They remember. Do you?

Despite being something of a clusterfuck due to all the characters, it blows my mind how much better Annihilation was than Civil War.

> MFW when it will never get an animated adaption.

I'm enjoying Sam and Dick

Best modern Marvel event.

I remember

Something you just don't forget. man, I actually started at the reunion with Cosmo. I missed Richard so fucking much.

*started crying

Stupid tears making it hard to type.

I read Annihilation once every few months. I will never forget.

Thing I loved about Annihilation is that it really feels like a fucking huge war.

It's a clusterfuck, it's long, and there's lasting concequences. Rider gutting Annihilus feels so, so rewarding as a result and by the end you can feel the war fatigue.

Legit probably one of the best comic series for twenty years.

Is Nova gonna reveal how/why Peter Quill regressed over the past few years?

No kidding, they even had some of the minor characters show up later on in fights towards the end, you know, the one's that don't have super powers or anything of the sort.

I'm still mad at how the finale of DnA run in Thanos Imperative was utterly fucked by the abysmal art.

Storytime someone? From the start including how Dick Rider came back?

It's a pretty straight forward sci fi war story. Marvel Studios should be able to adapt it in a few years and Disney should be ok budgeting it correctly given Star Wars success.

Despite reading it when I was a kid, I still remember so much about it.

I remember the destruction of the Nova Corps. I remember Cammi. I remember Galactus being held captive. I remember Ronan killing the Supreme Intelligence. I remember ROM and the motherfucking SPACE KNIGHTS.

It really was proof you don't need A-listers to write a good story.

>Despite reading it when I was a kid
Fuck you I feel so old now asfghdrghsdls

>Marvel Studios should be able to adapt it in a few years
Eh, they usually go for the more recent events at the comics, so I wouldn't expect that. When they're done with the whole Thanos thing, Annihilation will be old(er) news by far.

I mean, they're already using winter soldier, civil war, Planet Hulk etc, which aren't classics instead of older, better stuff.
...Well maybe excluding Planet Hulk, which is decent enough.

That's unknown. For now.

>When they're done with the whole Thanos thing, Annihilation will be old(er) news by far.
No worries there, Marvel Believer! Be sure to preorder the next big thing that everyone will be talking about - "Annihilation 2". Written by thesuperstar writer Brian Michael Bendis, it's sure to leave a lasting impact at the Marvel U.

It's not so funny if it's plausible, you know.

The problem with modern marvel events is that when its superheroes vs superheroes, you don't feel like there is any lasting consequences. No one is going to die or if they are going to die, they're going to be brought back or if they aren't going to be brought back, they were never important.

At the same time, you have villains like Thanos who never really feel like he's going to do anything. Why is he trying to destroy Earth? No one knows. His storyline ended years ago.

Annihilus was perfect in that he had one goal. Take over shit. It was actually happening too, the Annihilation Wave was an actual army actually destroying shit. So when he died, it was great; it was a real conclusion. Infinity didn't have a conclusion. Civil War 2 doesn't have a conclusion. What's the point of events that are just regular storylines in-between other storylines?

Annihilation Civil War and Planet Hulk all happened within the same timeframe dude

It is itself a recent event

Trauma and the crushing weight of his assembled guilt.

>Despite being something of a clusterfuck due to all the characters
Well, that's why they killed half off during the prologue, didn't they?

This, people around here really like to wail about how Quill has been ruined forever but it's honestly nothing that can't be fixed.

Bendis is gone. And from the way he speaks on interviews, he's more than done with cosmic stuff. It's not plausible anymore.

>Infinity didn't have a conclusion.

But it did. Thanos being imprisoned while his son fucked off somewhere was an actual ending. It just didn't feel like there was time to catch a break due to the whole incursion thing.

Truth.

Annihilation and the Messiah Complex/Second Coming stuff are the only things in cape comics to give me that sense of fatigue the characters are going through and the ridiculous catharsis of it all reaching a climax.

Agreed. Good way to describe it. Those events actually made you feel the tension the characters were meant to be going through and relief at the end of the stories comparable with the feeling at the end of say Star Wars RotJ.

