Hollywood is screwing movie theaters

I went to a theater today to see Bladerunner 2049 in IMAX at a recently renovated theater. It was a ghost town. This theater usually does good business year round. There isn't a new one to take its place it has a good location and it is in a fairly good size state capital city.

What the hell is Hollywood doing to these theaters with the current slate of crap films they have out? How are your local cinemas holding up?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Bowling-Alone-Collapse-American-Community/dp/0743203046
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dont know what country you are in but in the US we dont care how nice the theater is if its crammed with niggers it will be shit.

I am in the USA. This theater isn't crammed with niggers it's not crammed with anyone. Hollywood is no longer providing a good enough slate of films for these multiplex to survive. It is very bad.

This book pretty much explains what is happening .

amazon.com/Bowling-Alone-Collapse-American-Community/dp/0743203046

Can I get a basic synopsis in your words.

Diversity causes people to engage with others less and less. The more diverse a region the less people become involved in civic activities like volunteering, bowling leagues or going to the movies. The author isnt a Sup Forums type either he hates his own conclusions from the research.

This is one aspect. This is the part that has changed the publics perceptions of the theater experience. Now that they have 4k home theaters and movies are on home media 3 months after the theater release there is little incentive to go except for major tent pole events like Star Wars or when new tech comes along like 3d.

So I was right about the beaner problem lol

Dead Malls are depressing as fuck.

Interesting thanks.

Over saturation is an issue also. I think people have too many choices for media and arent prioritizing going to the theater as much. I spend an hour trying to find something to watch and I have all of the major streaming services. Alvin Toffler touched on something similar in his book/movie "Future Shock" where we come to a point where we have too many choices or options and we get overloaded and cant make a choice because we cant tell what is the right choice due to similarity. This might be contributing.

>(((Putnam)))

Yeah...no thanks.

My theater is just as busy as always even with nothing but shit movies out.

Of course my theater is really nice and is inside of a giant mall where tons of people are constantly.

Haha back to >/pol racist shit

>t.brainlet

If anything beaner communities thrive when it comes to this type of stuff. Beaners are insanely family oriented.

I've considered your suggestion and decided to stay

What?

I would also add that hollywood has been making some real shit movies for awhile. The majority being based on fucking comic books. The6y need a new genre because that shit is all used up. Plus now movie reviews are telling if I'm looking for a movie.

That specific theater was in Gulfport Mississippi and was destroyed and left abandoned after Hurricane Katrina. It has been torn down and replaced by a Walmart.

Ironically though they get record profits with that shit and with having more of those they should make more money but they arent because of the above mentioned conditions coupled with shitty economy for 8 years and ticket prices. Many people felt burned by the theaters years ago and with home theaters just have not returned.

“Never believe that redditors are completely unaware of the faggotry of their replies. They know that their remarks are hot headed, open to smug frogs replies. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use memes responsibly, since he believes in memes. The redditor have the right to circlejerk. They even like to play with samefagging for, by giving ridiculous notarguments, they discredit the funposting of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to bore and subvert. If you shitpost them too much, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for going to /pol is now.”

Lol Putnam's work could be used to support a lot of the alt-right's worldviews but okay

>believing fake news about hurricanes

LOL there hasn't been a hurricane in the gulf for well over 25 years.

You don't need to read a book to know the death of mid-budget films

The only movies that are getting release in theatres are low-budget films (1-5 mil, I'll go and say maybe even to 10 mil) and big budget films (100 mil and up). there is no middle ground anymore. Thats's gone. That's dead. You can get a couple of mils, hell, you can make a movie with less than that today. It's super easy to make a movie nowadays. Hell if you want to make a capeshit schlock you can do it, that's how spiderman homecoming and other shit happened. Some guy made a low budget film, oh we will use him. He's not gonna have any real influence over film, but who cares. Work is work. He'll get paid.
it's not hollywood. no, really. it's not. The Nice guys flopped. Blade Runner is flopping. You can't force people into watching something.

I literally lived there when it happened....

>if its crammed with niggers it will be shit.
fucking this

Same here. It's actually been busier this fall than it's ever been.

Found the niggers.

>How are your local cinemas holding up?

There's only 1 left. Popcorn was $10 for a small like 5-8 years ago and tickets were $15 each. It isn't IMAX. I only know because one of my cousins wanted to see whatever Transformer movie there was at the time. The entire time some niggers were hooting and hollering the entire time. That's never been a thing before. I haven't been to a movie theater for 15ish years except for that one time. I don't recommend it.

I'd rather stay home and watch pirated movies on my 3 feet wide screen with good food, alcohol, family, and friends.