Why were the Avengers blamed for the casualties of the first Avengers movie when the government wanted to stop the...

Why were the Avengers blamed for the casualties of the first Avengers movie when the government wanted to stop the invasion by nuking the entire city?

>Marvel civilians being irrational

This is what they are known for, even in the comics. I think it's funny.

>why are governments covering their own asses and dumping the blame on others
jesus christ user open your eyes

Just a reminder that the Government official who ordered NYC get nuked was Malaik from the Agents of Shield show.

>Thinking the MCU is intelligent

It's not that much as it is the Avengers just willingly accepting it that bothers me.

Fuck that image is old. My ex used to use it as a reason for Marvel being better than DC 7 years ago.

shhh 'not canon meme' is so dank apparently we ignore things like this

>tfw I've been here for a decade

Marvel actually displays amazing continuity by keeping their civilians angry assholes even in the movies.

Tony being distraught about a black teenager dying in Sokovia when Wanda, who lost everything she ever knew and everyone she ever loved, is sitting right across from him.

Most of them don't.

I honestly didn't even notice until I had Avengers on for background noise and I herd his voice, kind of blew my mind away that Hydra would decide to nuke one of the largest cities 8n the world.

im more concerned with the man who invented another biggererer hulk and destroyed a college campus and most of harlem with him got elected to the cabinet..also had time to play golf and wasnt looking for banner...and ignores his daughter all together...

also got obama out after one term, and ellis in as president.

Tony is like that, he gets guilty about something and then overreacts in an effort to 'fix' it and assuage said guilt

Wanda also is a terrorist, so she should just be happy everyone turns a blind eye.

Obama wasn't president as it doesn't make sense in the timeline. Luke Cage doesn't count as Netflix Marvel doesn't give a shit about MCU continuity.

Man, you have no business making this thread in a timeline where the government in real life is blaming Russian hackers for Trump winning the election.

After Ultron and IM 3 Tony succumbed to guilt. Rhodey is a yes-man soldier. Vision gave his reasoning in the movie.

The rest were against. Widow was team Iron Man because she wanted to avoid more conflict. So she was willing to let the government fuck her ass like the slut she is.

Honestly its not as bad as Batman vs Superman

>Holy shit Superman is fighting this weird ass monster that came outta nowhere

>They're both in the air above Metropolis

>I know lets nuke em both over the city

They created the entire Fucking situation

How is that not as bad?

Because Avengers at least had the excuse of there being an army with advanced weaponry coming out of a portal taking over the city

In BvS its literally one monster that we saw shrug off some bullets for about 10 minutes

Because it's typical of humans to want to hold someone accountable for misfortunes. In this case those actually accountable were already dead or to their knowledge at least. So they blamed the people standing closest to the disaster.
Same reason the Avengers got blamed for Crossbones allah ackbaring himself in Africa.

The monster was going toe to toe with a guy everybody is shitting their pants over as a one man apocalypse.

in your headcannon maybe

Honestly it's the other way around. The avengers where controlling the situation by themselves, and half of them are literally "men with guns are threats" power tier ranking. The invasion could have probably have been easily crushed by the national guard, nuking shouldn't have been on the table.

Superman was going even with doomsday and Doomsday was getting stronger, if Doomsday managed to buck Superman then they lose the nuclear option.

Because shit flows downhill. The higher ups will always pass the blame down to the guys on the ground

the same general in avengers that want to nuke nyc was the same general that wants the un to control the avengers

I don't think Ross was ranked that high at that point, he probably got big wig status after Hydra was exposed in WS

It honestly bothered the hell out of me that they show the attack on New York and Ultron attempting to lift up a meteor, and compare it to a small-scale explosion in some backwater country. Like, what would be better, let the people down in that market die? Somehow they're less important than the Wakandan individuals?

It just seems really flimsy to spark all that shit.

The problem was that people were killed, despite the Avengers attempts to save as many people as they could and they didn't stick around for cleanup or search-and-rescue, they just took off.

It's a pity none of the Avengers was like "Hey Ross, you're missing some footage, wasn't there a big hoopla in Harlem a few years ago as well...?"

I thought it odd that at no point did anybody bring up that "shouldn't we be blaming the perpetrators, not the people trying their best to stop them?" to the accusers.

Like, there are a couple of ways to shoot it down, but it seemed like too basic of an argument not to be made.

Besides, Tony was the one who created Ultron and led to the apocalypse event that followed. If anything, the lesson was let the Avengers do what they need to and keep *specifically* Tony under a leash.