Anybody else really annoyed Katana is being shoved on the Squad? I don't know whose idea it was...

Anybody else really annoyed Katana is being shoved on the Squad? I don't know whose idea it was, but she really doesn't with as Rick Flag's bitch.

I thought JLA would put her back in a JL, since the team basically looks like an Outsiders reboot, but no. We need Lobo to be a good guy for some reason

Someone needs Flag's back

Use Peacemaker or something. There are tons of characters who work for the military as is. Why drag Katana into this besides synergy?

It's called Synergy user, DC finally has something that they can use with that.

She's got more reason to be there than Harley fucking Quinn. If you're gonna bitch about anyone bitch about her because if we're behind enemy lines Id rather be backed up by the lady with a sword that eats souls than Ms LOL IM SO WACKY!

Well the Outsiders are never coming back and there isn't really any other place for 80's DC characters right now, so I'm fine with it.

I have hope user. What else will Geo Force and Black Lightning be in? What about my boy Metamorpho?

I feel like Peacemaker would not work on the Squad at all.

>Black Lightning
He and Blue Devil had a really fun team up in DC Comics Presents at the start of New 52

But you know, it was an anthology on the American comic market so it was doomed from the start

I find it weird how they were trying to push Black Lightning and Blue Devil as their latest great bromance. So random.

Nobody cares about Geo Force user. More people care about you than care about Geo Force.

Rob Williams' sincere shot at Suicide Squad has convinced me we're just never going to have anything as good as the Ostrander Squad here ever again and we all just have to live with that.

Seeley Squad was great until it was unceremoniously killed.

desu I think Ostrander Squad wasn't an attempt to launch a new property, it's just an idea Ostrander and Yale had and that's why it worked so well. Ellis and Parker had pretty decent Squad runs over at Marvel, but they never would have worked at DC because they would have to live under the shadow of Ostrander and Yale's run.

Also, I feel like way too many current writers were raised by comics literarily speaking, whereas Ostrander and Yale were a bit more cultured

>cultured
I wouldn't say cultured, Ostrander definitely had some life experience behind him before he became a writer. he wasn't fresh out of school

People still make outside references in comics but there's some stuff in the O+Y Squad that is specific to them, yeah. Like how Count Vertigo is kinda channeling Ostrander's stage experience.

I don't think that kinda stuff is absolute nope ever but I agree with your other point, that trying to replicate just isn't the same. I'd be more down for a totally new take on the SS at this point, although that would probably just get you 100% movie squad and bleh.

It was always a fill-in slot and to be honest I think it was just okay.

>I'd be more down for a totally new take on the SS at this point

Secret Six was sort of that

Yeah, you're right and it was able to have that new round of characterizations to play with because you weren't trying to match expectations as much. Though there's some hits the squad can make it can't.

Eh, I don't really know what I want. Waller is probably hands-down the best character from the GOAT squad run, and nowadays I think it'd be more interesting to boot her upstairs and move her onto new things, and likely you'd take flak for even pitching that.

Thanks. That means at least two people care :')

Yeah that was weird. I thought it was a pretty solid story, but I think BL could have gone better with a character he had some history with, like Geo Force or Green Arrow (although they definitely didn't get along in old continuity)

movie

synergy

I was mentioning him as Flag's right hand man. Katana is on the Squad voluntarily, and just backs up Flag.

I don't know whether that's dumb or not. Kinda depends how she's written. She's kinda, very hands-on-will-fuck-you-up in Outsiders but also surprisingly warm and motherly to her teammates? What's her reason for joining the squad?

Flag and Peacemaker would try and kill each other at some point in that position, not that that means it's a bad idea.

This is the one instance where I want her costume to get movie synergy'd, because it's the best one she's ever had

Yep. Get her a motorbike too.