Every normie I know hated TFA and doesn't care about this one

Every normie I know hated TFA and doesn't care about this one

I know it's anecdotal, but honestly, is there any chance of Last Jedi flopping?
Like only getting 75% of TFA box office?

Other urls found in this thread:

adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols
pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/06/walt-the-quasi-nazi-the-fascist-history-of-disney.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All my normie friends who kinda liked the og star wars movies when they were growing up hated TFA. All the “nerd culture is epic!!” friends I have loved Tfa and are the kind of people who admit to cry when the first trailer dropped because of “muh nostalgia”

It'll get $1 billion, minimum

I enjoyed TFA more than Rogue One at least.

I think Last Jedi doing worse than Force Awakens is a bit of a foregone conclusion because the novelty of there being a new Star Wars movie has worn off. Is it going to do much worse? I dunno.

Good chance of underperforming. Flopping is for the Han Solo movie or Episode 9.

everyone will go to see it just because it's a big name, that's how those retards work
Sup Forums (which is mostly reddit) always buys the newest AAA games even though they are constantly shitting on them, but those retards HAVE TO buy it because it's a big name

even if it didn't do well in NA (I'm sure it'll turn at least a decent profit domestically regardless), Star Wars is some of the most recognizable burger culture out there and muricah-obsessed foreign markets will still flock to it

disney wars is quintessentially american, it does much worse overseas than your typical blockbuster

why is that picture used for the porg?

Makes it look like its teeth were kicked in

TFA bombed by Asia by their metrics because they used a black guy in the movie

Ops question leads to my next question, what is the Jar Jar Porg of the Cameron-verse?

this
I've never seen TFA but I was tempted to at the time. now I have no incentive to watch the last jedi
the same applies to most viewers, it's mainly just people who've seen the force awakens who will want to see this one, and I'm sure a good percentage of them aren't that interested

>Is this future or is it past?

I love porgs so much
i want to pet them

Don't worry, now they have a fat chinese woman who'll fuck the nigger

I can already taste the billions of yuan

JA GUT! PORG UBER ALLES! LIEBE PORG!
NOW RUN TO YOUR SHOP AND BUY OUR FUCKING TOYS OR GAS! NUR PORG!

Im gonna call you Micheal, because you remind of a class mate from college, because he would literally to something like this.

>daily "star wars will flop" thread

Really?

I found Rogue one a refreshing look at the Star Wars universe without space magic laser sword people. It had a real war grit, no good guys in war feel.

No opening scrawl did annoy me however.

side note. the current trailer right now sits at 29 million views after 5 days? is that pace of growth similar to Episode 7? I´m asking because it seems like a small number for a franchise like Star Wars

Whatever it is, keep doing. These are great.

>I found Rogue one a refreshing look at the Star Wars universe without space magic laser sword people.

I know and I get it. I can appreciate it for being different, I'd just hesitate to say it's actually good. It was oddly paced, had very lacking character development and a story we knew the ending of.

Youtube views are all manipulated these days, so it's not much of a proof

>It was oddly paced
Yes, the beginning jumped around a lot and I feel that the film didn't hit it's stride until somewhere before the halfway mark. I was worried at first but the ending was very good to me.

>had very lacking character development
True, I feel if they focused less on bad guy being upset about his shiny toy being taken away we could have become more familiar with characters. However, as they are doomed to begin with it doesn't make sense to dive too deep in their stories.

>story we knew the ending of
But that was where the fun was! We knew they got the plans but not how! It isn't some faceless rebels who stole the plans anymore. When we see the Death Star explode it feels more satisfying knowing their sacrifice wasn't in vain.

Best part: A logical explanation for Death Star design flaw, well done.

>user goes up to random strangers on the street
>they're talking amongst themselves about non-autistic things
>you awkwardly shuffle towards them
>"y-you guys like the force awakens?" you ask sweating profusely
>they side eye you in disgust as they walk away
>you hear them laughing
>"what the fuck? was he talking to us?"
>"gross, dude"

Fucking normies, ammiright?

I actually give a Star Wars questionnaire to every little soyboy I fuck in your area, you've probably seen them

To everyone who gone bananas for the porgs, calm down, they're just pets, they won't be the new ewoks, they won't be little daring heroes

It will never reach the 2 billion of TFA since they don't have the benefit of the doubt and nostalgia to bank anymore. But it will probably still break the billion. I predict 1.4 billion.

>is there any chance of Last Jedi flopping?
we need to expose what PORG stands for (Perfectly Organized Racial Genocide) and how it's the secret mascot for trump nazis

>as they are doomed to begin with it doesn't make sense to dive too deep in their stories.

I don't agree with it, I think developing them properly would have made their eventual sacrifice a lot more powerful and the ending overall more emotional.

I agree with you that it was really fun to see all the little pieces that would eventually lead to New Hope fall into place but I wish I had been invested in it more for its own sake.

Ein Volk, Ein Porg

No.

Tickets are already selling like mad. It will get more than TFA.

How is a creature with no dexterous limbs capable of building a civilization or flying a space ship?

No chance it flops. People will go see it just to see it because everyone else will.

hitler

did you know walt disney was a nazi, btw? look it up

henry ford too

>normie
Under cover normalfag detected

It wasn't really considered a bad thing in US prior to becoming involved in WWII. Once that happened membership in the country became practically nonexistent.

HH

So how did Nazi Porgs become a thing? Seems pretty random.

Are you the guy i suggested this to the other day?

