Can somebody please give me just one logical reason why they believe in Christianity...

Can somebody please give me just one logical reason why they believe in Christianity? There are literally thousands of different creation myths from around the world, so what the fuck makes you guys think that Christianity is the one real creation myth? Is it because of tradition? Well that's pretty irrational cause Europeans traditionally believed in pagan religions until they were forcibly converted by the Holy Roman Empire.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
youtube.com/watch?v=dsbj7EN1Uzs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_Nobel_laureates
youtube.com/user/RealCrusadeHistory
youtube.com/watch?v=owURacUBpX0
youtube.com/watch?v=7ny0T9NoLpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NEs3es9WyIg
youtube.com/watch?v=zHQP8INrV7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can somebody please give me just one logical reason why they believe in Atheism? There are literally thousands of different creation myths from around the world, so what the fuck makes you guys think that the big bang theory is the one real creation myth? Is it because of edginess? Well that's pretty irrational cause Europeans traditionally believed that the universe didn't pop into existence out of nowhere until they multiple generations of youth were brainwashed by the Jews.

Not an argument. I am not claiming anything so I do not need to defend anything. You claim that a god does exist so the burden of proof is on you.

>Not an argument. I am not claiming anything so I do not need to defend anything. You claim that God doesn't exist so the burden of proof is on you.

>belive
>atheism
that's not how it works

You legitimately need a mental health evaluation

I don't.
Abrahamism is cancer that needs to be expunged from the world by cataclysmic force, since it's the only way to shake people from their desert delusions.

Because their family told this so.

Why? Because the exact same logic applies to the side you're arguing against?

Perhaps one of the biggest redpills out there is the realization that religion doesn't "need" to be true. The beauty of faith (and Christianity particularly) is that it inspires humans like no other. Look at the churches built, the paintings created, the songs written in God's name. They all represent the pinnacle of Western art and creation.

There's no doubt that religion is bluepilled in most senses, but when you consider what can be gained from following it (it's safe to say that Western civilization is a product of Christianity), all notions of it potentially being "false" pale in comparison the the unity, inspiration, virtue, and purpose it provides.

Christianity is the reddest bluepill in existence.

Because its the only faith with a book that has predicted the future on multiple occassions and speaks of the current times as the end times.

My own flawed and selective reading of the bible has convinced me that the teachings of Jesus Christ are worth emulating and spreading.

that's pretty SJW argument tier. you are responsible for the burden of proof because you assert a belief of something apparently real, that's just common sense. it's so much common sense that it cannot be argued; that's basic logical conversation that we English speakers have established.

>Can somebody please give me just one logical reason why they believe in Christianity?

Because God is real.

I literally just changed a couple words in his sentence. I'm not even a christian, but athiests are even more preachy and annoying that evangelical christians.

Why don't you tell me how the universe came into existence out of nothing then? Or how life came to be from inert, non-living materials? All that has yet to be proven and you will still say that the burden of proof is on Christians, or any other religion for that matter.

While I agree with many of your points, the problem is that Christianity is a cucked religion. The templars were badass because in essence they had a pantheon of sometimes warlike Gods (Saints and Martyrs). Christ alone is not enough - God alone is not enough - Just look at the Pope bending the knee and kissing refugee feet ffs.

But yeah, I think you're right. Kinda.

this

who is this QT

Why can't you just answer OP's question?
Is it because it would require you to actually think about things and then your delusion might unravel?

>believe in Atheism?
Atheism is something that can be "believe" in.

Non-belief in gods, ghosts, demons and other nonsense is completely unrelated to accepting the scientific theory of cosmological expansion. It's shocking how many feeble-minded religious people lack the basic reasoning ability to grasp this simple concept.

There are thousands of "Gods" that are worshiped all over the world by billions of people, which one is real?

>God doesn't exist
In all fairness, there have been thousands of previous gods and no one believes they exist anymore. Why would these new made-up gods be any different?

because they won?
the winners write history, and everyone loves a winner.