Is there a link to download all Cosmic Marvel stuffs from Annihilation to Thanos Imperative? I have the main Annihilation comics but not the various limited supporting series.

I had heard there was a new Nova series, and this scene makes me want to read it now. How has it been?

It's been great.

The good ol' days.

Are you telling me modern Marvel is capable of greatness?

Not that guy, but they can make great on-goings. It's their events that went to shit.

Or at least CWII, since I really liked Secret Wars.

There's a dozen great moments in Annihilation.

One of my personal favorites was Ronan smashing Ravenous' smug face in while declaring him "GUILTY!"

Retroactively made me purse my lips at GotG Ronan.

I'd say there back on an upswing after the slump they've been in since secret wars.

I found two guides

>When they're done with the whole Thanos thing

Wasn't the Infinity Gauntlet over 25 years ago?

i want to rise my glass to, this was a realy touching moment

i think someone shoud change the title modern to neo-classic

Everything I see from the new Nova book looks good and almost everyone has said that it is great. The problem is that I have never read anything with Rich prior so I probably won't love as much as other people.

Ronan was a bad motherfucker all through Annihilation.

havent you read anhilation senpai? if you havent then you must read it asap its such a wonderfull saga use this guide if you want

I loved this series; I got that hugeass volume that could kill a turtle if you dropped on it.

Annihilation was my intro to Nova, you will enjoy it.

It will make you want to read more Nova

By now, yeah, about 10 years ago. But when could Marvel even get to Annihilation? Specially since half the relevant characters are stuck with Fox.

>The problem with modern marvel events is that when its superheroes vs superheroes, you don't feel like there is any lasting consequences.
>No one is going to die or if they are going to die, they're going to be brought back
That is NOT the problem. You can have a great, iconic event without any lasting consequences, as long as it's fun to read. What we get, though, is a bunch of out-of-character shit that doesn't leave a feeling you've read a good superhero story, only crap you don't really want referenced in the future.

Also, Annihilus' goal was to just destroy everything. It wasn't even his goal, though, it's how he was getting there. He would destroy one of his fleets just to make sure they feared him more than the enemy. He was using Galactus as a Deathstar. He was a pretty imposing threat.

Remember, he has one last "big story" he says he wanted to get out at the end...

Those had tons of characters, each had their time to shine, and the pacing was great. Curse of the Mutants, Spider-Island and Fall of the Hulks were a bit like that too.

>and relief at the end of the stories comparable with the feeling at the end of say Star Wars RotJ.
Good point, it's like they want to stay at Empire Strikes Back all the time, but that movie doesn't really support itself without RotJ.

Not with X-Men yet, among others.

I meant when they're done with Infinity Gauntlet movies, and ready to move on with the cosmic ones to something else, if at all.

Ain't gonna lie, I thought "suddenly Galactus has brothers" was bullshit. Still not too sold on it, but at least it made for a good story.

It was my first marvel event, Richard was my first superhero.
And thank god they let someone talented write him

>Remember, he has one last "big story" he says he wanted to get out at the end...
That one last story is his triple sized finale, not an event.

Is the new Nova series good? Everything i've seen actually looks awesome.

Might have to get the TPB

If they're taking a piece of Planet Hulk for Thor Ragnarok, I could easily see them using pieces of Annihilation for the Infinity War movies. Particularly the destruction of Xandar.

that was like the third time Xandar got destroyed bro

Really? I thought it was the second. That is kind of all it does though.

>You can have a great, iconic event without any lasting consequences, as long as it's fun to read.

Fear Itself didn't have lasting consequences, had iconic moments, and it was fun to read; and yet it's plenty of Sup Forums claims it was one of the most forgettable of the recent events.

Personally, I quite liked it.

this event make me stop reading comics for like 2 years

Why does Rocket Racoon look more like a pug?

the artist of the book use to have trouble keping just one look for him

I feel like it shouldn't have been an "event", but yea, I enjoyed Fear Itself.

and it had some "consequences" mainly the end of BuckyCap, some minor Thor changes (and Cul's introduction, I think hes in the current Thor book)