Half way through this piece of shit

Half way through this piece of shit.

>lives in Texas
>doesn't have gun with him at all times
>let's wife and daughter get raped and killed

>homoshit riddled throughout the whole movie
>"You know my brother had a crush on you" "I didn't know he was gay" "Neither did he".
>lead character in passing mentioned that her parents were religious and henceforth racist, homophobic, etc.

>pointless beached whales at the beginning

I know this movie had to be made by some jew but it turns out it was from some leftist faggot fashion designer who is an honorary kike anyway. Don't even want to finish it so now I'm on Sup Forums to shitpost about it until the end. I can't believe you faggots said this was good. The ONLY good thing is Michael Shannon. At least his accent is believable unlike Jake's.

Great movie

Name of the movie?

wrong

It's a good movie I agree with you. Soundtrack was 10/10

Why did the perfume guy make this movie? What was the point he was trying to get across?

>LOOK AT ME I'M A REAL CREATIVE

Probably something like that. The guy is having massive issues from being homosexual and was an alcoholic because of that for a long time.

Yeah it's a bad movie. Sandwiching a "story within the story" was pointless when the in-universe "fiction" is a relatively tense thriller that's undercut at all turns by shots of Amy Adams sitting in bed reading a book and reacting with a shocked expression.

I rewatched it last night, I think it's amazing and probably the best movie of 2016.

Although I can see why you didn't like it when one two of your only complaints are "hurr SJWs and fat ladies durr" I am very right wing myself but if you let that minor stuff (besides the intro and the literally 8 seconds of the film where she calls her parents racist and homophobic) be two of your three major complaints, you're completely retarded.

There are so many minor details, significant call backs, ideas, just tiny little things that tie the two stories together and it's absolutely kino. You probably could barely see the connections other than "Edward proved Susan wrong then stood her up OMG"

The whole thing came across as a pointless exercise. A movie that was entirely Jake's book would at least be kind of entertaining, but in the end treating it as a fiction removes any real impact from it. Also the fact that Ford takes a story of written prose being read by a character, and interprets her experience of reading it as basically a movie, shows he has no understanding of the nuances between the different mediums. Every time I started to invest in that story, I'd remember oh right, this is nothing but words on a page being read by the real protagonist. And her story arc was meaningless as shit.
>Get bf
>Cheat on him
>Leave him
>New bf cheats on her
>Ex bf thot patrols her

The entire point of this was to show the contrast between the real world and the book. Susan chose materialistic, artificial living with an uncaring and unloving husband who cheats on her because he was more financially stable. She chose that lack of anything genuine, of romance, love to the point where the Susan parts feel much more fake than anything in the book. Edward wrote the book from a personal standpoint- his child was killed, he lost his wife, and he searched for revenge. The book parts of the movie are far more gripping and tense than the real world because Edward wrote from an honest and genuine place, something that is completely the opposite of the life Susan is now living, what she threw Edward and his child away for. In the book, Ray is Susan, and in getting revenge on Ray in the book, Edward gets revenge on Susan, standing her up, and finally moving on, letting that angry, revenge seeking Tony part die and there be closure. He lets Susan rot in the life she chose. There are quite a few instances of shared dialogue, callbacks, and minor details to hammer in a connection between book and reality, but the jarring separation of their scenes is very intentional.

Wow a movie has an art gallery showing modern art! What a pile of fucking PC bullshit!

Yep. Damn good performances from main cast.

OP posted the fucking poster for the movie you stupid fuck, kill yourself

there are plenty of yuppie libtards in texas.

It's actually pretty non-leftist. Amy Adams is completely in the wrong and gets shown up. It's in favor of marriage and the post modern art scene is pretty clearly is being mocked.

In your language that means "roastie and sjws got btfo lmao".

Jake's book wouldn't stand up on its own right. Its a paper-thin revenge thriller that loses all tension once he finds the bodies.

This, OP
Like I said before I know that kind of hurr durr she said racist and sexist this is a leftcuck movie shit will trigger you, but it's very promarriage, protraditionalism if you actually finish it.

