Is it ethically wrong that the only reason your game is popular is due to fanservice?

Is it ethically wrong that the only reason your game is popular is due to fanservice?

Considering there's many games that have come and gone with only that going for them, I'd say that's not the case. Shantaw has some pretty tight gameplay to back it up.

That said, not really Sup Forums.

No, you can fuck off back to Tumblr now.

The first Shantae is a great platformer, though. Haven’t played the others.
Also

I like Shantae more because the world and dialogue are cool and it feels like I'm playing a cartoon. I don't even really find the girls all that attractive, truth be told. Dunno why.

On that note, a Shantae cartoon would be cool. Sucks that the game didn't reach the animated cutscene stretch goal so we could get a taste of that.

>when you shitpost so often on so many boards you start getting mixed up

No. Fanservice is just a part of the total aesthetic picture of the work in question.

Don't use your sex-negative life view to bully creatives into conforming to the aesthetics you like instead of the aesthetics they like.

No, if there is a market for it, then it should be allowed

It's an early 90's style platformer that really borrows from Zelda. It's a fun step back to a simpler video game era.

Not sure if anyone below 25 plays it though.

I agree that a Shantae cartoon would be lovely. I find the humor and characters quite enjoyable, even when placing my desire to pound many of them into damp sex-craters.

No

Besides if you really wanted to go the fan service route you should have chosen

Rumble Roses
Shadows of the Damned
DoA extreme
Lollipop Chainsaw

This. why would you even ask that?

also this isn't really Sup Forums, but... i mean it is western animation

I would have started with Dead or Alive or something for this argument.

Or maybe the whole massive genre of games that exist just to show fanservice to players.

The fact that the protagonist is female and you are a degenerate fuck has no actual bearing on the game itself or why it exists.

but those are gross and not sexy at all. sexy has to be cute. CUTE!

No, now either go back to your shitty Tumblr blog or go to Sup Forums.

Shantae games are actually fun, though. The music is top notch too

fuck back off to Sup Forums unless you're discussing a possible cartoon based on it

maybe you're gay

I hope their next game is for one of their other franchises. I like Shantae, but I'm getting kinda sick of it after more than a year of news and updates.

Pirates curse >>>half genie hero

>a possible cartoon based on it
It could have been a thing had they hit the million dollar mark in the kickstarter.

I think Japan gets by just fine in their ethics using sex appeal as they do. Its a little embarrassing to the rest of the world but meh sex is shied away from half the time in all respect so who fucking cares?

I sincerely doubt that, even if that's something they said. It takes way more money than you get from a friggin' Kikestarter campaign to get a series off the ground.

I heard the the newest game is shit.
Is it true?

Slagify the Turkish female

Its short. And the transformation mechanic could use some polish, but it's fun.

Its only flaws are the ridiculously short length and that most of the game is backtracking through completed levels to find stuff.

The gameplay, art and sound, and writing are all great. And we're getting more content in DLC, so hopefully that'll help with the length.

Shantae breathes through her skin. You should feel ashamed now. You tried to slut-shame her, but she has to dress like that.

...That may have been a different game actually, but still, you're a monster.

Its actually good just shorter then the last

They should at least make a token attempt to have the game also be fun in addition to the fanservice. Like they used to do with Senran Kagura.

That said, Shantae cartoon when?

I could see them trying to fund a pilot and seeing if they can shop that around and get it picked up, but yeah there's no way a full series is getting funded via Kickstarter

That was only for animated cut scenes, not a show.

Has that ever worked?

>if there is a market for it, then it should be allowed

There's a market for drugs, human trafficking, and assassination.

Little Witch Academia? I think?

Hey why don't you try asking your video game related question on the correct forum, Sup Forums

paying attention to news and updates has a way of burning you out
I'd like another shantae game to the max, but I'm not sure where you'd go with it right away, so yeah something else in between would be nice. What other games has Wayforward done?

Aside from licensed stuff, I think they have Sigma Star Saga and the Mighty Flip games.

I enjoyed a lot of the backtracking though. They streamlined it down so it wasn't annoying
honestly I think it's not that much shorter, it's just that it doesn't have full "dungeons" to eat up your time. it's more like it's condensed.
remember that fucking 'running back through the scarecrow-infested pumpkin patch 17 times' thing? I'm glad there's none of that.

yes and we should allow that, find who does it, then kill them
then go back to allowing anything there's a market for
huh, never heard of. any good?

And all three are allowed, what's your point?

>Is it ethically wrong that the only reason your game is popular is due to fanservice?
I thought shantae had good animation and people liked it for that.

favorite animations?
the butt wiggle is nice, but honestly for me it's all about the excited wiggle of the monkey as she jumps through the air. so fucking cute and really gets you involved more than some canned motion-captured monkey animation

I, ah, I ended up watching Rotty's idle animation for a while.

To admire the skill, of course. Strictly for its artistic merits.

