Was the direction marvel went with cyclops a mistake?

Was the direction marvel went with cyclops a mistake?

killing him was

Cyclops having a visor instead of having to deal with always having to have his eyes shut unless he was using his powers feels like a missed opportunity dating back to his inception.

Well considering he is fucking dead I'd say so

Marvel was a mistake

Yes. They ruined his character . If you read old comics with him he's a cool and good character but if you read comics with him today he's like a different character .

Marvel are racists.

HE LEFT HIS WIFE AND SON

I thought he couldn't control the beams unless he had it on.

I enjoyed watching him evolve up until AvX when they threw his entire character under the bus. I wasn't even really opposed to schism other than the fact that Marvel are hacks and had to choose Wolverine of all people to be the opposition. After that though they've really just went to hell in a handbasket.

You want him to just be walking around blind with his eyes closed 24/7 unless he's fighting? That sounds pretty boring.

i always thought that was the most realistic thing they made him do.

I don't think it was a mistake.

It was character development unintentionally done right. It was straight up poetry. Scott started as a devoted naive boyscout who represented everything Charles was working for. He was supposed to be the inheritor and continuation of Xavier's ideals. He slowly became more and more disillusioned and we saw him move further away from Xavier on the Charles/Magnus spectrum. Finally culminating in his murder of Charles and Magneto bowing down to Scott because he accomplished everything Magneto had tried so hard and failed to do.

Now you've got a character who is part Xavier and part Magneto leading mutantkind and it's fascinating.

See Scott used to be boring. Nobody like Cyclops as a kid. There's a reason everyone gravitated towards Wolverine. They've managed to take someone who many people found one of the lamest X-Men and make him the most interesting mutant they have.

>See Scott used to be boring. Nobody like Cyclops as a kid. There's a reason everyone gravitated towards Wolverine. They've managed to take someone who many people found one of the lamest X-Men and make him the most interesting mutant they have.

That's just because kids always like the edgy characters. That doesn't mean he was a bad character.

I wasn't speaking to whether he was good or bad one way or the other. But everyone liked Nightcrawler, Bobby, Wolverine, Colossus. Nobody was ever excited when they were stuck playing Cyclops.

He'd be a much better blackbolt than blackbolt, especially if his blasts were infinitely stronger.

I guess I was the only kid who didn't hate Cyclops.
I never even knew Colossus was a thing until I was a teenager.

No. Having Bendis at the wheel was a mistake, and killing him off was a mistake, but the direction they went in with him becoming more radical and a "revolutionary" was sound.

sounds like you liked dicks as a kid

Yeah Wolverine was pretty cool.

Cyclops was great as a kid he shot giant lasers from his eyes. Kids played based on their powers no one gave a fuck about their backstories.

>squint
>Touch temple
>"pew"

Kids watched the cartoons in which Cyclops was a whiney goody 2 shoes and a LITERAL cuck

The direction, no
The execution, yes

>literal cuck
NO YOU!
I remember the optic blasts.

Yes. Insufferable shit.

Bendis was a mistake.

>Nobody like Cyclops as a kid.

EVERY TIME SOMEONE WRITES THIS I DIE A LITTLE INSIDE

Hey I love Cyke. It's simply the truth. Ol' condomhead was the wet blanket of the team.

>Implying the mistake is over.

He keeps on mistaking.

Yeah in the fucking fox cartoon from the early 90s maybe

Pisses me off that people like you run the X-office now

And in every other X-Men cartoon.

Plus, whether or not you want to admit it or not Evolution is what an entire generation was raised on.

depends when and how they revive him

Evolution Cyclops was best boy

>Marvel keeps hamhandedly trying to turn Cyclops into the villain
>the audience keeps memeing him into Rightclops until Marvel has to go with it and pretend that's what they meant all along to cover up how hacky they are
AvX
IvX

It keeps happening

IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS

They never tried to turn him into a villain, just an antihero.

They didn't know what to do with him post-Secret Wars so he was vaugely referred to as a crazy maniac killer by his former teammates

He could be like Daredevil
Imagine you are fighting a blind guy and suddenly laser punches

And then Daredevil could get all pouty because he's overshadowed by Cyclops.
He and wolverine could commiserate over drinks.