>is there any chance of Last Jedi flopping? Like only getting 75% of TFA box office?
user TFA got over 2 billion dollars in the box office, 75% of that is 1.5 billion dollars.
Now you explain how the fuck is that number "a flop" please

also "purify our race's genes", depends on the context according to the ADL
adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols
sick, disney fucked up or they're complaisant and just don't care, or want trump supporters money

Crappy photoshop fail. SAD!

Wouldn't this combination make the movie bomb even harder in China?

It was my idea.

depends really, people might be lured in by deceptive trailers that make it look like the asian is a big lead and does not hook up with the black guy.

well, it kind of makes sense given that Disney is really channeling Nazi themes for the new movies

Darkseid... in the house!

Are you e guy i suggested this to the other day?

>Disney is really channeling Nazi themes for the new movies
>for the new movies
>new movies

Have you seen the original trilogy or do you have no actual knowledge of Nazi Germany? WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK GEORGE LUCAS GOT THE NAME STORMTROOPERS FROM, THE FRENCH???

Version without swastika, now can be posted on SW facebook as empire fanart

it was more subtle, especially with the imagery. It was also much more combined with British imperialist imagery. The OT never has a scene where an Imperial holds a nuremberg rally the way Hux does in ep7. And ofcourse, the most iconic use of visuals that parallels nazi imagery is the rebel medal ceremony in episode 4 that is basicly a one for one recreation of a scene from a nazi propoganda movie, triumph of the will. Obviously a much less hamfisted use.
Also stormtroopers predate nazi use back to ww1. It literally means shock troops.

bimbo

redpill me on nazi porgs. How did it start?

For some reason every normie friend I have saw TFA, most in theatres.
They're not even people that care about the original trilogy, I've tried to ask them "why?" and they all just shrug and the conversation feels awkward like when you're the autist trying to question any convention like good manners etc. It's bizarre.

here

Underrated

How dare Disney use an alt-right symbol like the Porg in their movie? It's a dog whistle to white supremacists.

sometime in the 1930's

Disney fucked up turning Star Wars into an annual social event that will be forgotten a week after it has premiered.

Someone post the pasta that compares Sup Forumsfags to bronies, please.

speaking of the devil

As soon as trailer shown screaming porg, somone photoshopped it into screaming nazi officer having a speach. Then people who were frustrated by these obviously toy-sale purpose creatures such as Ewoks or JarJar found chance to use internet and meme porgs with nazi, in hope that mass media catch it and hurt Disney sales plan. Similar to Pepe memes.

It is bizarre. I'm one of those 90S KIDS that hated what AAA gaming turned into, so I started playing almost exclusively indie titles before growing out of video games entirely. I thought it was a natural evolution. But whenever I visited gaming sites everyone shared my hatred of them, yet still played all of them. Why?

It was me. From a thread on here a few days back.

walt was a nazi
pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/06/walt-the-quasi-nazi-the-fascist-history-of-disney.html

WAY before that.

He must be rolling in his grave seeing super kike Bob Iger turning a creative company into a Moloch that swallows better companies to make them work. Disney hasn't made anything new for decades they're rebooting all their classics and doing the same thing for Star wars.

Why did people go to see A New Hop in the 70s?

Even if you haven't egaged with Star Wars in the past, the new trilogy is a way for people to do just that. It references the OG and Preq trilogies which encourages people to go back and watch them if they enjoy it. Also, people will always flock to Space Operas.

They didn't go see "A New Hope", they went to see Star Wars. A movie that was pretty revolutionary in every way. It wasn't just another shitty cash grab in an environment where movie makers can make anything they can imagine with the snap of fingers. Seeing space battles etc. evoked genuine amazement that someone could create such a thing on film, that's not a selling point anymore.

then fucking kill yourself you useless sack of crap

>Also, people will always flock to Space Operas.
>Implying Disney isn't making billions entirely on the brand recognition
Remember that space opera call Jupiter Acsending?

I literally don't know a single person who watches any of this Disney shit. Am I too old? I'm only 27

I'm 26 and all my normie friends watch Star Wars, if not in theatres then at least at home.

Why Eddie?....why? You have an Oscar man.

>Episode 9
>flopping

>is there any chance of Last Jedi flopping?
Based on my experience trying to get tickets at a decent IMAX screen on the first day of sale, no.

Did you know Eddie auditionned for Kylo Ren?

Tickets to the midnight opening sessions are still available in Sydney. This was not the case with TFA. Looking at the seats still available it looks to be tracking better than Rogue One did here.

Hmmm, not emo enough

Whats the problem user

>Based on my experience trying to get tickets at a decent IMAX screen on the first day of sale, no.
That's just the silly fanboys. People who pre-order tickets are irrelevant, they'd gobble anything poured down they throat by Disney. Wait until the film is released and people reveal it's ESB for betas. These movies make a lot of money from repeated viewings, I bet few people will rewatch.

If the Last Jedi flops it will be a miracle on par with Trump winning the presidency.

We'll see. I'd be surprised if Disney failed with this considering they still churn out 20 capeshit movies a year and people still eat it up. Star Wars is much more of an event, and we've got two months of obnoxious marketing to come.

The release date screenings will always be full, that doesn't tell much about its appeal to the general public.

But sold out two months in advance for a screening a couple of days after release?

>Directed by the Tranny brothers

Hmmm

>it's a real tweet
what the fuck?

No chance at all. As both a normie and a basement dwelling degenerate, TFA was extremely well received and the hype is enormous.

Still, anyone that buys tickets two months in advance is a Star Wars fanboy. Those will always exist, no doubt.
I'm not saying the movie will flop, I don't believe it will, but the question will be the people who go see it when it hits the theatres because it's saturday and they feel like watching a movie. Not people who consider the release date to be a national holiday.

>yet still played all of them. Why?
Because it's fun.