/STD/ General - Star Trek Discovery

when is the next episode?

everyone stopped watching

orville won

So why was the facility that produces 40% of the federations dilithium not basically a fortress?

Why were they acting like they were during a Dresden firebombing when the shields were obviously still on?

so no one would think it's an important mining facility

Dead thread
Dead show

Starfleet is fucking stupid.

>enemy has cloaking technology
>track supply lines
>there it is! the source of their ship's fuel!

good job

Hell it was attacked by 5 birds of prey which discovery seems to be able to kill with one shot, why didnt the base have a few phaser cannons they could have done the job them selves expecially with the super strong shield that stood hours of bombardment

oh yeah, this show exists.
hows it doing?
oh, lol

Every episode just gets worse and more infuriating

There will be no season 2

Sunday at 8.

They didn’t really think that title out, did they..

Even those who didn't WILL stop watching after the next episode. I'm already pissed just looking at the preview.

Probably not. I stuck through Voyager and Enterprise, and I know others did, too.

Starfleet is not a military! Humans have evolved above self-defense!

The enemy doesn't have cloaking technology yet. The only vessels capable to cloak were lost or stranded at the binary stars. Why nobody gave a fuck to retrieve the tech for 6 months is beyond me.

>Hell it was attacked by 5 birds of prey which discovery seems to be able to kill with one shot
Birds of Prey were always the squishiest, weakest Klingon ships. That's why the shield withstood bombardment for that long. They didn't even seem to have disruptors, only phase cannons.

As far as my preferences go, Voyager was easily the best Star Trek after DS9 if you dismiss the first season like you do for every damn Star Trek series. TNG and TOS only get honorable mentions since they are hopelessly outdated, even if they were my favorite shows to watch as a kid. Enterprise wasn't worth watching twice, and I'm not willing to put up with this overly dramatic, fidget spinning mushroom bullshit STD is trying to pull. Just so you know where I'm coming from.

Sexual transmitted disease?

No matter how much you dislike it, a season 2 will happen, it will happen regardless of ratings. Season 3 won't happen if the ratings will be bad.

>if a thing moves around in a circular motion, it's a fidget spinner

Still, could they not have had any defences within the shield?

The UFP is not a militaristic organization, so they don't build forts and shit. The dilithium mine seemed to have civilian workers instead of convicts, so it wasn't run by starfleet law enforcement. It was a civilian base.

They sent ships to guard the mine, obviously not enough ships, because at least 4 klingon ships survived the ambush on them to continue and start attacking the mine. The Klingon empire is very large, at least as large, if not larger than the Federation at that time, so it's reasonable to assume that federation forces were spread thin, they couldn't spare more ships to idle around guarding a mine.

>The enemy doesn't have cloaking technology yet. The only vessels capable to cloak were lost or stranded at the binary stars. Why nobody gave a fuck to retrieve the tech for 6 months is beyond me.
Only one ship has cloaking technology: the Torch ship (I don't remember the exact name, if it was given one). The Torch was heavily damaged by that sneak attack where they put a bomb on a dead body it was tractoring in, but the crew survived. Its captain (Voq) said "we'll repair the ship ourselves" and refused to use Starfleet parts in the repairs, meaning it took a long time for them to repair, and after six months of nothing, another klingon gets fed up with this ship not being in the fights, shows up, and steals it.

1. There were several ships de-cloaking in ep2.
2. There are 24 houses on the high council. They are at odds. This loose partnership they've got going on to combat the federation is only a temporary alliance. Anybody who doesn't see the strategic advantage in procuring the cloak is an idiot. Yet none of them found it important to do so. Only one calculating sneaky little cunt waited until people are starving death so he can buy their loyalty with food, but if the other klingons wouldn't be the idiots they are due to bad writing, that tech should've been long gone by then, snached up by one of the other competing houses months before.

1. No, those ships warped in after they were called in. The only one that cloaks is the beacon ship.

2. The cloaking beacon ship was owned by someone with a lot of respect. And considering they're all under the united Klingon banner now and all "REMAIN KLINGON" it kind of goes against that to just go in and steal it from him. But after six months I can see how one guy just got fed up.

>the lady just fucking opens the containment pod without checking if the watrer bear was sedated and immediately gets mauled

The Beacon of Kahless and T'Kuvma's ship are two different structures. T'Kuvma is probably some priest entrusted with guarding the beacon. That's why he got the attention of the 24 houses and persuaded them so easily. The beacon doesn't have a cloak, it has a scattering field. You're confusing things. Watch the pilots again.

It's typical for her character. She's all brawn, no brains.

Love Star Trek Tron!

>blue force fields = tron
see

>opening: ripped off of west world
>music: Ripped off of GOT
>look: ripped off of tron
>spores must Flow: ripped off of doom

whole show is a bunch of shit their trying to throw together.

