Does a suit like this actually help you attract women?

Does a suit like this actually help you attract women?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoot_suit
youtube.com/watch?v=1IqH3uliwJY)
vevo.com/watch/janet-jackson/alright/USUV70702355
m.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Mcqvvh1S4
youtube.com/watch?v=c4uRsU3_eGA
youtube.com/watch?v=bE1Ro_wPGIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Not today. And not if you were white. It was a 40s thing among minorities - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoot_suit

Can confirm this, My grandpa used to wear them back in the day. First big paycheck after ironworking and he bought a zoot suit and a walking cane and strutted around New York City.

I just now realized this is basically the same as how MC Hammer dressed. nothing ever changes

I don't think I'll ever know what it's like to feel like the hottest shit that has ever existed, as your grandfather must have felt that day.

Is it the 40s or are you trying to land a woman with a 1940s fetish?

>1940s fetish
If only....

Are zoot suits completely out of style now?

Woah, where did you find this picture of me?

The slang would get super annoying.

Nope, but that never stopped Americans from trying.

Lets humor Boco and ask him

Well, it helped him to attract a little pussy...

>now
You might have been able to wear one for a brief little window in the 90s, (youtube.com/watch?v=1IqH3uliwJY) but that moment slipped away fast. Other than that, they've been out of style for 70 years.

He truly lived in the age of legends.
A man out in the world with only a 4th grade education, but with a trade you could support a family of six and live all sorts of fine. He bought my Mom and aunts a pet spider monkey at one point when they were kids.

Yes. Yes it does.

God damn. Aside from all the inevitable racism he faced, sounds like he was living the dream better than most of us today.

Well, that or if you're the Joker.

Figures Boco is a chicken fucker

I unironically want to wear a zoot suit.

Fair enough.

My pussy's already wet desu!

You got me in a sway and I want to swing ya dove., now you sailors know where your women come for love

You got 296 days user.

Until what?

Someone's making a pretty big assumption there.

who the fuck likes tom and jerry anymore

Probably. All I know is I have a college education and a job as a programmer, but I still can barely afford to live alone in the city. And not even a coastal city, a midwest city.

Lot's of a people. Slapstick never dies.

Although I always hated it. Tom wasn't a jerk who deserved his pain. Jerry was a fucking cunt who never got his comeuppance.

Depends on the version. It wasn't as good after Hanna Barbera left.

WHATS JUMPIN CHICK

I think its the same reason Catdog was popular for a while, people love seeing someone suffer for being what they are. Roadrunner and Coyote and same situation as well I suppose.

Halloween, the only day it would be acceptable to dress like that

I don't know if I can believe the sites I found googling "1940's slang" but it looks like most of it is still in use today.

Which one, Sup Forums?

These are the ones I was reading
Able Grable = Girl with low morals
Above my Pay Grade=Don’t ask me
Ameche = Telephone
Anchor Clanker = Sailor
Bird = Girl
Bobbysox Brigade = Young Jitterbugs
Cheaters = Sunglasses
Chucklehead = Unintelligent person
Clams = Money
Clobbered = Have a crush on
Cookin’ with Helium = Dances well and fast
Christopher Columbus = Exclamation of surprise
Crumb = Jerk, no fun
Cut a rug = Dance
Dead Hooper = Poor or bad dancer
Digging the Jive = Dance
Dish = Cute Girl
Don’t go into a decline = Don’t get depressed
Dopey = Not smart, nerdy
Drip = A boring person
Duds = Clothing, apparel
Flip Your Wig = Lose control of yourself
Floy floy = Nonsense
Gab = Short for Gabardine fabric
Gate = short for Alligator = Jitterbug
Goo and the moo = Pancakes, syrup and milk
Humdinger = Remarkable, outstanding
I’m Going Fishing = Looking for a date
Jalopy = Car
Jeepers = Exclamation of alarmJiffy = Quick
Jits = Jitterbug
Jive = Swing Music
Keister = Rump
Khaki Wacky = Boy Crazy
Killer Diller = The best, ultimate
Knockin it out = Dance amazingly
Kopescetic = Fine, okay
Lamb = Nice person
Lay an egg = Be Boring
Lay off = Leave alone, quit bothering
Licorice stick = Clarinet
Mitts = hands
Off the cob = Corny, goofy
On the beam = Cool, A-one
Peepers = Eyes
Pegs = Legs
Pennies From Heaven = Easy money
Quenchers = Cold Drinks
Reet = Very
Rug cutter = Dancer
Rusty dusty = Rump
Slack happy = Dumb and happy
Specs = Eyeglasses
Squidy = Sailor
Strictly from Dixie = Corny, not cool
Swabbie = Sailor
Swell = Great
Swing a wing = Dance Swing
Take a Powder = Get Lost, Lay off

salt water tabby all the way

Yes. It really moistens my nether regions when I see a handsome man in a zoot suit sauntering down the street. Please help popularize this attire, men of Sup Forums.

Salt Water's body with Casanova's head.

Be honest, it was probably just one of your underfed cousins.

Again, almost half of those are still used today. A portion aren't used, but are understandable. Most of the rest are only relevant to the time period. Only a handful have really been lost to history.

