Quotes, philosophies, books and whatnot

Let's get a thread of wise words going, no matter the context. Dumping what I have. Whoever wants to complain has to do better first.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_YkvSl1v2k
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kekism
youtube.com/user/ThuleanPerspective
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"OP is a faggot"

>Complains but doesn't do better

There is no change that the people who read this quotes do not recognize that the Western civilization is indeed the most beautiful, magnificient and efficient ever created

That's it, I'm out of pics. Contribute if you don't want the thread to slide

One last

I'll close off with my favorite poem in english

youtube.com/watch?v=H_YkvSl1v2k

Well, guess it's time to make past architecture disappear to pave the way for modern architecture..

save

“The strangest thing about humans is the way they pair up, males and females. Constantly at war with each other, never content to leave each other alone. They never seem to grasp the idea that males and females are separate species with completely different needs and desires, forced to come together only to reproduce
Of course you feel that way. Your mates are nothing but mindless drones, extensions of yourself, without their own identity.
We know our lovers with perfect understanding. Humans invent an imaginary lover and put that mask over the face of the body in their bed.
That is the tragedy of language, my friend. Those who know each other only through symbolic representations are forced to imagine each other. And because their imagination is imperfect, they are often wrong,
This is the source of their misery.
And some of their strength, I think. Your people and mine, each for their own evolutionary reasons, mate with vastly unequal partners. Our mates are always, hopelessly, our intellectual inferiors. Humans mate with beings who challenge their supremacy. They have conflicts between mates, not because their communication is inferior to ours, but because they commune with each other at all.”
― Orson Scott Card, Xenocide

powerful stuff

“Earthborn animals do this thing, inside their brains—a sort of firing-off of synapses, controlled insanity. While they’re asleep. The part of their brain that records sight or sound, it’s firing off every hour or two while they sleep; even when all the sights and sounds are complete random nonsense, their brains just keep on trying to assemble it into something sensible. They try to make stories out of it. It’s complete random nonsense with no possible correlation to the real world, and yet they turn it into these crazy stories. And then they forget them. All that work, coming up with these stories, and when they wake up they forget almost all of them. But when they do remember, then they try to make stories about those crazy stories, trying to fit them into their real lives.
…They change what their stories mean. They transform things so that the same memory can mean a thousand different things. Even from their dreams, sometimes they make up out of that randomness something that illuminates everything.
…Even if the vast majority of them are wrong, even if ninety-nine of every hundred is stupid and wrong, out of those thousands of ideas that still leaves them with a hundred good ones. That’s how they make up for being so stupid and having such short lives and small memories.”

what is "huckstering" ?

“Hive Queen: They never know anything. They don't have enough years in their little lives to come to an understanding of anything at all. And yet they think they understand. From earliest childhood, they delude themselves into thinking they comprehend the world, while all that's really going on is that they've got some primitive assumptions and prejudices. As they get older they learn a more elevated vocabulary in which to express their mindless pseudo- knowledge and bully other people into accepting their prejudices as if they were truth, but it all amounts to the same thing. Individually, human beings are all dolts.

Pequenino: While collectively...

Hive Queen: Collectively, they're a collection of dolts. But in all their scurrying around and pretending to be wise, throwing out idiotic half-understood theories about this and that, one or two of them will come up with some idea that is just a little bit closer to the truth than what was already known. And in a sort of fumbling trial and error, about half the time the truth actually rises to the top and becomes accepted by people who still don't understand it, who simply adopt it as a new prejudice to be trusted blindly until the next dolt accidentally comes up with an improvement.

Pequenino: So you're saying that no one is ever individually intelligent, and groups are even stupider than individuals-- and yet by keeping so many fools engaged in pretending to be intelligent, they still come up with some of the same results that an intelligent species would come up with.

Hive Queen: Exactly.”

“Valentine had long ago observed that in a society that expected chastity and fidelity, like Lusitania, the adolescents who controlled and channeled their youthful passions were the ones who grew up to be both strong and civilized. Adolescents in such a community who were either too weak to control themselves or too contemptuous of society's norms to try usually ended up being either sheep or wolves- either mindless members of the herd or predators who took what they could and gave nothing.”

whats this from?