It's typical for shit writing you fucking shill

I like the darker version of Star Trek because let's face it, it starts off just as an interstellar war is being launched. It's not supposed to have the same aura of peacefulness and exploration the other series had. This one is a fight for survival. It's gritty, thousands of people dying when ships get smashed to pieces. It's blood and guts. But the environments and tech still show that the old Star Trek is there, waiting to emerge once the war is over.

>trapped in a cell in a destroyed section of the ship
>nobody knows you're alive, death imminent
>"oh well, time for one last wank."

Good. Now actually go look/listen to them to find out how much of a mindless fucking sheeplet you are for parroting other people's bullshit opinions. They are nothing alike.

At least they killed her off like they were supposed to. I honestly wondered whether she'd die when I saw that scene. You know how those writers are

What would your fantasy be that you'd wank to? I'd go with my middle school teacher Margareta and the scenario would be: alone on a private jet and she's the stewardess. Worth it.

>everyone not circlejerking with me about things I don't like is a shill
Fuck off, a thread is for fans of the subject, not their haters. I don't go to your trap threads on Sup Forums and tell you how you are all fucking gay.

its great writing from the same people who made star trek flop in the theaters and that awful Mummy movie. They really hired from the bottom of the bell curve for STD and it shows.

Doomed from the title.

just pirate that shit and watch it for the novelty

I pirate all of it from the start, Netflix doesn't offer it in my country. I still won't keep watching after ep5 if they do what I think they'll do. Updating visuals to not look like shit from 50 years ago is one thing. Systematically betraying the principles of the society the United Federation of Planets was created by is something I won't be willing to put up with.

STD is rewriting everything the fat losers thought they knew about trek now their all butthurt that these creators made the best series in star trek history if you look at the critics.

regardless, all shows have some social commentary depending on the times and happenings surrounding its production.

but with STD its pushed so much that it will be remembered for that and not the plot.

I don't follow the media, I really couldn't give a single fuck about commentaries, I just watch the show and discuss the show's content. The entire extent of what I know about the show that isn't in the show is from Sup Forums.

So the House of T'Kuvma had exactly two ships? One was the Sarcophagus ship and the other was the giant ugly thing he got destroyed by crashing it into the Europa. Why the fuck would you willingly destroy one of your ships if you only had two? And if you had more than two, why didn't they show up to rescue you? Did he also kill half of his House that maybe operated the second ship when he ordered it to crash into the Europa? T'Kuvma is a fucking moron. No wonder that he was outsmarted by Saru and Georgiou and later his stupid pupil Voq by Kol.

I'm already bored with this war and the plotting Klingons and we still have a whole season of it.

STD doesnt adhere to canon so it has no semblance of history or culture much like the plebs who watch it just to tune out.

That ship splitting the Europa in half seemed pretty unaffected by the rough contact and I'm pretty sure it would have been mostly undamaged if the Europa hadn't intentionally self-destructed.

well if you did you would see where the show is going.

(((Aaron Harberts))) told the rolling stone that and i quote, the series' primary villains — an extremist Klingon sect — scream "Remain Klingon," something deliberately reminiscent of "Make America Great Again."

so prepare for all the lore and context form Enterprise, Voyager etc. etc. to be altered and changed because of recent politics

wait a second....

erised....

desire....

ERISED.....

DESIRE....
DESIRE - ERISED - DESIRE

HOLY FUCK ERISED IS JUST DESIRE SPELLED BACKWARDS

Let's fucking ram them and hope their ship won't blow up with all that antimatter in it isn't a good strategy, though

The brave cast of STD as seen here are the first cast in star trek history to stand up to American Colonialism by kneeling instead of standing for the anthem showing they will stand up to veterans and anyone who dares support America and its expansionist policies of racism and intolerance against muslims.

so brave, so tolerant, wow.

Like I said, I don't give a fuck what's happening outside the show. How I interpret it as I am watching it will be entirely up to me and won't be pushed in any direction due to some bullshit political point of view I don't care for. Sorry but I am not american, I can perfectly conceive of and talk about something without an obsessive-compulsive need to involve race or politics.

It really isn't, but the vedge shape of the tear suggested that ship was somehow designed for tearing up other ships.

>Star Trek stands up to islamophobia and police brutality

This is why people love STD its not just the show its that the cast are seen as heros to many and looked up to around the world for speaking truth to power to destroy America.

>"Hmm, these Klingons don't seem alien enough"
>"I know, lets give them more ridges, darken their skin to coal black and make them eat Federation officers."
>"That's good, but it still just seems too familiar."
>"I know, we can put cotton balls in their mouth so when they speak in Klingon they sound like a drunk Marlon Brando."
>"Perfect, make it so."

