Did she really love him?... Or was she just programmed to?

Did she really love him?... Or was she just programmed to?

Yes

She was programmed to really love him

So maybe of all the characters in the film, she was the most tragic?

Like a dog loves its owner. I prefer a cat like Luv.

Do any of us truly love or are we just programmed to in order to spread our genes?

>mfw my normie friends say "I liked that scene where K realizes that he was dumb to love a computer program"
yeah haha

Which scene was that?

In 5 years on this site no image has disgusted me as much as this one

So you're saying that Rick and Morty referenced basic philosophy?
Fucking shocking.

She did really love him, but that's because she was programmed to do just that.

I think they would've had shared experiences that the program would've logged. She also didn't bitch or nag the guy; if that isn't love, I don't know what is.

This is a true kino response
Artfully simple, yet plenty meaningful

Its interesting your friends perceived that scene that way. I saw it as him finding that version "vulgar" and not the "real" joi that he knew, but that's probably me projecting

>for once loosey goosey's autistic acting techniques actually made the film more complex

fuck off viral marketer

I don't know why this is triggering for people, Rick is right.

You're friends probably thought the ending of Wall-E was sad.

The banner when the big hologram returns to its position says something like 'Will tell you what you want to hear'

The hologram was just reading and saying what he wanted to hear, it didn't love him or form any sort of connection to him.

It's still incredibly reductive to write that off as "lol you can't love a computer"

The point is that despite her being fake, Joi was literally the most human and supportive thing in his life.

This is something you start to understand about high level waifufagging, sometimes those Anons are so far gone that they need that fantasy just to keep themselves from suicide.

kill yourself faggot

>Will tell you what you want to hear

That doesn't sound like a very effective ad

>Programmed love is not real love

If your life experience and genes program you to like a certain type of girl, and one day you meet this girl, and it’s love at first sight, you were programmed for that, that doesn’t make it «not real love»

Once AI surpasses humanity in intelligence evolution should be perfectly replicable in a computer system. So yes she "really" loved him

But was K unhappy? I didn't actually see any signs of unhappiness at the beginning of the movie when everything was going smoothly. He seemed pretty content. It makes me think maybe he was interacting with joi as a way of practicing acting human, and understanding social interaction

No she didn't really love him. She wasn't even a real person to begin with.

K could've done anything, and the AI simply would've adapted to fit K's desires and loved him regardless.
Basically a sexbot that responds to cues.

fpbp

>It makes me think maybe he was interacting with joi as a way of practicing acting human, and understanding social interaction
That was just Ryan Gosling