I feel like you are trying to trick me.

mustve been frustrating how the racism actually got kinda worse a decade later, then all issuey, then better, then a few decades later all issuey again

Everything cycles.

Back in the 40's, sure. Back then, there was fabric rationing because of the war. The zoot suit, purposely using more material that was necessary, served the dual purpose of telling the man to go fuck himself and showing off how much disposable income the wearer had. Girls love a bad boy with cash.

well most of the time, there admittedly was the occasional episode where Tom was the one being a dick for no good reason(like the one where Jerry saves him from freezing to death, and then Tom ungratefully tries to kick him out of his home)

Zoot Cat girl, she's got the most personality of any of Tom's love interests from my recollection, and she's still pretty cute

honestly surprised no one's tried to do a fusion chart of Tom's love interests, would have some amazing results if done right

>then Tom ungratefully tries to kick him out of his home
Okay, that's a dick move. Still, his job and entire reason living in the house was to keep vermin out. At most, he should have given Jerry some food and still sent him out graciously. Still doesn't explain nearly every other fucking episode.

Depends on the time period.

>Okay, that's a dick move. Still, his job and entire reason living in the house was to keep vermin out. At most, he should have given Jerry some food and still sent him out graciously
note that in that episode that house was Jerry's, Tom was living on the street

and yeah Tom was most of the time just doing his job, although he did have a tendency to go overboard in trying to get rid of Jerry, so he's not completely blameless here

Okay. Fair enough. He fucked up badly there. Still, he was blameless in a lot of episodes. I'll never get over when he was a French Musketeer and tried to keep Jerry and his fucking cousin away from the royal feast. He failed and was executed for it via guillotine. And fucking Jerry and cousin's line? "C'est La Vie!" Fuck you Jerry. You didn't even want the food. You clearly just wanted to murder Tom while keeping your own hands clean.

worst one in my opinion is the one where Tom becomes rich, Jerry is not only a dick, but a stupid one, he either should have let Tom leave his life freely, or been more smart about mooching off of him

So that's what Thing meant whenever he said "It's Clobbering Time!"

Hey, nobody forced Tom to work for an insane, trigger happy lunatic.

[Y O U S E T M Y S O U L O N F I R E]

Oh yeah, didn't Daria have an episode about it?

[ZOOT SUIT RIOT] is a better choice

>oversized garments
Not even doing the "im in the wrong decade" meme, but this shit is really up my alley

Shit is fucking awesome isn't it?

You will never this HEP

So anyone here from /fa/ I guess...
Whats current Year's Zoot Suit?

Personally, I'd drop my panties and spread my cheeks until he breaks my spine.

Puss N' Toots

I have found my people

In this one instance, I wish I wasn't white. Only then could I theoretically wear a zoot suit and actually pull it off.

There's still hope for you, white brother

You just have to believe

Yeah, I don't think belief will make me look like anything other than a fucking dipshit tool in a big ass purple suit.

But I can dream. I can dream.

Nah, Mexicans wore that shit to show they didn't care about not wasting resources in order to fight Hitler.
So at most you'll get Hitler loving Mexican women.

The New Jack Swing era (hip hop and R&B having a baby), including Hammer, was derided by some to be wearing "zoot suits". Makes sense, you have the word swing in your genre.

I once had to wear a suit for an afterschool event, and my crush who more or less (justifiably) hated my guts 90% of the time was actually really attracted. Obviously needs to be contextually appropriate, but yes, some people, if not most, will be impressed if you're sharply dressed.

You guys would love the late 80s and early 90s. Colorful baggy clothes were in back then.

Regardless, the old swag was better.

God damn right it was better.

vevo.com/watch/janet-jackson/alright/USUV70702355

m.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Mcqvvh1S4

>The zoot suits actually fit in with the era
>Cab Calloway was in both of the videos
>both had a swing beat

I should have posted these with my earlier posts.

Kid Creole is still rocking the Zoot for over 30 years: youtube.com/watch?v=c4uRsU3_eGA

But, we can can go wider: youtube.com/watch?v=bE1Ro_wPGIU

Yes, though it doesn't get women's panties soaked like a fedora and trench coat combo would.

>Rusty dusty = Rump

no pic related is how you attract pyros

Dammit I can't hear that intro without thinking about that humanized kamen rider dinosaurs disguised as blues brothers cartoon.

On a semi related note. Cherry Poppin' Daddies social media handle is CPDaddies, which should raise an eyebrow or two if you've been here long enough.

People always tell me I look like I'm from the 40's because I always dress up to look my best haha

It worked for him

I mean he probably got called a nigger a lot, but he didn't seem to let that stop him. Good on your granddad.

fun fact: they wanted this short to win another oscar.

Not if you can pull it off. If you're going to be self conscious and afraid to to wear something don't try it. But if you can pull it off...

Byrne is a fucking legend

Reviewbrah pls.

I think you're asking the wrong board here.

We're twice as gay as /fa/!

It's a good short.

That's a compliment. Even if it's not intended as such. Continue to care about your appearance.

you sure are a boppin' Hollywood eyes, kat!

>hairstyle and sideburns right out of the 70s
>drawn to the appearance of leisure suits
>believe the 1970s were a serious contender for the peak of human achievement.
Am I out of touch?
NO.
it's the children and the elderly who are wrong.