screams YAAAAAAAASSSSSSS QUEEN SLAYYYY

Licensed songs don't count. Also this song very closely follows the generic modern pop ballad formula.

youtube.com/watch?v=waBWUyWuZk8

Here is the full soundtrack I think the Wallace theme was amazing.

They used the opening credits of Blade Runner BOOM too much.

it doesn't hold a candle to Vangelis, but far superior to any blockbuster trash music that came out recently.

it was a modern take on the old ost, sure it was inferior to it, but still quite good.

Zimmer's score on BvS was better.

youtube.com/watch?v=z9BL59uiAz8

But he also spent several months scoring BvS.

fuck off viral marketer

disappointed, but only because i hold the original vangelis soundtrack in such high regard. my expectations were far too high for this.

the inclusion of the frank sinatra and elvis tracks seem disjointed, off-key when they appear - and the rest of the actual score is way too bland and distorted. just listen to how clean this sounds:

youtube.com/watch?v=qgz6jFxMpyk

compare this to "hijack" from the zimmer score, and you'll understand what i mean.

the soundtrack needed simple synth tracks that were glaring homages to the original score, nothing more. if something, i wish hans zimmer would have gone with a more orchestral direction if anything, like he did with 'interstellar'. now all we're left with is mediocrity.

I'm not a huge fan. I want to like it because I like everything else about the film, but I'm just not feeling it

Guilty pleasure I guess. It was nice for the animu. It also matches the JOi x K story but in a poppy pleb way. I like it.

>It's a soundtrack thread

youtube.com/watch?v=2f9SItUEtJ8

Hans Zimmer and Radiohead: Blue Planet 2

Yeah, it's not great; yet I can't stop listening to it.

0::44 when they go for a ride is kino

>this from 2:30 on is perfect for the movie
that is Mesa from 0:44 but slightly slower and bassier
youtube.com/watch?v=WcLzUZSGT6Q

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I was constantly frustrated because it sounds exactly like the Nolan Batman theme, but the latter rises to a higher note whereas BR doesn't

Should have been more synths and fewer boathorns but in the end it doesn't detract from the film.

>that crushing feeling that you won't watch this film for the first time again

I'm going to see this tonight, but I haven't seen the first one yet. Will the wikipedia summary be sufficient?

This song felt very reminiscent of the original soundtrack.

FUCK ME IN THE MOUTH... Why..
Did you at least watch the animus?

The what?

>go to youtube
>search blade runner short
>watch them all 3

youtube.com/watch?v=rrZk9sSgRyQ

Blade Runner The Animu.

Autist here,
Do you guys know where I could get K's coat? I've found a couple sites but they're either completely different from the original or seem fake (mainly the one from americasuitsdotcom) , with the name rajan farooqi popping up a lot.

Could anybody help point me in the right direction?

I love the new score but none of it even touches original tracks like Blade Runner Blues.

i think they had the official one on sale like over 6 months ago, no idea if they sold out or anything.

Anons can someone point me to that creepy stabby carnival sounding music (dumb description) when the prostitutes were walking up to /ourguy/ ?

magnoliclothiers.com/2049-coat-overcoats-p-788.html

The guy also makes Deckards clothing too

i like this

youtube.com/watch?v=NujlXgBmUoU

I don't have the link but the real one is like $500+

Start with:
Tim Hecker - Harmony in Ultraviolet

500$ for a coat isn't that bad

I fucking love all the fan posters this film is getting.

>enjoys metal, is "metal"
>hates metallic guttural screams of spinner engines

I know this. It's good. I couldn't get into Virgins.

>black featured JOi
I want progressives out of high tech low life.

I couldn't get into his new stuff either I prefer his old stuff (lolsohipster)

Try Radio Amor, it's incomprehensibly beautiful

ok.

People going to meme at me, but 2814

I think this is a pretty good thread for something I just discovered: compare the music at 1:00 in this: youtu.be/NoAzpa1x7jU
And the the music in the first half of this trailer: youtu.be/gCcx85zbxz4
Sounds like a bit of a reference to me, pretty cool.

the 2049 ost has a track titled 'tears in the rain', so yes, obviously that's a reference.

despite the memes, soundtrack worked fucking phenomenal in the movie

I've never liked Virgins very much either and I've been listening to Tim Hecker for years.

End credits needed the original end credits piece or at least a new version of it. They had one job...