The historical evidence for the resurrection:
youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM

Proof for the resurrection of Jesus:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
The first 30 minutes is what's important from this one, the rest is questions and answers.

Ex-atheist scientist tells his story of becoming Christian after realizing that the story of creation in Genesis actually makes the most sense and gets a lot of things right compared to other religious books:
youtube.com/watch?v=dsbj7EN1Uzs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_Nobel_laureates
>According to 100 Years of Nobel Prize (2005), a review of Nobel prizes awarded between 1901 and 2000, 65.4% of Nobel Prize Laureates, have identified Christianity in its various forms as their religious preference (423 prizes).[5] Overall, Christians have won a total of 78.3% of all the Nobel Prizes in Peace, 72.5% in Chemistry, 65.3% in Physics, 62% in Medicine, 54% in Economics and 49.5% of all Literature awards.[6]
>The three primary divisions of Christianity are Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, and Protestantism. Between 1901 and 2000 it was revealed that among 654 Laureates 31.8% have identified Protestant in its various forms (208 prize), 20.3% were Christians (no information about their denominations; 133 prize), 11.6% have identified as Catholic and 1.6% have identified as Eastern Orthodox.[7] Christians make up over 33.2% of the worlds population.[8][9][10][11]

>Our Lady of Zeitoun, also known simply as El-Zeitoun, Zeitun or rarely Our Lady of Light, was a mass Marian apparition that occurred in the Zeitoun district of Cairo, Egypt, over a period of 2–3 years beginning on April 2, 1968.
>The apparitions were also witnessed by President Gamal Abdel Nasser,[5] and captured by newspaper photographers and Egyptian television. Investigations performed by the police could find no explanation for the phenomenon. No device was found within a radius of fifteen miles capable of projecting the image, while the sheer number of photographs from independent sources suggests that no photographic manipulation was involved. Having been unable to produce an alternative explanation for the luminous sightings, the Egyptian government accepted the apparitions as true.[6]

Youtube videos are not a credible source of information unless you have a video of Jesus literally being resurrected on camera.

>Why don't you tell me how the universe came into existence out of nothing then?
What does that have to do with non-belief? I don't believe in phony gods, so you think that obligates me to give lectures in particle physics?

Please accept that your ridiculous non-sequitur is not an argument.

It's not illogical to believe that there is something eternal that is responsible for the creation of the universe and ultimately life as a result. It's much more illogical to conclude that the universe just popped up out of nowhere.

Again atheists have the burden of proof, and instead of taking the path of intellectual honesty and admitting that they simply are not able to prove exactly how the universe came into existence, and perhaps entertain the idea that maybe an eternal entity is responsible, they say that christians are the ones responsible for proving that god exists.

So the one logical reason you ask for is that by conventional logic, something can't come from nothing.

>It's shocking how many feeble-minded religious people lack the basic reasoning ability to grasp this simple concept.
That's a little arrogant for somebody who can't prove where the universe came from, don't you think?

You're pretty dull, aren't you.

They present the case of resurrection being true and use arguments that I found convincing.

>The historical evidence for the resurrection:
>Proof for the resurrection of Jesus:
{{{ It was on you-tube. How can it NOT be true? }}}

Religion isn't the important thing here; man's artistic drive is, religion is just what it was focused on for a very long time. As a whole we've dropped our fascination by a large amount, and now explore a broader range of subjects. It's a good thing; variety is the spice of life.
And for the record while the architecture of churches made for nice places to worship god, if any of the architects of that time saw what modern architecture makes possible they would shit their pants and claim that god must be holding these structures up.

We're not talking about the creation myths though
The OP asked why people believe in Christianity specifically.

I personally believe we don't truly know how the universe was created yet, but we have theories and I think that's a step in the right direction.
Christians are content to sit back and assume that their "God" just one day decided to create everything, which is all well and good but it's not going to drive anyone to explore space and unravel the mysteries of the universe now is it?

You're not making an argument either. I'm not even sitting here defending Christians, but they're not any less wrong than atheists are.

