Who the fuck recites poetry before they're about to die...

Who the fuck recites poetry before they're about to die. Shouldn't they be overcome with sheer terror especially since there's zero chance of a robot afterlife?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cTmijXxWnZk?t=85
youtube.com/watch?v=ES6jTsZ4NQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you're a pussy, I guess. Batty was a badass sexual tyrannosaurus. He chose to go out with some class.

OP, how often do you experience sheer terror? Daily? Weekly? While talking to a girl, so maybe, monthly?

>Who the fuck recites poetry before they're about to die.
what would you say instead?

very, very few people die bravely. Everyone dies in terror especially someone whose entire plan was just to survive

And the whole point of the replicans is they're normal humans so thematically it would have made sense for them to act normal.

he had come to terms with dying

you must be at least 18 years old to use this imageboard

underage & ban

>especially since there's zero chance of a robot afterlife?
First off replicants are organic beings not robots.
And if there is some place our consciousness goes after death why would replicants with human level consciousness not be allowed in?
And finally they could easily have their consciousness downloaded before death into a storage system and live forever in an afterlife of data. A concrete afterlife that humans won't achieve for hundreds of years or more if ever.

And as a side note some people aren't giant fucking cowards and would rather die thinking of something beautiful than die frantically and scared you fucking pussy.

>very, very few people die bravely
Seen a lot of people die have you? I'm sure you're a very worldly person who knows so very much about everything but you're coming off as an edgy rick and morty fan.

Beep Boops don't have souls

For starters, I wouldn't pussy out and kill Deckard.

Neither do you.

soprry buddy you need souls to go to the afterlife and that requires being the product of a union between a man and a woman
replicants, vatgrown or otherwise, need not apply

>t. brainlet

You're a fucking idiot

They are organic. They are unidentifiable except for the sympathy response test. If they are machines then so are you.
The level of retardation on this board is growing by the day.

>ITT: internet weebs with no concept of death thing they'll die reciting beautiful poetry instead of just going O SHI O SHI O SHI

>And if there is some place our consciousness goes after death why would replicants with human level consciousness not be allowed in?
This. The body is merely an organic machine, and consciousness can't really be erased. Try imagining you not existing from your own perspective. It's impossible.

t. RIDF

anything artificial doesn't have a soul

He doesnt kill Deckard because he realises there's no point to, he understands what it is to be human.

Fucking braindead plebs can't appreciate kino

>t. Falseflagging weeb who jerks off to an ugly cartoon aesthetic

Embarrassing

>t. virgin 14 year old

>Dude morality is subjective lmao materialism XD

Fuck off post modernist

t. never seen a miracle

Rutger Hauer.

>Who the fuck recites poetry before they're about to die?

A Warrior-Poet

t. never been to war
Under fire, yeah you're scared, but at a certain point they come to a realisation. They may not accept that, but that's not terror my friend

When you realise everything you are will be lost in time the only thing left is to be poetic about it.

He realises that he won't survive. He realises how valuable life is. Furthermore he tells Deckard a fee of the things he's seen so that Deckard can remember them and in a sense a small piece of him will survive with Deckard.

Roy saved him because he had the power to do so, just like his creator, the power over life and death. He could've watched him die, but he chose not to just watch the inevitable unfold, but instead take control over fate one last time, but not in an act of nihilistic violence.

"This... This is what I'm talking about. This is what I mean when I'm talkin' about time, and death, and futility. All right, there are broader ideas at work, mainly what is owed between us as a society for our mutual illusions. Fourteen straight hours of staring at DB's, these are the things ya think of. You ever done that? You look in their eyes, even in a picture, doesn't matter if they're dead or alive, you can still read 'em. You know what you see? They welcomed it... Not at first, but... right there in the last instant. It's an unmistakable relief. See, cause they were afraid, and now they saw for the very first time how easy it was to just... let go. Yeah, they saw, in that last nanosecond, they saw... what they were. You, yourself, this whole big drama, it was never more than a jerry-rig of presumption and dumb will, and you could just let go. To finally know that you didn't have to hold on so tight. To realize that all your life - you know, all your love, all your hate, all your memories, all your pain - it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream, a dream that you had inside a locked room, a dream about being a person. And like a lot of dreams, there's a monster at the end of it."