God that got annoying as fuck with that back and forth part I was so glad when I got some of the powerups by the mid way point

What is with all the shitposting? I thought Shantae was generally well liked around Sup Forums

could be worse, could be Mighty Number 9

Mighty Flip Force was fun.

i dont know what you mean

It's good but short (Well all Shantae game are pretty short). Though once they add in the stretch goal content it will be the meatiest Shantae game by far. The next thing they're adding is a Risky Boots story mode where the controls will be like Pirate's Curse.

She is, its just that HGH was a bit too short for peoples' tastes.

I need to know more about this viscous water

It's a monster's saliva.

its Kaiju drool

Its dragon spit.

excellent

honestly her knees just bugged me to look at, but no matter how many times I looked at them bend, I couldn't see the mistake, if there is one.
and anyway she's a zomble so maybe her joints are just loose. though she DID say she just got a new pair of legs.
one thing that's great about half-genie hero is the powerups are so evenly-spaced. you legitimately have fun every single time you get a new one, and go use it on all the previous levels to see what you can go get... even though that's a huge time sink and you'd be better off waiting.
then you get 'hero mode' with the main transformations unlocked, and the sequencebreaking gets real. it's so weirdly satisfying being able to do so much in advance (though the salted caramel flag is broken until you beat the first stage once, you can still talk to her about it)

I beat the main game in 10 hours, really taking my time and enjoying it, and hero mode took 3. there's one more picture-unlock for beating the whole thing in under 2 hours without 100percenting, so that'll be one more challenge. It's not like we paid 60 bucks for it.

Take your shitty genie franchise back to Sup Forums, faggot.

HI DYNA!

Ethical? Of course not. If people are aware and choose to buy it there's nothing unethical about it. It however doesn't defend from criticisms that it's just hokey cheesecake or whatever.

Like Frank Cho, you can call his stuff sexy and all that but at the end of the day that doesn't stop his writing from being shit.

Dyna?

>Sup Forums - Comics & Cartoons/Random

What the fuck is that?

>doesnt know Sup Forums came from Sup Forums
I wish i could call you an underaged b&, but its been too long now.

It is an obscure fact, I guess. I'm wary how boards like Sup Forums and /tg/ originated from threads on Sup Forums, for they wouldn't belong anywhere else at the time. Too bad Sup Forums is now full of people who don't know what Sup Forums media is. At least faggots on Sup Forums can admit their shit isn't video game related, here people try to justify nearly anything as being "honorary Sup Forums."

it's not like that's regularly abused. we have maybe one off-topic thread (that gets past 5 posts) every couple days. I think the board can survive that.
I must admit though I'm biased, as I like Sup Forums posters better than most, but wish I could discuss my vidya and my japanese animes with them. other boards just suck
for that matter I wish I could socialize outside of /soc/, which is just a den of iniquity... but oh well, that's the way it is.

I think our rules are pretty good. anime that's part of a nostalgic western block, and puppetry/cgi as long as it's not meant to be a realistic special effects thing. nothing else gets attempted to be shoehorned into Sup Forums does it?

>other boards just suck for that matter

This is one of the reasons the rest of Sup Forums finds Sup Forumsmblr the most annoying board.

The thing that killed a four million dollar kickstarter project and is definitive proof that a single person can demonstrably destroy even the largest endeavors.

>nothing else gets attempted to be shoehorned into Sup Forums does it?

Godzilla, sometimes.

Shantae cartoon when?

Harry Potter is one thing, apparently because it would have had an animated adaption, but the closest thing to that are those unofficial puppet videos. Sometimes people justify posting things on here because of things like "oh did you know this actually had a comic in Latin?" while not acknowledging such things ever.

VIDEO GAMESoh wait

I see off-topic threads on Sup Forums all the time, and a good amount of them are ignored by the mods. Aside from that, I don't think that "boards are better at discussing off-topic subjects" excuse doesn't work for Sup Forums at all. That's why this board sucks so much: it's not even a sort of jack of all trades. Rather few people have collectively good knowledge on anything.

She didn't kill it. She was a symtom. A sign that things aren't going to go well with the game.

No she definitely killed it. She ended up costing them a LOT of money in the end.

honestly just about all industries need to start taking a look at that, while simultaneously, and almost paradoxically, also taking care of the 'centralized executive power' thing that's fucking them up just as badly

hmmmmm yeah I can't totally approve of godzilla being Sup Forums but there was a cartoon and it used to be a big part of marvel comics
i never see HP discussed on Sup Forums, but I don't think I'd support that. i've never heard of /lit/ having any kind of presence though
I didn't mean it as an excuse, just as an explanation for the motivation.

Gross.

it already is

The world and characters are begging to be made into a Saturday morning TV show though.

holy shit they made Mighty No.9 look even worse than it is

that's quite an achievement

Man I actually loved Sigma Star Saga as a kid. It would be really cool if they made another one and polished up the game mechanics.

Too much skin for a Saturday morning show.
Though that's easily fixable.