Only man could be so foolish as to believe he's somehow escaped dogma through atheism

>I am not claiming anything so I do not need to defend anything.
It really looks like you're claiming that there is no god. I'm with you, but you're argument is shitty and can easily be turned against you: from another perspective, there are thousands of different religions/gods out there and you don't believe in even one of them, despite not trying them all.
It's not worth trying to convince people to denounce their faith. Just let the crosskikes be.

your thread is retarded, so lets keep this strictly off-topic:

is there more of her?

It makes people care about others rhey have no interest in. It makes people care about non materialistic things. It makes people consider violence as a last resort that should be avoided.

Its pretty based.

Creation? We are alive now.
I'd rather invest in the future, then in archeology. Also I believe in darwin and the big bang etc.

Pascal's wager

I agree that Christianity is not compatible with non-Christianity. Christianity is empathetic to a fault. While this is a good thing for small groups (think small town USA), its absolutely horrendous for geopolitics.

This is where nationalism must fill in the gaps. Think of Christianity as the heart of a nation, and nationalism as the ribcage. A nationalist Christian society has been shown to be the best form of country to exist. Just look at how great the USA came to be while it embraced those virtues, and look at how quickly it's fallen as soon as it abandoned them.

>it's not going to drive anyone to explore space and unravel the mysteries of the universe now is it?
How are the two mutually exclusive? Christians explored the world and established colonies all around it. Many prominent scientists were Christians.

That way of thinking is for cowards.

B-because it says so!

You don't "believe" in athiesm, son. Why don't you understand basic grammar? Need to work on your logic, I think.

Which is a false dichotomy.

Nice meme.

Because as I said Christians are content to believe in their myths instead of challenging their own beliefs and seeking out the real truth of how things came to be.

pascals wager doesn't take into account that the most valuable asset in a time-restricted life is time and that it costs time to do meet "let me get into heaven"-criteria. pascal was obviously a brainlet.

Also I'm not saying there are no Christian scientists, I'm saying certain Christian beliefs are likely to hold back scientific progress.

No moron, you can't claim something is real with zero proof then go "BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU!"

Christians use the burden of proof bullshit like they understand it, but they don't, much like they misuse a fuckload of other scientific and logical language to try and justify their complete bullshit.

Might as well say "Tolkien wrote an entire history about Elves, and they even have a language. The burden of proof that Elves aren't real is on you!!!"

I mean did you go to 2nd grade?

I was raised Christian.
Christianity is a corner stone of western civilisation.
Why would I worship anything else?

Recent convert here who was Atheist for half my life beforehand. I became Christian because I realized that 90% of the shit our culture believes about Christianity that is absurd (genesis, etc) aren't actual things Christians believe. Genesis was written in a poetic form and for thousands of years it's been argued between Christians whether to take it literally. Keep in mind this was befor evolution. Also inner ear evolution implies a guiding hand. The inner ear has such a complex evolution and has only been used for hearing fairly recently. Straight up evolution with no guiding hand doesn't explain why our inner ears randomly mutated for millions of years until they fit the blueprint for a mechanism that can hear.

But generally I think Christianity (true Christianity, not 'nice' Christianity) is the best morality system out there since it leaves room for justice and forgiveness of crimes against one another so that we don't become savages like Africans or Muslims who cut the hands off thieves while also being strong enough to properly protect the innocent with law and order. Watch some Bishop Barron videos on Youtube to better understand Christianity since they helped me understand it a lot.

Also another big thing for me was realizing that Christianity wasn't Jewish in the way we know Judaism today. Jews as we know them today were formed by the Talmud movement that was around during Christs time instead of being solely based on the Torah/Old Testament like most people believe. Judaism has as much to do with Christianity as Christianity has to do with Islam.

Finally understanding the Crusades helped me realize that Christianity isn't traditionally cucked like it is today neither is it a shitty violent movement equal to Islam. I understand the sentiment that Christianity is to 'nice' today but realize that it has only been that way fairly recently and from speaking with the Christian community you realize that many people are tired of being the religion of nice.