Those gooks with the shitty swords and parachute pants wrote poems before they died.

Nexus 6 are too smart for panic.

>She should have died hereafter;
>There would have been a time for such a word.
>To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
>Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
>To the last syllable of recorded time;
>And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
>The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
>Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
>That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
>And then is heard no more. It is a tale
>Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
>Signifying nothing...

You shouldn't quote pre-realization Rust, he was a broken man that suffered from hard drugs, a broken marriage, a dead daughter and being a cop where pedophiles operate.

real deaths are more like this:

youtu.be/cTmijXxWnZk?t=85

Please die.

zen masters and japanese warriors in the old collections would do shit like that. but then, the japs of back then were really into poetry, it was like tv and sports and party games rolled into one for them.

nobody really dies in sheer terror, your brain knows it's dying and dumps every feel good chemical it has into your bloodstream, the brain goes into shock and you shit yourself. Op is a fucking retard.

One of the dumbest threads I've seen on Sup Forums in a long time.

This.

OP is clearly a Canadian and should be ignored.

most people are scared in the sense their bodies are reacting in a way they can't help, they're not intellectually terrified of non-existence.

replicants seem to have this sort of animal reaction programmed out of them

>AAAAAAAAA! NO! NO NO NO! I DON'T WANNA DIE! AAAAAAAAAA SAVE ME DECKARD! NOOOOO MOMMY! MOMMA! REEEEEEE! TYRELL SAVE ME! NOW NOW NOW NOW! AAAAAAAAAA! I POOPED! HEEEEEEEEELP! HELP ME!

Would have gone over better desu.

Watched this for the first time last night and wasn't impressed. Harrison Ford is more robotic than the robot, who carried the acting performance alone. The monologue is bland, but maybe those were some fancy words back when this was made. Plenty of humans have seen ships on fire during wars, not like seeing a spaceship on fire is any different, relative to whatever century this happened

>being this much of a brainlet

Also he knew his death was coming for years so he was prepared

>he didn't watch the Final Cut
smdh

Nobody listen to this guy. I also just watched it and it's great.

i would say...wow! youtube.com/watch?v=ES6jTsZ4NQs

>t. Falseflagging leaf

Embarrassing

>watch this movie tonight for the first time ever
>too retarded to pay attention and get distracted on my phone
Have I ruined this kino for me forever by messing up my first viewing?

The whole thread of Roy's storyline is coming to grips with one's own mortality. It's how Roy becomes truly 'human' : he accepts his fate. Then he becomes reflective of his place in the bigger picture and the meaning of his life and inevitable death. He realizes that he cannot be saved so he begins to wonder what his life really meant and if all his fantastical experiences will be lost once he's gone.

and in br2049 they made roy the blade runner. deckard still the boring side character

Samurai would write Haiku before committing suduko

What would YOU have said user?

Truly the manliest deaths. Roy's death was among the manliest of manly men.

Just watch it again you ADD ridden faggot.

Once he killed Tyrell, he had made peace with his death. There was nothing he could do, but impart a little wisdom onto a blade runner and make him consider his life.

RREEEEEEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

yeah really, i watched the original 57 times over the past two decades
i'll probably only watch the sequel twice though

>I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Stars and spaceships and stuff.
Um, okay?

in the new movie the girl has never even seen a tree

Watch this a week ago. It's great. I liked it more tha 2049

death poems are pretty cool

millennial tier philosophy

Wubalubadubdub

I just saw the first movie but I was kind of disappointed honestly. Keep in mind I only saw the final cut, I don't know if there's another better version.

Why does Deckard act like a macho cop and then turn into a complete pussy whenever a fight starts? He's moaning and doing that weird gasping thing with his mouth or closing his eyes, it's awful to look at.

That "enhance" scene was total garbage. I thought it was a parody of TV forensics shows, did they even have those in the 80s?

I actually liked the Deckard and Rachel relationship more than I thought but it was underdeveloped.

