Season 2 of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency just premired. I can't believe there's no thread...

Season 2 of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency just premired. I can't believe there's no thread. As usual I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_q2PxLyeHVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hi Max

I'm confused thusfar.

It'll probably come together though.

Fuck you season 1 was amazing.

>literally every thread has been people pointing out how hard the first season shit the bed

>keep making them

hi max

>first season shit the bed
How so? I loved it.

anyone have a good torrent link? i want to download it

NO YOU MUST PAY

only watched the first few episodes, it was alright

but i don't plan on seeing it ever again, i noticed the fanbase is really similar to doctor who shit and the show is also similar to doctor who in a way

I cant believe they made Dirk not Indian and super incredibly flamboyant gay

I still can't get over how much it differed from the book. Might as well call it something else.

alright i'm hyped, I really doubt it'll top the time-travelling twists of season 1 but I'm in it for the ride!

First season was pretty good and gave me good chuckles.

>When the guy capture Dirk and Frodo pointing a gun at them, Dirk is waiting for a revelation and he just snaps "What is going on? Who are you guys? What is happening?"

cool thanks i've been waiting and i needed something to watch.

It's American Doctor Who
It's Ford Prefect as a detective
That hyper active little twink isn't Dirk

If you want an adaptation of the books, listen to the radio series, or watch the other TV series. Constantly remaking the same thing isn't enjoyable to anyone.

Actually it's just Dr. Who. Douglas Adams used to write for the show and turned one of his rejected scripts into Dirk Gently.

thread theme
youtu.be/_q2PxLyeHVE

oh shit. thank you, op. i thought it was in november but that was future man. did they drop all eps in season 2 like they usually do?

oh shit really? I watched the 1st season on Netflix, is 2nd out on that now too?

Not really much to do with the books although the Stephen Mangan version sort of demonstrated that it wasn't going to work anyway.

Worth it all for Bart anyhow.

i wish that brit guy would stop acting and talking so femme. he would be handsome if he wasn't so femme.

this is the most obvious shill thread I have ever seen
fucking hell max

You're right, nothing makes sense
It probably comes together like in the finale like last season did.

That's the trademark of all Dirk Gently stories, the books are the same way.

>how hard the first season shit the bed
I'd love to see what Sup Forums's been saying about this. I generally liked the first season, other than the out-of-nowhere-fuck-you ending and the fact they made Dirk, who in every other incarnation was just a regular Joe conman, into a magical-random-shit-happens-around-me-and-it-means-shit fairy.

Can't wait for more wacky landis kino

This "Dirk Gently" isn't based on either a Douglas Adams script, or a Douglas Adams character. It is just as said; gay american Dr Who.

It's the same character, they established in season 1 that this Dirk has already done the events of the books, and the difference between this Dirk and the one of the books is no different than between the original Dr Who and the Matt Smith Dr Who, which may well be intentional.

No, it's not. His personality's different, his backstory is different and the only thing tying this Dirk to the book Dirk is one throwaway line that's at best meant as fanservice.