They literally beat the bad guys by playing really loud beastie boys® music

>they literally beat the bad guys by playing really loud beastie boys® music

jesus fucking christ. guardians of the galaxy ruined sci-fi

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/A_Piece_of_the_Action_(episode)
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Shore_Leave_(episode)
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Turnabout_Intruder_(episode)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sofiaaaaa

GotG wasn't Sci-Fi

lol, you don't like fun? isn't it fun? it's fun, guys. fun. jokes, haha. i love the fun. i am having so much fun. fun films are fun and fun and fun. lol. fun fun fun it's so much fun i wish i was fucking dead.

I agree, it's more Future Fantasy then Science Fantasy.

Hmmm... yes. Quite the genre distinction. Very, very necessary for the academic paper I am writing on cinematic dogshit. What would you list as the main differences between "Future Fantasy" and "Science Fiction"? Let's nail this one down, my God, and we will have really discovered something important. Just what flavour of shit -- is -- this shit?

t. retard

man quinto is a shitty spock

The question you should be asking is why would a villain create a system where his computer synchronized swarm ships could easily be made to crash into each other using fucking radio waves.

wish there was more sci fi out there like black mirror, the constant action flicks are cringe worthy

It oddly works

Her doing whiteface was cultural appropriation, shitlord. How do they get away with it

CUNT, the difference is obvious: look at Star Trek and Star Wars.

Star Trek tries to extrapolate from history, present politics and technological development what a hypothetical future society might look like. It's supposed to be scientific, even if it's not fully physics-compliant.

Star Wars is a classic heroic fantasy with a dashing young chosen one, his doomed mentor, an evil parent overlord, a heroic scoundrel, etc. They just took the orcs and shit and called them aliens, and magic The Force.

Sci-Fi is supposed to be focused on science, technology, exploration and the human spirit, in the future. Space Fantasy (or future fantasy) is a heroic story that just uses space as window dressing, with its core themes easily transplantable across eras.

That's not to say one is better than the other, just that they are different. There is certainly some overlap (Alien is not pure Sci-Fi, but it's not "just" horror either, for example) and it's sometimes difficult to categorize stuff, but just because it's set in space or has aliens doesn't mean it's automatically Sci-Fi.

Sci stands for SCIENCE Fiction, there has to be some element of science and technological progress.

she likes to work with prosthetics, thats why they took her for mummy too, Alex Kurtzman knew she is great eye/body actress, so no matter how many makeup and shits they put, she will handle this
and honestly could stare into these eyes for hours

You know the proper term for how you're describing star wars is "space opera," right? But that meaning was lost because retards thought "space = good, opera = good, space opera = doubleplus good!"

>he didn't watch Robotech
what a fucking faggot you are

Yeah it was. You're an idiot.

Reminder the source material for this reboot has Kirk landing on a planet of 1930s gangsters, manifesting the rabbit of Alice in Wonderland, and switching bodies with a female

Hooray! Someone out there gets it.

>black mirror

you pathetic cunt

think it's more JJ Abrams ruins franchises

I only just realized that with Beyond. He's so fucking bad.

>Reminder the source material for this reboot has Kirk landing on a planet of 1930s gangsters, manifesting the rabbit of Alice in Wonderland, and switching bodies with a female
What??

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/A_Piece_of_the_Action_(episode)
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Shore_Leave_(episode)
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Turnabout_Intruder_(episode)

oh, I read your post wrong.

Yeah the original Trek had a lot in common with anthology shows like Outer Limits and Twilight zone. Nimoy and Shatner both acted on those shows before Trek, and I think Trek may have also inherited writers from them too because a lot of the crazier Trek episodes could have easily been Twilight Zone episodes with a few set and prop changes.

Yeah, this generation of Hollywood is lost in drugs. It'll be worse in 20 years.

No it wasn't and neither is OPs trash.