>some traveler named Yosef
>knocks up his 13yo companion
>doesn't know she's started bleeding
>knocks her up
>few weeks later she starts to show
>OHSHIT OHSHIT OHSHIT!!!!1!0
>"let's say you're a "virgin" and "GOD DID IT", maybe these dumbasses will believe it and we won't get stoned to death"
>they actually believed it
>"our son's born, and we named him Yeshua Ben Yosef, which means Yeshua, son of Yosef, but these idiots still believe it's a miracle"
>"oh well, I can go along with a gag..."

>...eventually, this fraud kills European Paganism and corrupts Jupiter's rule of law, because some Jewish guy named Saul changes his name to Paul to blend in with the Greeks who took him in and he starts peddling this bullshit to become a famous author as the whole deal makes for an interesting read
>cults form around this story

Christians are almost worse cucks than the ones who binge on salty animal fat and get their gf pounded by my vegan dick on the regular.

That only shows which religion is the most rational one to follow by comparing gibmedats; it doesn't give any reason to actually believe the mythology of any particular religion.

I get your point though, for us atheists, even if we're right the best we get is nothing.

Pascal is the prime example of how otherwise intelligent men can be completely retarded when trying to prove their personal, unfalsifiable beliefs (sacrifizio dell'intelletto).

>Instead of challenging their own beliefs and seeking out the real truth of how things came to be.
Then how did a Christian monk come up with the big bang theory?

>I'm saying certain Christian beliefs are likely to hold back scientific progress.
This could apply to any pressure to hold back scientific progress. It doesn't even have to be Christians. I fail to see how it's a stronger pressure than other religions or political pressure.

Evolution is a load of garbage there is no physical evidence to prove it. With regards to God creating the world in 7 days ... well what is a day to a God?

How does that work? Christian monks were at one time the only scientists by and large.

t. Ex-Catholic

>I don't believe in anything
Then why do you continue existing in any way, shape or form.
If you truly didn't believe in anything you should just lie down and stop.

Saying "I don't believe in anything" is just avoiding the question: what is this reality

I believe in christianity because my ancestors were forcibly converted by the Holy Roman Empire.
Stupid cunt.

>I'm saying certain Christian beliefs are likely to hold back scientific progress.
You literally do not understand the Christian's philosophy behind science. Science and math is the language used by God to create the world and all living things. It is the pursuit of science that allows one to become closer to God

You're thinking of the Roman Empire and Carolingian Empire. The HRE was just the product of the later empire.

Anything that holds back scientific progress is bad.
Again we're talking about Christianity specifically in this thread, I'm not sure why you keep deflecting it back onto other things.
Also you were just criticizing the big bang theory but are now using it as a case for Christianity being a good thing?

Do you know how viruses work?

Forgot to mention a good source to learn about the Crusades.youtube.com/user/RealCrusadeHistory

>'nice' Christianity

There are many many different types of Christianity and it seems that every Christian believes something different, it's a bit hard to keep track of them all.

Why do you even want to fight with Christians? If they're not out beheading people or whatever, then what is the need to argue with them? By choosing not to believe in something, you've still ascribed to dogma. Christianity doesn't need to get in the way of scientific knowledge either.

If you don't believe, then that's fine. I'm just some random dude, but if you want to make a counter-claim that there is no God and get aggressive saying "Where's your proof" which Christians are at least giving an explanation that something created the world we live in and us, they are just as correct to ask you "Where's your proof that the universe just popped into existence"

Pic related.

>Christians don't take the craziest shit in the Bible literally
>I know a neat factoid about the inner ear, therefore I can say that it discounts the entire rest of biological evolutionary theory spread over many disciplines and studied through centuries of research.
>Christianity is moral and nice, but because I learned something(?) about the Crusades, I've decided that Christianity isn't cucked and is tired of being nice so this is good.

Christians, everybody.

T. Cuck and proud

Because it worked for my family for hundreds of years before me and it's working for me with my own family now.