Boards of Canada

youtu.be/mkYKF5hQQ6M?t=1371

Absolutely amazing

It was great to see the precision with which the music matched the on screen flow of emotion and action.

The music for scenes with Wallace in particular stayed with me the most, never really heard anything like it. The combination of vocal and synthetic elements (i wonder if that's at all relevant to the movie...) in overlapping drones of different lengths and textures was really haunting. Really fit the mood of his scenes and how they would usually start from an already off kilter place and then ramp up whenever Wallace would do or say something of particular emotional charge

It both matches the original Blade Runner while amping up the intensity in a certain way

I agree, I honestly don't get the criticism. I wish WB would release the soundtrack done by Jóhann Jóhannsson so we could see what the problem was

I know about that one, man. It's just that this particular sound at 1:08 isn't present in any of the tracks of the original movie (or perhaps I didn't look hard enough), but it made it into the first trailer of 2049 as a sort of a homage. I love that kind of stuff, goes to show how much effort the creators put into their work

2049 end credits is a summation of all the elements of all the music in the movie. it's congruent to the totality of the movie, which is all i ask

Thanks bros

ah indeed, i see what you mean now. too bad that particular "cue" or track wasn't included in the ost.

listening through the original vangelis now, fuck this is good

is this fucking bait?

this

I hate Hans Zimmer with every fiber of my being

If you happen to hear that cue in the process - I'd really appreciate it if you posted the name of the track here. Cheers.

I wonder why Vangelis wasn't asked. He knows how to do film scores and even worked with Ridley again in 1492 sooooo...

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Blade Runner 2049. The cinematography is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the events will go over a typical viewers head. There's also K's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this intellectual story, to realise that they're not just interesting- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Blade Runner 2049 truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the deep question in K's existential catchphrase "I have memories, but I can't tell if they're real" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenevs Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Denis Villeneuve's genius wit unfolds itself on the silver screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
And yes, by the way, i DO have a Blade Runner 2049 tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Just more droning and uninspired meme sound design trash from Zimmer (or whoever's work he takes credit for).

Do any of the regular Vangelis albums actually sound like the BR soundtrack?

A weak Hans Zimmer cover of Vangelis. But hey, it was super loud and it tons of Inception noises. The kids these days go nuts for the Inception noises.

This faggot complained that Fallout New Vegas was too hard on normal difficulty and then praised the shit out of Fallout 4.

vangelis was asked, but he felt he couldn't live up to the original.

i call pussy on him

I thought you guys were joking about Zimmer being the composer.

Why didn't Denis work with his usual guy, Jóhann Jóhannsson? His Sicario score was great.

you seen Thief by michael mann?

youtube.com/watch?v=srVzEMM9d0U
watch it if this intrigues you at all

respect to Vangelis for artistic integrity
boo for Zimmer for having none

I would not be surprised if "Hans Zimmer" is just an alias for a software program that makes soundtracks.

Tangerine Dream did some good albums back in the day. In the same vein with Thief you should check out Logos, Poland and Exit at least. Good stuff, mon.

>Why didn't Denis work with his usual guy, Jóhann Jóhannsson?

they started working together in this project and then JJ left for undisclosed reasons. A lot of what Zimmer did for the movie is using the stuff JJ was noodling with.

>youtube.com/watch?v=EGxyGcZ5jsY

I adore the distorted "racecar" sound at 1:05

Hard to say. He has done plenty of different styles and different concept albums that can be pretty freaky.

His soundtrack for the dog movie Antarctica can be pretty close, that is something I would check first. Then... if you are looking for just the ambient synth style, Soil Festivities is from 1984 so it probably has a lot of the same synths. That's for starters.

>JJ left for undisclosed reasons
He's under a non-disclosure agreement and Denis commented on it so it sounds like he was replaced.

Doubt it is what you are looking for but here:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bGiVt3C_g

youtube.com/watch?v=l7YvdI43bzg

youtube.com/watch?v=fbszJJr9I9U

youtube.com/watch?v=j4Jyev7iTlE

das it mane

nobody knows because jj is not permitted to talk about it due to various legal reasons.

my thought was that he was a little too different, wanted to push the envelope too much, director freaked and went the "safe" path with zimmer who can always deliver at least a 7/10 ost.

i love the arrival ost, so was sad to see him go