Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt6491178
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

jej

Kek

>yfw that ending
The Departed ain't got shit on this film's ending

what happens?

Vince Vaughn murders a warden and the entire cartel gang in the cell block 99, forces the mafia boss to release his pregnant wife that
was held hostage and subsequently stomps the mafia boss's head off. Vince gets killed by the wardens at the end

Prisons only have one warden. The other guys are called guards, or correctional officers.

Yeah, guards. Sorry, I'm Portuguese, my English's pretty bad.

I've not seen the movie, but I imagine there is a brawl in a cell block, which Vince Vaughn's character is probably involved in.

unfiltered kino

That's ok, it's not your first language. For a moment there I thought you were just another retard.

BLANCO!

I thought it was fucking awesome man

Going to see this tomorrow in spite of its terrible trailer - there's been a void in stuff like this since Tony Scott suicided.

It's totally different tonally from a trailer. What the fuck was they thinking

Remember that his next film it will have Vince and Mel Gibson together

>The script centers on two policemen, one an old-timer (Gibson), the other his volatile younger partner (Vaughn), who find themselves suspended when a video of their strong-arm tactics become the media's cause du jour. Low on cash and with no other options, these two embittered soldiers descend into the criminal underworld to gain their just due, but instead find far more than they wanted awaiting them in the shadows.

imdb.com/title/tt6491178

From the snippets I've read, it sounds similar to Blood Father - a movie that is a lot better than it necessarily needs to be, which is why I'm stoked to see it.

Can't imagine how brutal that will be

Love the way Craig Zahler depicts violence. What a fucking lunatic.

It's the sound and lack of cuts

They really don't make them like this anymore.

What did he mean by "9 days" and "78 days"?

What you talking about?

fairly sure he meant how many days until the baby was due
they literally made it like this one day ago

Best movie of the year so far desu

Doesn't make sense, he first says 9 days and then says 78 days the end.

>What did he mean by "9 days" and "78 days"?
number of days in prison?

He was in the prison for 3-4 days, wasn't he?

>red, white and burrito

best line fucking ever, how can you not love Vince busting up blacks, latinos and nu-males throughout this movie, while staying a patriot even in the most horrible situation?

can't fucking wait to see Vince and Mel beating up criminal minorities, just hope they sneak in a Jew in there for good measure

Was pretty good actually.Gore reminded me of Tarantino though..

I liked it had. Had some flaws. Some bad/awkward parts but they were small compared to the overall movie.

The Abortionist was a good villain. Really creeped me out, that whole idea. Then the little asian dude. "disappointing.." and he just looks sad. Fucking creep

you won't regret it, great movie

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. Really looking forward to his one with Mel.

the final stand off with the warden was such an unexpected scene. Really well done. The ending credits song is so fucking good too.

Was just a bit dissapointed with the violence/gore. Didnt seem that extreme to me, and a little goofy at parts (face scrape reveal for instance). Probably would have felt it more with a theatre's speaker system.
Good movie though. Can't wait for Dragged Across Concrete, I want a release date.

he couldn't bend a Motorola phone, that whole scene was put there just to slight Apple and its shoddy build quality that started with the iPhone 6 and the main character weeps as he realises the irreparable harm outsourcing manufacturing has done to everyday products

I thought it was great and although the violence is quite comical I liked it. Try not to take it seriously and you'll enjoy it.

>saves a bunch of cops
>gets 7 years

Just finished it.

Absolute. Kino.

>black judge

just darkies sticking it to the white man

>fairly sure he meant how many days until the baby was due

how the fuck is it 9 days in the beggining of the film and 78 days in the then end you fucking retard

jesus

>Tarantino

Are you just throwing names of famous directors or is your perception so fucking wrong? If anything this film reminds gaspar noe in terms of rawness and Chan-wook Park on fight scenes

> get laid off from wrecker job
> goes home, sees wife in drive-way with neck bruises from good doggy
> "I've been cheating on you"
> Robo Vince calmly says, "go in the house"
> Vince proceeds to Ryu Street Fighter all over her car, ripping the hood off, smashing windows and sucking out the headlights
> "lost my job....guess I'll interview for the COCAINE DELIVERY DRIVER position on Indeed.com"
> Vaughn family buys mansion a year later, gets preggo
> new crew forced on super Driver Vaughn
> Vaughn meets generic thug #1 and generic thug #2, throws both their $800 handguns into the sea. "Argh...no guns" BatVaughn cries

fuck. this. dogshit

I counted 4 forced scenes where Vaughn drives around listening to some generic R&B shitty mixed cover band on the radio for no effect.

Sup Forums is the same faggots lauding Driver and Baby Driver as cinematic marvels

okay Pedro, now go and build that wall

Blahahaaaa! Got em!

GONNA WATCH THIS TODAY

HOPE IT 'S BETTER THAN

SHOT CALLER BECAUSE YOU GUYS

RAVED ABOUT THAT MOVIE AND

IT WASNT VERY

GOOD

when did vince vaughn start browsing Sup Forums

It's a mix of Shot Caller and Bone Tomahawk. I enjoyed it for what it was, but wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

THAT'S SAD TO HEAR BECAUSE I

THOUGHT BONE TOMOHAWK WAS WATHER UN-

REMARKABLE IN THE END AND A WEIRD KIND OF MOVIE THE

ONLY SCENE I

REMEMBER REALLY IS THE KILL

SCENE THE

FAMOUS ONE

Dont know about the 9, but the 78 is a countdown to due date.
He could be counting multiple things.

congrats

>They really don't make them like this anymore.
Seems like they just get the DTV treatment or very limited these days
Brawl and Bone Tomahawk
Brimstone, a sadistic western with Guy Pearce
Haven't seen it but from Sup Forums's reactions I'm guessing Shot Caller
I'd even mention Rob Zombie's films, regardless of quality
The guy who did Blue Ruin/Green Room

fuck off

THAT'S RATHER

RUDE OF

YOU

check out The Invitation if you like those

this movie was pure gore kino

Also worth noting: the little march Don Johnson does when they first assign Bradley to a cell.

is Caspere in this movie?

He said 79 not 9 you fucking retard

Just finished it. Fucking great. Like a lot of people have already said it's rare to see mostly single shot fight scenes, where the camera isn't jittering around and where the punches feel like they're really connecting.

>I only watch black and white films set in feudal Japan, produced by the Criterion Collection, where all the actors are played by mannequins for artistic effect

holy shit that sounds awesome

High test

This movie is fucking amazing

Fuck. Yes.

is the gore supposed to be a comedic effect? the way all their heads cracked was similar to something ceramic

I guess its supposed to look like a 70s movie or something of that effect

yeah that's what I was thinking. at first I was kinda underwhelmed comparing it to how seemingly realistic Bone Tomahawks gore was but this fit the tone of the movie perfectly

Not sure if it's Oscar worthy what what is anymore, if anything it's better than the winners of the last few years. probably one of the better films I've seen this year.

Simple and ruthless as hell, but it's not on the same level as Bone Tomahawk.
and how big is Vince Vaughn? But they should've skipped the accent because it was just corny.

Sorta kinda. It was obviously not made for fun, but it did feel like a splatter movie at times.

That's how they do in real life. Too many movies these days like to play the
>get hit in head with heavy force
>knocked unconscious for 2 minutes
>mild bruising if that
or even worse
>kung fu film
>people beating each other up for 20 minutes
>bloody big finale
Real fights last approximately as long as his did, with the kind of damage being done exactly like that. Most of the type of hits he was landing would get his boxing license rescinded and a stay in a prison cell in real life.