Amy Adams gets BTFO for being a dumb whore, abortion is treated as the actual killing of a child instead of just something you do if you forgot to take birth control hehe, and the best scene of all is when Susan says she wants to break up with Edward, and Edward says "Do you love me?". She says that's not the point, to which Edward replies that it is, that if you love someone you work it out. This is displayed without any hint of irony or criticism, and is my favorite moment in the movie because I can relate to that moment and I'm sure a lot of guys can. The movie depicts Edward as being in the right and like this poster said, in your language it's essentially "roasties BTFO!"

Point of the movie is that post modern elite lifestyles are soulless. Amy Adams throws away a marriage for a meaningless existance. Her life is so pristine and perfect that she tries to find meaning in outrageous, absurd art, like her friends. It's means nothing because there's no emotion to the art.

Then Jake Gyllenhaal writes a simple, almost generic crime tale that packs more drama and emotion into one book than Amy Adam's entire gallery. He leads her on and delivers one of the most well crafted fuck yous in cinema. Jake destroys the very concept of her life. Up there with Franky, my dear...

It manages to mock post modern art and praise real art while still being a high brow movie itself AND STILL tell a pretty decent tragic love story.

You put it very well, this is exactly what it's about.
The best part is that the revenge tale in the book really is quite generic, but even so it's written/depicted so well as to be incredibly moving, gripping, tense, dramatic, the antithesis of everything Amy Adams chose over Jake Gyllenhaal, and for what? Money?

It's the best fuck you I've ever seen in a movie. I've never seen anyone BTFO harder than Amy Adams in this movie.

dat roastie got btfo so hard lol

fuckin kino

>alt right pussy cries about literally everything
what did OP mean by this?

It's especially satisfying when the movie is pro-everything he believes in but he's too dumb to see it.

Fucking retard. This is /ourmovie/. I don't care if a faggot made the movie. It's great.

It's bait to get a thread going or a false flag.

I notice a lot of false flags lately. Unless OP is serious in which case

>posting a post so bad it seems like you are pretending to be a retard so other people associate your beliefs with retardation

>Amy Adams in glasses
>pause movie and masturbate
>naked pale redheads dead on a couch
>pause movie and masturbate
>selfish slut gets mentally annihilated
>masturbate over credits

8/10.

It wasn't bad the highway scene was great.

I liked, it was some fucked up emotional revenge because she broke his heart. Him not showing up at the restaurant made everything even more satisfying.
He showed through the book how she destroyed everything and left this grieve inside him, she probably thought, okay, i'm ready to make peace with this awful situation, only to be hit with his absence but know she knows exactly how he feels and there's no return from that.

7/10 movie would watch again

Dumb movie.

I think you're essentially right but everything you describe there is still one, quite a shallow look into two people's minds/relationship and two, executed through a very paint by numbers idea. In the film the two stories should have supported each other, but i think it comes across as two half-stories because if you just look at the book it's a pretty bog standard thriller and if you look at the Amy Adams part it's just a rich people ennui story that we've seen before too. Yes maybe the book feels more 'real' cause it comes from a place of real pain and experience, but ultimately the way that story is delivered is a bland thriller (and the fact that adams' character mentions how dark and disturbing it is in the film makes it even more obvious).

What is especially bad is that the book part is very clearly genre-inspired and so on, but because at the end of the day Ford is a fashion designer first and a director second, that part is super stylized and overdesigned as much as Adams' huge house, so much attention goes into the car, the clothes, the sets, that it's supposed to be this backwater but it has no real grit, it's a very exercised 'roughness', like pre-ripped jeans.

The idea for the film is just too simplistic to work, and very few directors have managed to get away with stories about unfulfilled rich people anyway, Antonioni being one example in my opinion (La Notte in particular).

>The whole movie is literally about women getting BTFO

Is Ford /ourguy/?

>were religious and henceforth racist, homophobic
Did you fucking watch the movie or are you just looking for things to cry about?

I didn't think it was horrible, but the part when Amy Adam's character isn't sleeping and starts having hallucinations or something were really off putting. It's like it was turning into a cheap horror movie, it even had jump scares iirc.

Tom Ford deeply resents his homosexuality and career in the fashion industry.

kek

/ourgay/

THE BOOK IS NOT AN ACTUAL STORY YOU FUCKWIT, ITS A METAPHOR FOR HER LEAVING HIM AND ABORTING HIS UNBORN DAUGHTER.

Fucking brainlets man...