/STD/ General - Star Trek Discovery

Old thread:

Nice. A properly named thread.

It's DIS or DSC, not STD.

Here, take this

in the end everyone the media calls it one thing since its what all the fans are using and that is STD

First for orville sucks and the master race is STD!

no fart jokes and lazy joke writing in STD its all about the action like a proper trek series which was supposed to be like cowboys in space going around killing anything that gets in their way just like Gene roddenberry said, so STD is more star trek than even the shows he made because he had no budget.

its possible but keep in mind and this might not be a bad thing we may get something in the mirror universe than maybe something in the kelvin timeline since that is the license their using for STD.

. . why is this myth still going around? This is CBS using their own rights to do things. They specifically DIDN'T use the Bad Robot Rights because they didn't want to share the toy profits with Abrams.

Speaking of Klingon weapons. What the fuck was wrong with the original Bat'leth? It was a cool, alien looking and original weapon, that even looked functional. Now it looks like an antler.

That's the image that got me not liking things months ago. And guess what? That's hanging upside down. The bend goes TOWARD the user not away.

Hmm, I think it's a troll . . but then again, people that watch STD are kind of dumb . .

The thing with Discovery is, I at least agree that in today's TV landscape, it couldn't really go back to the old episodic format. Even DS9 ended up fighting against it and that was in the 90s. If people were to say "that's what's wrong with Discovery", I don't think they're right. What's wrong with it is just that what they're doing with it is bad.

It seems to me that a long-form serialised Star Trek story can only really end up being about Space Politics, which is to an extent what they've been doing with the whole Klingon mess. But I don't think a Space Politics story can really work when the lead character isn't someone who's in charge. I mean, we're only 4 episode's in and already Michael's pissing me off with how she's coming up with solutions to big problems that no one asked her for.

And furthermore it seems to me the show is in two minds about what it wants to be doing, which is going to start making things schizophrenic. They feel beholden to the legacy of the franchise but at the same time are determined to arbitrarily shit all over it? I can't see Mudd or the mirror universe really fitting in with the show as they've made it so far. Honestly I would be fine without them being in this particular show. The mirror universe post-TOS always felt kinda goofy and masturbatory to me.

Those look flimsy as fuck. Aren't these supposed to be as iconic as lightsabers?

>that even looked functional
Just like their furniture

Yeah but fuck that. Muh creative freedums are more important.

. . and how have they shown any of this 'beholden to the legacy of the franchise?'

They used to be. Now they just look like someone boned a fish and steel plated the remains.

Yeah, it's ether those things that kill you or the claws on the other side. No logic whatsoever.

>Honestly I would be fine without them being in this particular show.
*with them NOT being in this particular show

. . with the inclusion of things like Mudd and the mirror universe. I would have thought that was clear from my post that you just responded to where I was talking about those things. And Sarek and his wife who'll be appearing and like how when Michael was zipping around the universe in that tube she visited some locations from TOS

>bat'leth
>iconic
That's a funny joke user, if it was so iconic, they wouldn't feel they had a license to change it so drastically. You crack me up, user.

I hope our guy Kol rapes that albino's face soon. That faggot is even more annoying than T'Kuvma.

last episode seemed to forget about michael. hope we go back to focusing on her

I'm confused. Are you trying to proof something with that picture?

Yes, user, the picture "proofs" that the old bat'leth design is very obviously, unarguably, confirmed to be in no way iconic. All those depictions of it from across the internet and the decades being so similar to each other is a sure fire absolute sign of that.

All the same flat crescent moon blade? It's pretty iconic look there. Not all light sabers look exactly the same either but you can tell the core look.

One more sleep lads

I need new Discovery pics for my Comfy Star Trek folder. Give me what you got

I don't think there is a moment of comfy in Discovery

Klingons shop at BudK.

Fuller is a hack and wanted to put a Hannibal reference in the show

hannibal refernce?

It is a badly written and acted tv show.

What's the reference? I've never watched the show only the moives.

*only watched the movie not the show

There isn't one, user said he "WANTED to put a Hannibal reference in the show". Read posts more thoroughly before replying.