I don't know who Gaff is. Why does he matter in this movie, he has two lines? I don't consider him as having any effect on this story.

The whole "Deckard is a replicant" theory is very understated. I choose to believe he's just a human but it doesn't really come across as hamfisted, maybe because the suggestion is so obtuse.

The soundtrack does not exist. I was expecting something great or catchy that you could listen to outside the film but I got nothing. Are you people referring to a separate CD when you refer to the soundtrack?

Also overall the movie was not as thoughtful as people make it out to be. All these impressive themes are things you say in an interview but they aren't addressed meaningfully in the film. It quite literally introduces them and stops there because it has nothing to say.

I'm sorry if I come across as an idiot or crass but my hopes were kind of dashed so I might be a little intentionally rude. Anyone want to discuss with me or lecture me because as it is I can see why this movie was a failure at the time. I'm surprised it's even a cult classic to be honest.

he sounds edgy as fuck but hes kinda right, apart from the monster at the end part

No, you're right. The movie doesn't seem very impressive until you get some explanations or theories, like the deckard being a replicant based on gaff's memories or something

You're browsing Sup Forums, the worst board on Sup Forums.

Jfc, you're a turbo autist.

Dude, he just spent the previous hour killing his maker, realizing the monumentality of that act in the elevator.
Finding his GF blown in half. Understand true heartache. Getting his ear shot off by the guy he was playing cat and mouse with.
Realizing how alive it made him feel. Fighting his dying body by smashing his head through a wall and sticking a nail through his hand.
Beating his final opponent. Then exercising the power of God to not only destroy but to grant life. And finally, impart wisdom.

His achievement level was so off the scale by the end he got the "symbolically transcend to heaven in the form of a dove" ending.

>sexual tyrannosaurus
So a scavenger that feeds on dead hookers with his tiny useless penises?

Martyr's Brigade... is... out.

Regardless what people think of the film, the fact that most can't tolerate the "slow" pace disappoints me.

In my opinion the film is not slow at all. Yes it puts an emphasis on scenery, but I feel like overall its paced well.

Normalfags just have no patience.

This.

The pacing was perfect.

they just get conditioned by the constant action, motion, and explanation in lowest-denominator blockbuster movies

100% agree.

However, it felt to me that in his last moments, just before death is about to take him, his only regret is that he had nothing to leave behind (the "tears in the rain" part makes me think this).

All the incredible things he's seen and done, things we mere humans wouldn't believe...all gone once he's dead because he didn't get to share these experiences with anyone. Because if you don't leave behind any evidence of any life, it's like you never existed.

Decker didn't understand why he let him live, but I think he didn't want to die alone and just wanted to talk to someone before it happened...even if it's his greatest enemy. Besides, he died the victor.

I hate to say this but the original theatrical release (with the Harrison Ford voice over) actually does explain certain things that aren't entirely clear for someone who watches the Final Cut without having any knowledge of the book or the original theatrical. In fact, the original question in this thread was answered by the voice over.

He's also contemplating his place in the larger existence. Roy, like many terminally ill, contemplates his place in a larger whole and what his life and eventual death actually meant. He's very reflective on the things he did throughout the 3rd act of the movie and his final monologue has a hint of "What does it all mean? Did it have a purpose?"

>zero chance of a robot afterlife
;(

You're a fucking moron. You should re-evaluate yourself.

why do video game players try to pretend they have taste and intelligence?

WTF I HATE Blade Runner 2049 now

When I die I'll be singing something loudly or cursing repeatedly

does anyone enjoy this aggressive style of delivery? I see it in so many channels and I can't hear it for more than 5 seconds it's so exhausting and stress inducing

I die nighty night

Honestly, the mini monologue could've been better. I always thought it would be more gut wrenching the last time I watched it.

I guess you’ve never ventured to Sup Forums and clicked one of them Rekt threads huh. Do it. You’ll get a reality check

I feel the fact that the human blade runner is constantly bailed out by introspective robbits is part of the point of both movies.

It was quite impressed given that poem was not part of the script and pull it out of thin air.