>this whole kneeling issue
You murricans are getting weirder by the minute.

hey, im not an American ether, but odds are that you have nothing to interpret here except the fact the show will focus to undermine a US presidency as long as it lasts, just keep that in mind.

just keep that in mind

I won't.

Everyone knows it's DIS

Give them claws too! And now we have to believe that Diana Troi, Jadzia Dax, K'Ehleyr's mother and B'Elanna's father fucked those monsters.

hehehe you will its already in your head.

good one, what's the real story with that image?

if you watch TNG then your a loser that show is trash and STD rewrote so much canon that the garbage your posting is almost wiped from star trek history as it should be since it is offensive for not promoting diversity or LGBTQW+ rights.

I don't know shit about the U.S. presidency except the name of the president, so no, not really. I don't care about politics. I can't even tell you who the president of my country is.

and where are you from my friend

Was he called Paul Fag as a kid? Because I bet they called him Paul Fag as a kid.

I like the new look, except maybe the lips. Those are waaaay overdone. I don't like how they sound either.

probably because you hate diversity which is what Star Trek is and always has been about the creators said and anyone who stands against it is an enemy of the people and must be destroyed which is why the cast and all trek fans #RESIST

I want to know how Starfleet continues to exist, is the Federation too big to fail?

For a fleet of scientific and exploratory vessels you'd think they'd collapse quickly if a military force hit them hard and fast. A ship built for war clearly has the advantage, logically.

Starfleet seems to rely on fighting to a stalemate, exhausting the enemy's resources, and hoping they can upgrade defenses fast enough to keep up with weapons against them.

Because Starfleets exploratory vessels have the weapons and tech to be almost defacto warships themselves and are often superior to other races actual dedicated warships. When Starfleet actually builds warships proper they are with rape and tears of the enemy.

Where the fuck are all those Tellarites, Vulcans and Andorians the keep mentioning? It's just a bunch of Americans again fighting this war.

too much gold they look like some shitty D&D character

Star Trek is about promoting the ideals of a communist utopia as seen in STD because its so cerebral that most people cant even follow what is happening in the show

Serving on other Starfleet ships?

Klingons in STD are pure kino, finally we get Klingons that actually look like Klingons. Thankfully they got rid of the actual klingon language which held actors back oppressing diversity and now they can improv guttural sounds to truely be free and express themselves as they see fit. Finally we can have real klingons and shut down anyone in the future who tries going to those klingon cosplays at cons acting like their on the right side of history when now we can prove their all racists.

>It's just a bunch of Americans again fighting this war
Because we enjoy it the most? I mean seriously, with less than 250 years of history behind us we've done our best to catch up with Europe in numbers of wars fought.

Should be canon that America said "fuck y'all!" and left to colonize a planet christened America. While Earth is a commie paradise America is still a capitalist world and producer of arms and war material. Every now and again they leave their space to blow up some funny colored people and have a good ol' time.

Bullshit, discussion of a show can include positive and negative, praise and criticism. Stop being a mindless drone that is a "fan" with no objectivity.

Nah he's right. No one's forcing you to watch DIS

I was talking to "a mindless drone that is a hater with no objectivity" to go away. They have no business being here.

anyone who criticizes STD is a nazi which the shows cast and creators have said and they dont want anyone watching the show who doesnt support diversity and promoting gay rights since children even today are being forced into a gender they never asked for which should be illegal and soon will be.

NAH fuck you. I still watch it, doesn't mean I like everything about it, or I can't criticize shit in a thread.

DIS? We're talking about STD, not the Discovery Channel.

Based cast and creators

>Watching a show you hate

Now this is autism

leave the thread you pleb, this thread is only for support of STD and anyone who speaks against it doesnt belong here if their going to spew hate promoting their nazi agenda.

You were saying only fans can be in a thread discussing things. Faggot.

I didn't say I hate it either you cock, I'm interested enough to watch and objective enough to see it has flaws

DIS
I
S

Stop getting triggered by the official abbreviation

just as fans have always called the show STD is the same shorthand the media uses to describe the show which still hasnt changed.

You obviously don't know what a fan is faggot. I am a fan of STD, that doesn't mean there aren't things about it I don't like.

These threads are a cancer.

STD

or

DIS-like

That article has so many typos, the writer perfectly shows the kind of retardation all haters of this show have in common.

Sup Forums is the only forum that calls it STD. Probably because the average age here is 15

Social media is where you get your ideals? Please someone post the image from the show itself that shows DSC or DIS on the actual shuttle of the ship.

>the average age here is 15
An average that is only that high because of the 30+ year old Star Trek fans.

Here you go.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I actually like that they're doing different things with the Klingons.

Thanks, I couldn't find it with my best google-fu. This is the only necessary argument against /STD/