I'll admit I don't live by every rule in the book and I'm not a big fan of where the church is going these days but traditional Catholic values are all you need and it doesn't get much better for raising sons, as long as you don't teach them all the new age gay shit, which I'd argue isn't even really Catholic teaching to begin with

You wanna argue that being a Muslim or Jew or whatever is better that's fine I respect that, but my parents came from Naples and Catholicism works fine for me

Who is this female in picture, i feel like I know this person irl, but the hair/ wig is throwing me off.

No.

Now fuck off.

Source?

>>Christians don't take the craziest shit in the Bible literally
Do you take idioms and poetry literally?
>>I know a neat factoid about the inner ear, therefore I can say that it discounts the entire rest of biological evolutionary theory spread over many disciplines and studied through centuries of research.
I'm not saying that evolution isn't real. Only that it's possible that it is the process that God used to create life.
>>Christianity is moral and nice, but because I learned something(?) about the Crusades, I've decided that Christianity isn't cucked and is tired of being nice so this is good.
Christianity is moral, but in recent years people have taken it's niceness too far to the point of getting the innocent killed and raped. This is only a very tiny fraction of Christianity's history though and from my discussions with the Christian community they will probably change back to Christianity's moral, but defensive and strong values soon.

Read C.S Lewis' book about Christianity. Thats what done it for me.

because we know bible authors believed that jesus christ was divine
they couldn’t be hallucinating because there were too many of them
and they couldn’t be lying because they wouldn’t let themselves be prosecuted and martyred for something they made up
+ plenty of prophesies about jesus, science that wasn’t known back then in the old testament and plenty of miracles happening like lady of zeitoun or the plenty claims of miracles in china (not sure the exact number or source, i heard in it here: youtube.com/watch?v=owURacUBpX0 but can’t find when did he say it)

>Also you were just criticizing the big bang theory but are now using it as a case for Christianity being a good thing?
I never criticized the big bang theory, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy that it's origin is from a Christian monk, yet you will claim that it's the most likely explanation for how the universe was created and also claim that Christianity is holding back scientific progress.

As for defecting other things, I'm attempting to highlight the "religious" non-religion of Atheism. It's just as dogmatic as any other belief system, especially when most atheists firmly believe that there is no God without question and are disallowing their own minds to consider the possibilities that other options exist, which goes against the scientific method.

Diversity is our strength! Everyone loves tacos!

This OP
Your argument was done in a faggy way. I understand what you mean. But, as user said, it can easily be turned against you

Humanity not having a clear answer to every natural process yet doesn't mean the answer should automatically default to the supernatural. If you're going to defend your beliefs, fucking defend them before you try to pick apart what you believe is the same argument in reverse.

This is why people say Christianity is cucked.

Let's see:

>My people did so for nearly two millenia with no sign of pressure to make them believe.
>Which means that St. Andrew must have made my people believe someway
>Our Pagan past is something that is imposible to come back to, and seeing as how they got defeated, something not worthy of reproducing
>Christians are superior from a usefulness to the nation standpoint compared to all other religions especially lack of a religion

>my parents came from Macau and rice is fine for me

Fixed that for ya.

This is why I'm agnostic

The scientific method has nothing to do with unfalsifiable claims like the existence of supernatural beings.

Agnostic master race.

We could be in the matrix, God could be any of the documented religions, or undocumented, or lost religions, he could have died, he could be aliens that fucked chimps, could have been a better life form farting and the results us occuring after millions of years of evolution, etc, etc, etc.

But it doesn't change my life one bit and provided others only use it to benefit their own personal life and of those around them instead of using it for a means of justification for doing evil deeds then I am happy for religious people.

Pretty smart, coming from an amerishart
Honestly though THIS.

Because their parents indoctrinated them, that's the only way any religion survives.

If some supreme being really did create the universe from scratch, he sure as hell wouldn't care about how insignificant blips like us conduct ourselves. Nor would he instruct us to do so without giving some proof.

All he'd have to do would be to create an area where the laws of physics don't apply and make some crazy shit happen there that would be undeniably supernatural.