PEEEEWWWWWDIEPIE

xenocide, really good series of books and highly recommended

For in much sorrow is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
Ecclesiasts 1:18

"Up from the spray of thy ocean-perishing-straight up, leaps thy apotheosis.
From Moby Dick

“If God created our will, then he's responsible for every choice we make... So-- as I recall, the official philosophical answer is that free will doesn't exist. Only the illusion of free will, because the causes of hour behavior are so complex that we can't trace them back. If you've got one line of dominoes knocking each other down, one by one, then you can always say, look, this domino fell because that one pushed it. But when you have an infinite number of dominoes that can be traced back in an infinite number of directions, you can never find where the causal chain begins. So you think, That domino fell because it wanted to... Even if there is no such thing as free will, we have to treat each other as if there were free will in order to live together in society.”

thanks bro

“Hive Queen: So many of your people are becoming Christians. Believing in the god these humans brought with them.

Human: You don’t believe in God?

Hive Queen: The question never came up. We have always remembered how we began.

Human: You evolved. We were created.

Hive Queen: By a virus.

Human: By a virus that God created in order to create us.

Hive Queen: So you, too, are a believer.

Human: I understand belief.

Hive Queen: No—you desire belief.

Human: I desire it enough to act as if I believed. Maybe that’s what faith is.

Hive Queen: Or deliberate insanity.”

“Civilization is only a pretense; in the crisis, we become mere apes again, forgetting the rational biped of our pretensions and becoming instead the hairy primate at the mouth of the cave, screeching at the enemy, wishing it would go away, fingering the heavy stone that we’ll use the moment it comes close enough.”

Ender's Game is the best book I ever read as a child. Cannot unsee the elite tricking good soldiers into killing an enemy that wanted peace.

We defeated the buggers with that deliberate insanity if I remember correctly.

"They never expected the soldier to throw himself on top of a grenade in order to save a fellow man. The concept was foreign to them and it was their demise." Or something like that from Bean

The concept of a "Kamikaze" was insane to the Buggers because they could never imagine a sentient being killing itself deliberately even for the good of other sentient beings.

The Japanese were on to something.

Which is funny because the way the buggers saw us did not even register to them as other sentient life because they thought other sentient life would be like them as a hive mind. They thought we were just cattle.

I wish there was a race of hive minded insectoid aliens though.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kekism

>sentient jewish overlords
>brown hordes of useful idiot eurasian negroids
Were on our way there

They are amazing especially since the author is a christain supposedly, I still need to read up on his last book.

"There are encounters that change nothing. Urth turns her aged face to the sun and he beams upon her snows; they scintillate and coruscate until each little point of ice hanging from the swelling sides of the towers seems the Claw of the Conciliator, the most precious of gems. Then everyone except the wisest believes that the snow must melt and give way to a protracted summer beyond summer. Nothing of the sort occurs. The paradise endures for a watch or two, then shadows blue as watered milk lengthen on the snow, which shifts and dances under the spur of an east wind. Night comes, and all is as it was."

"That we cannot change what we are remains our unforgivable sin."
-Book of the New Sun

That is a quote about people.

This is not true, is it?

>Sup Forums.org in a nutshell.

OSC is a Mormon, actually.

He's rare among people and Mormons especially in that he can keep his beliefs almost entirely apart from his work. He's incredibly good at setting his personal beliefs aside and creating characters that examine different sides of complex moral issues and making them all seem like they have a good point.

Bans of Väinämöinen:
>Don't blame the innocent
>Don't take a young spouse, if you're old
>Don't take wallet from an unmarried
>Don't bow to gold, don't falter before silver
>Don't eat the intestines and organs of an animal
>Don't whistle or sing unnecessarily near water
>Don't bring sourdough from Pohjola
>Don't behave badly in a boat
>Don't swim dangerously
>Don't lie on a road
>Don't yell at midnight
>Don't lament the dead
>Don't rock on rocks

Other laws:
>Don't kill swans
>Incest is prohibited
>Murderers and other "eternal wrongdoers" will end up beneath the world pillar, where Pohjola and Manala lie

short but really informative and pretty red pilled

I read this in his voice. Cool guy. Here's his jewtube.

youtube.com/user/ThuleanPerspective

Great, very relevant in 2016 I must say

kek

wait!
>Don't bring sourdough from Pohjola

ruisleipa from kuopio/savo is the bomb. unless you mean "don't share that amazing shit"

explain yourself snowbro.

>"OP is a faggot"
>>Complains but doesn't do better
>>OpinionDescarted.jpg

Pretty sweet bantz OP.

BTW,I'm enjoying it. Thanks.

> berg

what is the Jew