Am I in trouble if I relate to this film?

Am I in trouble if I relate to this film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=demkUdePT-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not if you actually kill the president this time instead of blowing it like Travis and John.

You're in trouble if you actually liked it

No, you're fine. I mean, you identified it so you're not a schizo, and the character even has a happy ending so it's not like you're gonna kill yourself. You're just either a teenager or you don't really have many friends and do that many fulfilling things.

You're in trouble if you start getting headaches and insomnia and drive around fantasizing about murdering people you perceive as bad.
Travis was a psychopath.

is this literally you?

No, everybody wants to fuck Cybill shepherd it's ok

He was right to do it.

>you should see what a .44 magnum is going to do to this shitty thread.....you should see

You would've been in the 1970s but there are a lot of autistic socially isolated 20something males nowadays

>guy isn't hurting anyone
>gal doesn't want to be rescued even
>travis murders him and two other strangers

You know the message Schrader was trying to get across was that Travis was a violent psychopath who only got praised at the end because they were """"Bad Guys"""""

>character has a happy ending

He just goes back to his repetitive,unfulfilling life as a taxi driver. Did you not see the way he constantly checked the back mirrors? He loved the attention and affection people gave him the first time but when it inevitably wears off,he'll strike again and use any excuse to justify his vigilantism.

I would say yes.
>and the character even has a happy ending...
re watch the ending, pay more attention to the visual/audio cues.
>fantasizing about murdering people you perceive as bad
>Pimps/blacks/prostitutes/junkies/degenerates aren't bad
ok

"Listen, you fuckers, you screw heads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. Who would not let--Listen, you fuckers, you screw heads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is someone who stood up. Here is..."

>fantasized about murdering a politician because "MUH GIRL"
>fantasizes about killing people who like to fuck
>fantasizes about people who dress sexy
The rest of those are criminals, but his differentiation between them all was already blurred, and by the end of the movie he'd probably kill anyone for any reason

>guy isn't hurting anyone
That we know of. You think this pimp is a nice guy who'd let Jodie Foster leave if she chose to? The guy was pimping out an underage girl. He's a scumbag.
>gal doesn't want to be rescued even
Because 12 year olds always know what's best for them.
Obviously calling the cops on him would be better, but between killing him to save Iris and doing nothing, Travis did the right thing.

that scene where travis is in the cab with the guy who makes him park and keeps talking about how he's gonna kill his wife is one of the most uncomfortable scenes I've watched in a film

just how he keeps on talking and talking to psych himself up and travis can't say anything at all because he's so absorbed in thought, stop fucking talking dude STOP

No. You'll grow up one day.

Or if you don't, it's not like you're actually going to do anything which will harm real people. We're not worried.

>t. The Punisher

>>guy isn't hurting anyone
>>gal doesn't want to be rescued even
How can you be this naive?

Death Wish is better

the magnum was too big, Travis just dropped it after two shots (first one blew off that guys fingers, second hit sport from down the hall)

I don't relate to the murder part or his hate of degeneracy, but I really feel like one of God's lonely men. I can't sleep, I can't focus, I'm not going anywhere, I don't know anyone.

>t has never seen the searchers and didn't actually watch Taxi Driver

>dude they hugged and danced so that makes it fine to employ a 12 year old prostitute

She loved him and didn't want to leave user
Just because it's something wrong doesn't mean you should celebrate triple homocide and the permanent emotional scarring of a child beyond her already fucked up sensibilities

You're on a list now.

Fun fact, the guy in that scene is actually a cameo from Brian de Palma, the actor who was originally set for the role got sick

thats not brian de palma....