Ya there's a lot of chinks here, they make bomb fried pork. I must be missing your point tho

>It's much more illogical to conclude that the universe just popped up out of nowhere.

This is how Christards think the Big Bang Theory works

Relevant videos by Bishop Barron: youtube.com/watch?v=7ny0T9NoLpQ youtube.com/watch?v=NEs3es9WyIg

Another good Bishop Barron video: (This one is one of my favorites. It's about how Christianity was originally very rebellious and how the symbol of the cross was originally used as a sort of 'fuck you' to Rome) youtube.com/watch?v=zHQP8INrV7M

>That's a little arrogant for somebody who can't prove where the universe came from, don't you think?

You also can't "prove" where the universe came from, saying "God did it" is not proof.

>It's not illogical to believe
All belief is illogical by definition. You start with your irrational creations stories, then attempt to "prove" them by making more irrational claims and statements. This is why we call you feeble-minded and laugh at you.

>that there is something eternal
We know enough about time and temporal logic to know that eternal and infinity are imaginary constructs.

>that is responsible for the creation of the universe
There is zero evidence that the universe was "created". There is only the flawed arguments spewed by theists whose cognitive abilities are severely damaged by their years of gullibility and delusional thoughts.

>and ultimately life as a result.
Elements and chemicals in the universe seem to naturally form water and proteins. Since it is so prevalent, it has a high probability of being normal. There's no legitimate reason to ascribe "magical" or "supernatural" powers as the cause.

>It's much more illogical to conclude that the universe just popped up out of nowhere.
The cosmological expansion (Big Bang) theory does not posit that there was nothing. Cosmologists know that there must have been something that preceded the hot dense object that expanded into our universe.

>Again atheists have the burden of proof
Theists must first prove the existence of their gods before atheists have any need of dismissing them like all the others.

>Again atheists have the burden of proof, and instead of taking the path of intellectual honesty and admitting that they simply are not able to prove exactly how the universe came into existence.
Atheists? They are the non-believers.

You must mean the astrophysicists. They both start with an "A", we can see how someone like you might get confused. Check with the scientists, they might have a better answer for your hollow rhetorical questions.

because we know the qurans authors believed that allah was divine
they couldn’t be hallucinating because there were too many of them
and they couldn’t be lying because they wouldn’t let themselves be prosecuted and martyred for something they made up

>The scientific method has nothing to do with unfalsifiable claims like the existence of supernatural beings.
No but it does have everything to do with proving a theory and being open to the idea that you're original hypothesis is incorrect.

>not having a clear answer to every natural process yet doesn't mean the answer should automatically default to the supernatural.
I never claimed that it should. The only thing that I'm even saying in this thread is that atheists are unable to prove where the universe came or how life begins from any more than Christians are able to prove where the universe came from or how life begins.

Just banter m8

>It makes people care about others rhey have no interest in. It makes people care about non materialistic things. It makes people consider violence as a last resort that should be avoided.
So does natural human empathy found in most but the biggest edgelords, except you do it because you know it's right instead of because you are afraid that Sky Wizard will punish you for it

Pascal's wager doesn't even work according to his logic. Who says everyone wants to live forever anyway? Heaven or Hell, I'd rather just die.

>"Gods"

Christians don't believe in some fallible deity that you could logically pick apart. They believe in a supreme being. A supreme being is by concept something that is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. If it isn't all those things, it isn't a supreme being.

As such, a supreme being isn't something you could just find out there in space, nor is it something that has emotions. It is not subject to potency, it does not have a personality. Christians don't believe in some human persona that has powers, they believe in a concept.

Of course, many branches of fundamentalism bluepill themselves with ideas that don't require serious thought, so they make a mockery of all the rest.

The way I see it if you believe in science 100% and think everything is just a random occurrence it's pretty much tacitly admitting you have no free will.
If you are just a complex chemical reaction that's self aware what's the point. Nothing you do will ever have any meaning since you didn't actually do anything, the massive chemical reaction that is the universe just continued.
So for the sake of your sanity you have to look for other answers.
You may as well choose the one your ancestors chose.