Was anyone else baffled by this scene as a kid?

Was anyone else baffled by this scene as a kid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMNfrDp93B8
youtu.be/HCKT6ukArhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No because a kid when it aired.

>>/out/

It legitimately scared me the first time I saw it

I'm assuming you mean you weren't a kid when it was aired. I'm 22 and I didn't realize that was too young for this board

It's ironic humour. Spongebab and the others were scared shitless of some flickering lights but when it's revealed that a genuine monster is doing it, they're perfectly fine.

No because I grew up on horror films from a young age

You realize people born when it first aired are 15 now, so most people young enough to be kids when it aired are older than 18.

Noseferatu isn't the kind of film a kid, or even most adults, would know about or see.

No, because even as a stupid eighth grader, I was able to understand simple irony.

Sure it is, it's a horror classic. It's been referenced countless times in media, and anybody into the genre of horror will eventually be aware of it at some point

That was a hard movie to get a hold of before DVDs, tho

>or even most adults

You need to talk to more adults

Herzog had a remake of the film in the late 1970's. It was already fairly well known by then.

I watched documentaries constantly as a kid when there are nothing good on TV, and sometimes this funny vampire guy would be used as an example regarding bats or vampires or something. Anyway, I wasn't surprised, as I knew he was supposed to be a vampire from some sort of old-timey horror film.

Plus the 1979 adaptation of Stephen King's Salem's Lot changed the vampire to look more like Orlok.

>Can't do simple math

>tfw thought you were talking about the original movie from 1922
>wondered why Sup Forums invaded Sup Forums
>wondered why 100+ year old geezers post here

You need to get more in touch with reality. Most adults watched the schlock of their day just the the teens today watch the schlock out now.

Nosferatu isn't a well known film at all anymore sadly. You'd have to go back to grandparents.

That's a big ass light switch, and I was a little thrown off as a kid. But, looking at it now, the joke is pretty quality.

They aired reruns of "Are you afraid of the dark" arround the same time spongebob first aired, there was an episode where a magic movie reel brought Nosferatu (his name is Orlok) to the real world and the theater attendants have to fight him. So I at least knew he was suppose to be an old movie vampire.

youtube.com/watch?v=UMNfrDp93B8

The writer had good taste in movies, that's for sure.

Nah, he looked a bit silly more than creepy, back then and still now today, for me.

youtu.be/HCKT6ukArhw

But the image of a bald bucktoothed vampire remains well known even if most people don't know it's source

was anyone else triggered by how they call him nosferatu even though his name is actually count orlok

That show was great. I was 7 or so when I watched the episode with the babysitter whose stories come true. That scarred me for years to come because of that witch who looked like the babysitter - I could only sleep with some light source for the next years. Now, over 20 years later, I watched that episode again and it was hilarious.

Fuck that episode.

I still remember this being as a major 'NOPE' episode in my youth