Yes but only because DeNiro is scrawny. Remake should have The Rock

>rorschach
>travis bickle
what are some more essential psychopaths nerds relate to?
>tfw this comic literally exists

The guy in the scene where he talks about killing his wife that user mentioned, you dumb fucking faggot. It's Brian de Palma, he's a well-known director who did Carrie and Deer Hunter

>the man...in the window. Second story. the window there. In the second floor. Third from the right. Do you see it? The man? The man there, in the window. What are you blind?

the 2007-2009 supporting actor Oscar sweep m'good sir

Its scorsese tho

lol. that is NOT brian de palma in the back of the taxi talking about his wife. check your facts, it's scorsese himself.
and i know who brian is, i dont need you to tell me what he's directed
trying to be polite, so you call me a dumb fucking faggot instead of double checking. dude seriously? grow up

The Punisher

Lmao implying this ISN'T de Palma
Scorsese is a jew, his facial hair grows a lot wispier than this
Also Cimino did Deer Hunter

>It's Brian de Palma, he's a well-known director who did Carrie and Deer Hunter
>The Deer Hunter

Scorsese used to cameo in his movies all the time like Hitchcock. He also used to sport a black goatee.

You should see what a 44 Magnum's gonna do to a woman's pussy

Why do people call anyone with different morals than them psychopaths? Is it just deflecting their own personal shortcomings onto a person who is willing to fight instead of being a sheep and letting the world be fucked by the evil?

why are all the good actors leftists?

The movie makes no sense to me. Are we suppose to just gawk at how psychotic he is the whole time? The only relate-able people are the women and he never targets them. Are we suppose to keep engaged because a politician we barely knows life is in danger?

If I were remaking the movie I would cut most of the taxi driver stuff and make it more about the drama of women and the people of 1970s new York.

It's a slice of life.

Empaths

It's a movie about alienation user
You might be too adjusted

But then you couldn't call it Taxi Driver
just watch The Deuce then
cause that pretty much sums up that show

No you're a very sane modern male

thats because youre looking it from a mentally healthy perspective and see how pathetic he is. Mentally unstable people will watch it and think travis is nobel

I don't think he's noble, but I definitely understand his perspective and his frustrations.

It's about a guy disconnected from society who can't relate to common shit everyone else does like music or partying, how did you miss the entire point of the movie?

I think it's a conflation between the terms psychopath and sociopath that leads to the thing you are describing.

no, only if you emulate it

Well it's not DeNiro's level of attractiveness ever had any role in the story besides instantly fucking up anyone he actually managed to pull with his autism, so that wouldn't be an inaccurate picture.

No, but webm related is.

Legitimately what was meant by this scene?

Emulating a hero is wrong?

I wish he would have hard turned-down this bitch the second time around. He already knows her true opinion of him. And then she tries to be all friendly and demure because he's a "hero".

It's one of the best shots in the film, and easily overlooked. Not only does it serve to portray Travis's detached state of mind, it also gives a glimpse of events to come: as the shot zooms in on the otherwise clean glass of water, you begin to notice the little bits of grime floating in it. This is the grime that Travis will clean up. The glass is his web of association, because of course a single man can't clean up the entire table.

He did pretty much, she tried to act more friendly and he cut it off with just saying bye and that was it.

If he was like his old self he would've sperged out and asked if he could call her again

did you relate to holden caulfield as well

I could be wrong but I think it was just to show how detached Travis is like said. sometimes when you're depressed you just detach. One time I poured myself some cereal and just stared at it until it went soggy. I wasn't even thinking about anything I just lost time.

Acid Reflux, caused by extreme alcoholism
t. alcoholic.

>Scorsese is a jew
Scorsese is catholic you fucking idiot, even if you don't know his personal life you can easily tell this from watching literally any of his films.

sounds like derealization

Travis never drank.

Scorcese is an Italian you fucking moron.

This scene is one of his most famous cameos.

>Scorcese is an Italian
so a baguette jew then

youtube.com/watch?v=demkUdePT-g

>maple syrup

It'd be weird if you didn't relate to the character.

i relate to him a lot
pic rel is me

Men often relate to him, the character was made to be relatable to men.

Fixing dinner in his room, he crumbles white bread into a bowl and douses it with milk and peach brandy, a combination Mr. Schrader said he himself ate during a period of heavy drinking.
Goddamn, you really can't admit you ever are wrong. On an anonymous board, no less.

also played this character

Same character user.

No, just watch more Scorsese. Or more DUDE WEED LMAO and see why it really just doesn't work as a comedy, especially a combined with authority. Or find it hilarious. The violence part is important.