Can man do good without God or does all good come from the Holy Spirit, while man is naturally a sinner?

Can man do good without God or does all good come from the Holy Spirit, while man is naturally a sinner?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Týr
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

God isn't real dumbass.
A man chooses his path in life.

t. ableist

This is very important for politics.

If Luther was right, we must kill all non-Christians to make the world a better place.

I dunno but I work for Lutherans and they are some of the most blue-pilled, "diversity is strength" Hillary people I know

One can only do good by God.
Any action or thought engaged in without the understanding that its moral status is determined by the commandments of the Almighty God cannot possibly be good.

Many strains of Lutherans. Some ultra liberal, some ultra conservative.

Honestly surprised that they are so liberal, not sure how they reconcile it with Martin "On Jews and Their Lies" Luther's teachings

How did a man as based as Luther, start a movement as cucked as Protestantism?

People are too brainless to reconcile anything. They don't even understand the contradictions they engage in.

Lutherans don't really follow Luther, although the accept many of his teachings. They don't accept everything he said though, and nothing he wrote is thought to be Inspired.

Sounds strange that they are called Lutherans? Well, they originally didn't call themselves that. They called themselves Evangelical Catholics. "Lutheran" was a pejorative that the Roman Catholics came up with. It stuck.

Homosexuality is okay as long as you don't practice it. By accepting God you will be freed from such sinful desires.

Luther was a degenerate heretic

No, one can sin simply with a mindset aimed at sin, as explained in Matthew 5:28.

Your religion/s is literally meme tier, you realise this right? In a hundred years the only people believing this crap in Western Nations will be fringe lunatics. There have literally been satanists that have done more good than some Christians. Don't kid yourself for even a second.

>Can man do good without God or does all good come from the Holy Spirit, while man is naturally a sinner?

Man can do nothing without God, generally speaking. Man is not totally depraved but rather partially inclined towards sin through irrational desires.

Which god OP?

"Good" doesn't mean anything coming from you. You don't have anything that constitutes an objective good.

Guess my ID answered the question

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Týr

"Good" is a relativistic measurement that varies based upon the individual and society that measures it. Good, in fact, doesn't mean anything coming from you since the only measurement of it that you can make is one based upon what a non-existent entity deems to be good.

>"Good" is a relativistic measurement
No, it's an absolute determined by God.
If "good" means something different by sheer virtue of what people think it means, there's no such thing as substantive good. It's a buzzword that ultimately means absolutely nothing.

If Abdul raping you in the anus can constitute "good" just because he/other people think that such is good, while simultaneously you hold that not raping someone in the anus is good while raping them in the anus is either bad or evil, then all your terms are meaningless to begin with.

>No, it's an absolute determined by God.

Prove it.

Prove morality is relative.
>what are axioms

>Prove morality is relative.

Seriously?

I have a different morality and moral code to some middle-eastern Muslim or some nigger in Africa. Therefore it is relative to the beholder.

Now answer the question instead of dodging it you weeb.

You having different feels than someone else =/= morality being relative. One of you is right or neither of you is right. A proposition is either true or not-true. Two conflicting propositions - such as "murder is moral" and "murder is immoral" cannot logically both be true.

Ill respond to this when you can prove to me that good is an absolute determined by God.

I'll be waiting.

I don't have to "prove" what I believe is ultimately the correct morality to you is in fact the ultimate morality - all I need to do is point out how your belief (relativism) is logically impossible, as I've done

>I don't have to "prove"

Stop right there faggot, yes you do. Evidence is required to convince someone (with a head, anyway) of your position. Provide it.

I'm not interested in convincing you. I don't have to explain my axioms - they're fucking axioms.
All I'm interested in is shitting all over your dumbfuckery when it's logically assailable.

>All I'm interested in is shitting all over your dumbfuckery when it's logically assailable.

So you're attempting to use logic to call me out and "shit all over my dumbfuckery" and then won't attempt to prove your statement, thus acting illogically in an argument and proving your own "dumbfuckery" Nice.

We're done here.

I don't have to prove what I commit to on faith.
Just like you don't have to prove Caesar wasn't a doppleganger to believe he wasn't.

Logic doesn't require faith statements to be proven, it requires propositions to be valid/sound.
"I believe in God" is a valid and sound proposition.
"Murder is immoral while murder is simultaneously moral" is neither valid nor sound - it is self-contradictory and nonsense.

Ja ne retard~